• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:00:33 PM

Public Road map ?

Started by Eagle, December 16, 2014, 07:37:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty0l215

Ive ridden the b500 and it is a brilliant road, but it was packed one day and fairly busy the next.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Eagle

Gorge du tarn in france is a really cool road as well. I once went at it as a passenger on my father's z1000sx (riding around the tarn with friends) and i keep good remembrances of it. :>

Even as a passenger, it was 400kms of good sensations. :3

A little exemple (couldn't find better, sorry..):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEFzcMrna-c

sellers

Macau is also a rather dangerous and fast street circuit, not quite as long as the NW200 but still a fun track

Eagle

>sellers

Mmh.. We were talking about public roads, not tracks..

grimm

The road into my home town was one of the highest speed and most challenging roads I've come across in years, not sure how to upload the co-ordinance of it or how to find someone willing to even take a creative look at possibilities of it existing in game, but I can take pictures and put all the leg work into it if someone wanted an 8 mile run of high speed corners and technical corners. It was a spectacle, and DDCC can account for the stretch from Lodi into Harmony Grove on County Road V/J being something a superbike could really get down on. Clearing apexes at 130mph was possible in real life, I can't imagine 150 is out of the realm of GP Bikes where consequence is no issue. :D

BOBR6 84

probably the best road iv ridden is the causeway coastal road in northern Ireland, stayed in a village called Cushendall on the east coast, follow the coast road all the way around until you reach port rush/port stuart, to watch the NW200! ;)

Hawk

Probably the best way for others to take a look at your personal real-life road tracks would be to ID the place/country and road(every road has a number) and then we can take a look at the road with Google earth(even using the google earth street map function), and maybe state what villages or town/s the road may run through or run between? Even post a screen shot with the road marked out on google earth with a path-marker. this would allow us to ID it on google earth.  ;)

I remember many years ago now(Lol), racing around a public road track(in the countryside) that me and my mate had defined as a race track; it was about 5.5 miles long and was brill!!  ;D

Anyway.... Just a thought. Hope this helps.  ;)

Hawk.

PS: Even a postcode of the road would be good to initially pinpoint the area in question.  :)

PS:PS: Just a thought that came to mind: I believe you can save a page as a file in google earth? Just save the google earth page with your road track on it and save it as a file and provide a download link for that file. Then we can import that file to go straight to the google earth screen your pinpointing. Again, just a thought. :)

Eagle

Hey, this thread is getting really interesting. We can talk about great roads and experience and it can interest mappers. :D

Hope it'll inspire for them. :>

matty0l215

sellers

i was under the assumption that the Macau GP was held in the streets of Macau, does this not make it a public road circuit?

BOBR6 84

Quote from: sellers on January 04, 2015, 03:11:39 PM
i was under the assumption that the Macau GP was held in the streets of Macau, does this not make it a public road circuit?

yep  8)

sellers

Thank you for the confirmation BOB :P

Hawk

Quote from: matty0l215 on January 04, 2015, 12:40:16 PM

Am i doing this right?  ;) :P

Looks good to me Matty. I would be able to find that on Google Earth, but then again who wouldn't be able to find the IOM race TT circuit. Lol   ;D

Hawk.

Harrytmj66

I know everyone would love the Isle Of Man circuit but you guys should really check out some of the circuits in Ireland. Short but challenging so would be easier to make for GP Bikes

matty0l215

Quote from: Harrytmj66 on January 14, 2015, 07:23:56 AM
I know everyone would love the Isle Of Man circuit but you guys should really check out some of the circuits in Ireland. Short but challenging so would be easier to make for GP Bikes

This is very true  :)

I know its not in Ireland, but i would love to see Olivers Mount in gp bikes