• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:38:13 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Where are you going my beautiful bike ...

Started by Blackheart, January 12, 2015, 03:55:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 14, 2015, 12:18:11 PM
Is the "tyre self aligning moment" something that can be altered in the bike physics files, or is that something in the core programme physics modules that would have to be altered? It would indeed be good to just have a test for this like you said.
It can be altered in the .tyre files. You'd need to know a bit about the "Magic Formula" model and use my MaxTyre tool.

Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 14, 2015, 12:18:11 PM
What about the tyre model being used, Max...... Do you think that is okay for a high performance race bike simulation, or do you think a more detailed tyre model would give more feel, feedback, and different grip/feel characteristics to the rider than is present? Maybe it would also help with more controllable rear wheel steering if a more detailed tyre model was implemented? What are your thoughts on that?
The model itself is likely to be more than what we need. Of course, bugs can always hide here or there.

I've just bumped that (not sure it's a major issue, but who knows ...): http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=1922.msg25792#msg25792

MaX.

doubledragoncc

I think that the way Hawk said that the track surface is effecting the handling and therefore tracks should be made smoother to work in GPB is so wrong, no offence to you on that Hawk, what I mean is it is wrong to change a track from its real life state from a car sim so that it works in GPB because the GPB physics are wrong!!!!! If the bikes can NOT handle the track surface like in real life then the physics are wrong!!!! You dont change a track surface in real life just because bikes are racing on it!!!!!!!!!!!!

With all the talk about the handling being so real, has anyone stepped back and really looked at it? It get better in some respects but in more it gets worse, thats not how it usually is, you dont rebuild something and make it worse???????????

I might get shot for it but I am sorry, from the simple fact of setting a bike up, getting on it and riding and having fun the Alpha7 had more going for it in the stability issue. Why was the physics on that model made worse and not better? It could handle the cambers better, but if pushed it crashed, but it was stable.

All I am saying is you cant fix the bikes handling by flatening the track!!!!!!! Its wrong.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

January 14, 2015, 02:22:32 PM #17 Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 03:18:34 PM by Hawk_UK
Quote from: doubledragoncc on January 14, 2015, 01:54:43 PM
I think that the way Hawk said that the track surface is effecting the handling and therefore tracks should be made smoother to work in GPB is so wrong, no offence to you on that Hawk, what I mean is it is wrong to change a track from its real life state from a car sim so that it works in GPB because the GPB physics are wrong!!!!! If the bikes can NOT handle the track surface like in real life then the physics are wrong!!!! You dont change a track surface in real life just because bikes are racing on it!!!!!!!!!!!!

With all the talk about the handling being so real, has anyone stepped back and really looked at it? It get better in some respects but in more it gets worse, thats not how it usually is, you dont rebuild something and make it worse???????????

I might get shot for it but I am sorry, from the simple fact of setting a bike up, getting on it and riding and having fun the Alpha7 had more going for it in the stability issue. Why was the physics on that model made worse and not better? It could handle the cambers better, but if pushed it crashed, but it was stable.

All I am saying is you cant fix the bikes handling by flatening the track!!!!!!! Its wrong.

DD

Hi DD.

Lol..... Who said anything about flattening track surfaces? And also who said that the tracks made for cars are same as real life?
It goes without saying that a car can handle any poorly created track surfaces much better than a motorcycle ever could simply because a car by it's very nature is inherently a lot more stable on four wheels than a bike with two wheels relying on a small patch of rubber to keep it upright.

But no. I absolutely agree with you that track surfaces should be made as close as possible, with the tools/data available, to the real-life track surface(bumps/undulations/cambers and all).  :)

When I rebuild track surfaces I am not smoothing anything out at all. I know it may seem that way because they ride so much better than before, but no, I don't believe in smoothing track surfaces.

Hawk.
PS: No worries about getting shot by me. I welcome straight talking.  ;)

Edit: I think I can see why you thought I was advocating smoothing track surfaces after reading through my post again just now.

Basically when I talked about GPB being sensitive to changes in track surface bumps heights and cambers, what I was trying to point out was the poorly modelled tracks that have those things in the track surface. If you apply a bump or undulation into a track surface then it needs to have a denser poly mesh at that point otherwise the collision model will treat that bump as though you were riding over a sharp ridge in the road and will more than likely kick you off the bike(ring any bells on some tracks we use??) or the very least bump your tyres off the road surface(even if only by very little amount) while cornering and you'll  get one of those WTF moments. These are the sort of track surface issues that I try to solve when rebuilding track surfaces. I keep the bumps, but make the bumps into genuine road surface bumps, not models that represent a bump as a sharp ridge in the road that acts more like a speed-bump than a genuine road surface bump.
With a car sim it doesn't really affect it so much, but for a bike sim it will kick you down the road just as it would in real-life(if the bumps were as acute as I have seen modelled.) Lol.

Basically, what I'm saying is that you don't get bumps in real-life such as are modelled in a lot of these tracks that have been converted from obviously some of these car racing sim track surfaces(bumps that are 4 inches in height peaking at a shear knife edge point for example).  :)

Vini

If there is one thing I hate about GP Bikes, it's the damn self-riding bike.

Hawk

Quote from: vin97 on January 14, 2015, 03:22:12 PM
If there is one thing I hate about GP Bikes, it's the damn self-riding bike.

Very true!

Sorry for going off topic above, but comments do have a habit of branching out.

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

me too, sorry guys

damn you Hawk its all your fault bro lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

doubledragoncc

Oh I got a good video for this thread just gotta get it here brb

DD

doubledragoncc

January 14, 2015, 09:28:04 PM #23 Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 09:47:32 PM by doubledragoncc
Okay no explain the physics in GPB that allow this please. And no I have not been training my bike to do tricks lol. Best in 1080
p btw

https://www.youtube.com/v/bbnL8GXPQes

So am I to understand that its the track surface doing that???????????

I think it has a wee bit to do with physics

DD

Hawk

I had a riderless bike today in the STK1000 champs... It must have cost me a good 45 seconds before I could finally get back on it.  >:(

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

Thats a bummer dude sorry to hear it

It needs to be sorted quickly it ruins the whole thing.

DD

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on January 14, 2015, 09:49:11 PM
Thats a bummer dude sorry to hear it

It needs to be sorted quickly it ruins the whole thing.

DD

Thanks DD. Yeah.... I think after this and the core.exe I had tonight during the race I think the word I was looking for is "Soul Destroying" after putting in so much practice beforehand, you know.

Anyway, in the end it didn't make much difference as we are experiencing a windy storm right now and my window blew open during the race and I had to get up and shut it to save the blinds being sucked out of the window and wrecked...... That cost me 45 seconds or so. So by the time I re-entered the race I was a lap behind the leaders and well out of my groove.....  What a night I've had! Lol

I think someone up there doesn't like me tonight. Hehe.

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

Yeah I saw the results on FB by the Italians. If you saw my video I know what you mean, bike goes down and me with it, then the bastard stands up and carries on WTF??? lol. Had to show it.

DD

h106frp

In the dll plugin template is;

int m_iCrashed; /* 1 = rider is detached from bike */

So if the game knows the rider is off the bike as per the field description then surely an option can be added for racing  to place a limit of perhaps 10 seconds as the maximum time before the bike resets to the edge of the track, or 5 seconds before it falls over from free wheeling.

doubledragoncc