• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:44:57 AM

ROUND 1 - Aragon

Started by ALEale, December 09, 2014, 01:42:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonygas

Hi, not the reason for the disqualification at the start :o I just got the march out with the clutch and brake taken before the light turned green. The bike did not move or transferred the line.
What could have happened? Thank you.

See you at the next.

Google translation

HornetMaX

@tonygas: another known bug, I think oDi got the very same problem and got DSQ too. Sometimes, it somehow detect a "false jumpstart".

MaX.

ALEale

Quote from: HornetMaX on December 11, 2014, 07:59:11 AM
Quote from: ALEale on December 11, 2014, 07:55:04 AM
for some mystery reasons server didn't record replay and results :(
I see a lot of frustration coming for the next races ...  ::)

Better warn the guys (the ones that are not yet aware, at any rate).

MaX.

eheheheh  gpbikes = frustration

Max ormai noi "vecchi" ci abbiamo fatto il callo :)

tonygas

Quote from: HornetMaX on December 11, 2014, 08:13:25 AM
@tonygas: another known bug, I think oDi got the very same problem and got DSQ too. Sometimes, it somehow detect a "false jumpstart".

MaX.

Ok, thanks Max 

skerp

Last night there were some problems, but the grid was full, the race was completed by almost all participants, so personally i'm happy.thanks to all participants for the seriousness and fairness demonstrated in the race and throughout the evening, THANK YOU ALL

Hawk

Quote from: ALEale on December 11, 2014, 07:55:04 AM
for some mystery reasons server didn't record replay and results :(

so the classification posted by Furious will be the official i think :/

P.S.: somebody has recorded the replay at least?  ::)

Hi ALE.

I was just about to press the save button to save the replay when the race server disconnected on me, it disconnected very quick after the race finished... Sorry mate.  :(

Hawk.

Hawk

Quote from: tonygas on December 11, 2014, 08:05:29 AM
Hi, not the reason for the disqualification at the start :o I just got the march out with the clutch and brake taken before the light turned green. The bike did not move or transferred the line.
What could have happened? Thank you.

See you at the next.

Google translation

Quote from: HornetMaX on December 11, 2014, 08:13:25 AM

MaX.

As far as I am aware if, after the start sequence begins, a rider then moves at all(even just putting it into gear moves the handle bars) then you are likely to get a jump start penalty. I'm sure we confirmed this during one of Peters Old School Races?

Hawk.

tonygas

December 11, 2014, 10:30:55 AM #37 Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 10:41:45 AM by tonygas
Thanks Hawk,

then I have to put down before you start the output stream? or when the traffic light turns green? I have already scared lol

Translation of google

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk_UK on December 11, 2014, 09:54:54 AM
As far as I am aware if, after the start sequence begins, a rider then moves at all(even just putting it into gear moves the handle bars) then you are likely to get a jump start penalty. I'm sure we confirmed this during one of Peters Old School Races?

Hawk.
Likely maybe, but you shouldn't. Most of the time you can do plenty of things (move the handlebars, shift gears) and you're correctly not DSQ. On some occasions you don't even move at all and you get a DSQ.

Anyway, having to get 1st gear in when light turns to green is just silly for a simulator.

If you ask me, that's just another bug or server going nuts or netcode robustness problem.

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: tonygas on December 11, 2014, 10:30:55 AM
Thanks Hawk,

then I have to put down before you start the output stream? or when the traffic light turns green? I have already scared lol

Translation of google

Well I always keep my eye on the countdown for the start sequence, and make sure I am 1st gear engaged and clutch disengaged before the start sequence starts(and then keep perfectly still until lights turn green)... I think you'll find it works fine.

But as Max has stated above, you should be able to move about during the start sequence, so therefore it is something Piboso needs to look into as I agree with Max in that this is a BUG that needs sorting along with the server missing laps.
I cannot see why so long as you trigger the start line split that that registers your total lap alone, and then leave it up to the track authors to position checkpoint and subsequent penalties awarded for cutting certain parts of the track while riding around the track itself??

Now that the bikes done fall so easily when you go off track, and you can now easily ride on grass and sand to run back onto the circuit further along, it has now exaggerated this problem big time.

Hawk.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on December 11, 2014, 10:40:20 AM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on December 11, 2014, 09:54:54 AM

Hawk.
Likely maybe, but you shouldn't. Most of the time you can do plenty of things (move the handlebars, shift gears) and you're correctly not DSQ. On some occasions you don't even move at all and you get a DSQ.

Anyway, having to get 1st gear in when light turns to green is just silly for a simulator.

If you ask me, that's just another bug or server going nuts or netcode robustness problem.

MaX.

I absolutely agree on 99% of your points there, but I've never had a disqualification or a jump start without moving something, be it waving my hand, moving handlebars, or engaging gear after start sequence has already started; Often thought I'd been hard done to when it happened only to except my fault after analysing the replay after, and seeing what I'd actually done. Lol

But yes. Totally agree with you that you should be able to move so long as your bike doesn't move forward over your designated grid position line. It is a bug and does need sorting out because it is SO frustrating to get disqualified for the wrong reasons after you've put so much into practice and qualifying to run the race.
That's the sort of thing that makes riders drop out of championships because they feel hard done by and think what's the point of racing a champs for points when they are going to get penalised like that through no fault of there own.

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk_UK on December 11, 2014, 01:32:53 PM
I absolutely agree on 99% of your points there, but I've never had a disqualification or a jump start without moving something, be it waving my hand, moving handlebars, or engaging gear after start sequence has already started;
I clearly remember a GPB-IT race where 3 riders (one being me) were DSQ for jump start at the very same instant (really, all the 3 .... there, there ... gone). Chances of each of them being moving something at the very same instant are pretty thin ...

Anyway, just another little thing that adds up to the global list of unsatisfactory things before people can really enjoy racing online.

MaX.

Davide74

First of all thank aleale by the organization and all participants.
As for the race I'm happy with second place but not by the distance F93BG was going very fast.

sorry, google tranlation.

Klax75

Remember to set the replay buffer so it can record long replays too. In the gpbikes.ini

Add in

replay  = XXXXX

Instead of X's that is the number of available memory you have in K, to want GP Bikes to use.

Davide74

Quote from: Klax75 on December 12, 2014, 11:55:04 AM
Remember to set the replay buffer so it can record long replays too. In the gpbikes.ini

Add in

replay  = XXXXX

Instead of X's that is the number of available memory you have in K, to want GP Bikes to use.

number to 20 min record +-?