• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:20:45 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Public Road map ?

Started by Eagle, December 16, 2014, 07:37:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: matty0l215 on January 14, 2015, 06:35:59 PM
Quote from: Harrytmj66 on January 14, 2015, 07:23:56 AM
I know everyone would love the Isle Of Man circuit but you guys should really check out some of the circuits in Ireland. Short but challenging so would be easier to make for GP Bikes

This is very true  :)

I know its not in Ireland, but i would love to see Olivers Mount in gp bikes

+1

Classic road circuit with plenty of history too.  ;D

Hawk.

Harrytmj66

+2 for Olivers Mount. Recently been a documentary on BBC where "Comedian" Vic Reeves took Barry Sheenes championship winning Suzuki for a lap of Olivers Mount. Lovely circuit, i should really try and get over there some time it's not too far from me

nuovaic

+3
Cowton at Scarborough, hedge trimming :o

Toomes1

Quote from: nuovaic on January 15, 2015, 09:03:09 AM
+3
Cowton at Scarborough, hedge trimming :o

That's cool but crazy

Eagle

Do that and you migh stuck your head in the vines + make your bike slip outside of the road. xDDDDD

JJS209

u need balls and an iron will!

doubledragoncc

or is it iron balls and a will for the kids???????

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

BOBR6 84

January 25, 2015, 04:10:25 PM #37 Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 04:21:22 PM by BOBR6 84
lol!!

notice the Maxton suspension! the way forward on the roads..  ;) (be amazing to be able to swap out suspension types in GPB.. off topic  :-[)

some crazy sections at olivers mount.. great circuit!! and... +4 for this track  ;D im not 100% confident GPB could handle it though  :D picture what happens on the mountain at cadwell park in GPB.. olivers mount is full of that lol

https://www.youtube.com/v/u58zo4V_ktI

Grooveski

January 29, 2015, 02:32:22 AM #38 Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 02:47:03 AM by Grooveski
Hi guys,

I've got an Oliver's Mount project on the go that you're welcome to when it's done. 
It's rough still(only at the first spin stage) but apart from the elevations through the first hairpin and Sheene's Rise(first pic) it's looking alright.  Plan layout is good(I had landline data and a lad checked some road widths for me with a tapemeasure) but the elevations were just done with a contour image overlay and watching on-boards.  I expected them to need a bit more work and they do.
Am done with the loft.  Wanted to switch over to LW and it's close enough to tweak in point mode.
Will be getting some subpatching over the jumps.  For GP Bikes would probably be as well doing the whole play area.  I've been working to lower poly limits.

Have started making up tso's as well but the track is so low priority - always have half a dozen other models that need work and barely ever get to open this one.  If someone fancied lending a hand I'd be open to teaming up to see it finished.  :)

The contour model is a recent find, wish I'd had it ages ago.  Still - will be handy for fine-tuning the landscape, the google earth model is a bit basic.

P.S.  Also have numerous other folders kicking about if anyone's looking for track models to play with.  GP500 has the same issues with being sensitive to low-poly sections where there are elevation changes so I've been doing the same kind of work on conversions as you guys - smoothing the play areas, welding up gaps and making the edges and kerbs more bike-friendly.
A few heavily revamped tracks as well(Philip Island, Kockhill and Oulton Park).

h106frp

Brilliant, will you be exploring any of the advanced graphic options as discussed in the other thread with this track? It would to be a good candidate for higher detail with the hedges, trees, fences etc etc all being so close to the trackside. With most  tracks the areas immediate to the track edge are normally devoid of anything that would be worth detailing.

Maybe even find some space for a small flower border lit with some lens flare ;) and casting real time shadows - you need to have followed the other thread for this one  ;D lol.

doubledragoncc

Hey H are you by any chance takin the mickey outta my lens flares and flower beds lol. As long as the sun gets to me flowers shadows are okay too.

Great work there Grooveski. We were discussing track detail inanother thread as H pointed out and I think it would help you track builders if we the general dumb non modding lot helped by working on the 2D graphics to take off some of the workload. So if you had like a folder with tga, png, jpg files for trackside detail we could download and then work on, you could use what you wanted from the uploaded worked on files????

Was just a thought to help you track modders out and give those of us who cant do the 3D work a chance to put some help in. I myself would really like to make tracks but dont have that much time. I do have time for simpler 2D stuff though.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

HornetMaX

A long time ago I was about to do some lens flares stuff via a plugin: Juju (Juju we miss you !!) proposed it to me but, honestly, I wasn't super-convinced.

MaX.

doubledragoncc

What actually happened with Juju man he was so cool?

DD

HornetMaX

Quote from: doubledragoncc on January 29, 2015, 07:48:31 PM
What actually happened with Juju man he was so cool?
He got a bit pissed off by the fact GPB didn't evolve as it could.

Not saying he was right or wrong, he just decided to drop GPB. Bad.

MaX.

BOBR6 84

I started playing GPB when it was beta3. My jaw hit the floor when Juju released the suzuki GSV-R.. real good stuff, I hope he carries on again..