• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:24:52 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Public Road map ?

Started by Eagle, December 16, 2014, 07:37:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

doubledragoncc

Here you go H.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oyx9fh75cqxupj/DE.rar?dl=0

Sorry it took so long had 3 downloads going at the same time.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

h106frp

doubledragoncc

Anything else you might want H?  3D, photo, 2D etc

DD

Grooveski

February 02, 2015, 07:18:09 AM #79 Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 07:19:51 AM by Grooveski
Quote from: h106frp on February 02, 2015, 12:04:24 AM
Just trying to get to grips with gimp as my old graphic software is ancient, had a play with bridge 2 but i cannot seem to get it to scale to the UV. Stairs on UV seems steep compared to photo. Do you have a link to a viewer app that can load the part model and skin?

See tip 2.  ;)

Don't waste time making the image fit the template.  Instead use the template to roughly lay out the parts on the canvas and send me a copy of 'what you want the skin to be'.  I'll adjust the UV to fit the image.
That's a great base image.  I'll use it to stretch the bridge to the right size(wont affect the UV).
...then add the box section trellis to give it more substance.  Adding the extra steelwork will be a doddle with the skin already on the model.

Grooveski@hotmail.co.uk

h106frp

Quote from: doubledragoncc on February 02, 2015, 01:12:30 AM
Anything else you might want H?  3D, photo, 2D etc

DD

No, fine for now thanks, just need to practice doing this stuff again - found clone brush so happy for now ;
Had a quick look at the program you provided, think it will take a bit of working out ???

@Grooveski,
I think i see how you would like to work this now, I'll pull out the last bits of bridge 2 and finish cleaning them up, looking forward to getting some nice elevations of the other structures and hopefully some of the more obvious feature trees.

Grooveski

February 02, 2015, 07:19:35 PM #81 Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 07:30:18 PM by Grooveski
So you've a better idea what goes on at this end:

I knock up a rough model and ask the software to make a new UV map.  It dismantles the model and lays all the parts out in it's UV Texture window.

I can then move or scale these parts how-ever I like.  Can drag individual points around and stack parts on top of each other.
....like Bridge2.  All four of the sides in the stair sections are essentially the same so rather than have 4 little views of it in the skin we stack the parts and map the same section of the UVmap to all 4 parts of the model.  The image resolution of everything being higher because we've less parts to fit onto the map.
So the sides can be stacked, the main span sides too, and the stairs, decks, etc...

Now I export the UVmap as a UV template and give it to you.  If you deform images to squeeze them into bits of template they'll go into the game and the game will just deform them back out again.  It's probably not going to be very noticable if it's just a tiny amount but it's not doing any good and is a bit pointless, more work for you and anyone who may want to change things later.
Better for you to lay the parts roughly into place on the template and send it back saying "adjust UV".  I'll then load what you've sent into the background of the UV window and drag the parts and points around until the UVmap fits the skin.

Example with the timing box template loaded as a background image.

When I line up all the parts the model will be wearing the skin like a glove and no images will have been deformed along the way.
If you see a better way of arranging things so you can use a slightly higher resolution part image feel free but bear in mind there might be more going in there.  In this case we'll need a rectangle for the paint colour, a fair sized area for the bridge height sign and if nuovaic happens to be there and see any wee signs we'll add them too.  As I'm adding parts to the model I'll be adding the new surfaces to the existing UV map.
Having the bridge already skinned will mean I'll be able to get the new parts lined up well - should work a treat.  :)

BOBR6 84

Are you guys actually building Olivers mount?

h106frp

Hopefully as a first attempt at a bit of a joint effort, it's not too long a track (1/20th of the IOM ;))so every chance to get a road course finished to a suitably high standard and hopefully try some of the graphics engine features recently discussed.

Biggest tasks so far are Grooveski an nuovaic for the model and source artwork photos, volunteers welcome!

For a well established track i have not found much in the way of usable stock photos so far as you really need what would be considered a bit dull for a photo, something more along the line of architects elevations.

BOBR6 84

Great news! Good luck guys.
Obviously loads of pics on the web but might be worth checking out the pics from the trackside photographers too if you need close-up shots..
I think the club for olivers mount is ''Auto66 road racing club''.. So should be some pics on the website..

h106frp

Managed to get GPL loaded up and tried the olivers mount track, its fun and very well done with all the scenic details, but does feel very 'flat' the road has no camber anywhere and feels quite unnatural for what is meant to be a 'road'. Hedge lines likewise - vertical edges and no feeling of the natural variations you get on a road. Still it is an old engine.

To make this track really work i think the road surface profile and immediate roadside scenery will need a bit of work to convince the rider this really is a typical public highway most of the time.

I will play a bit more to get a feel for it,  still working on keeping the car in a straight line :) - would be a lot more fun on 2 wheels...

Eagle

I don't complain of the new stuff in preparation, but i think i have been misunderstood for the subject. :s

By public road i meant, outside tracks, kind of a (little) open world like test drive unlimited but with another places. Exemple: the mulholand road, that is a public road and not a track. Just wanted to precise.

Now, i stop disturbing, good luck for these maps. :)

doubledragoncc

I know exactly what you mean SAS. I love the open world of TDU2 with both islands to ride. I know both in real life and its cool to ride them but graphics and physics suck especially no clutch for bikes!!!! Now the server is down, typical thieves Atari are making you pay for something then removing it!!!!WTF!!!!

Well I hope that someone will try something like the Black Forrest or the Cote d'Azore sometime too.

But some small public race courses like Olivers Mount are cool too.

DD

Eagle

>DD

I haven't talked about the gameplay, and the map was an example of the type of roads i meant. xd (and yea the clutch exist on bikes in tdu1, i putted the clutch on a key, and i stall 2 or 3 times before having enough speed for the gaz :\)

The black forest and mulholland road are 2 perfect examples. Some are doing fun ride IRL with any kind of bikes on snaky roads, it would be cool to find that here too. *q*

Grooveski

Can you do hill climbs in GPB?
i.e. can you have separate start and finish lines.

Just curious. :)