• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Turn on gamepad rumble

Started by Demitsuri, January 23, 2015, 12:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demitsuri

Dear community.

I am start using my Dual Shock 4 gamepad in the game, with ds4tool utilite.

With those tool, i made ds4 looks like xbox 360 controller, everything works fine in gp-bikes, but rumble still didnt work in game.

Is it possible to make vibration on the gamepad?

Thank you.

BOBR6 84

I think Klax75 managed to get some rumble/vibration using a certain program/controller..

not sure GPBikes has any rumble included in the sim though?

Hawk

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on January 24, 2015, 10:38:54 AM
I think Klax75 managed to get some rumble/vibration using a certain program/controller..

not sure GPBikes has any rumble included in the sim though?

Yes.... He installed a utility that allowed him to have rumble/vibration(not sure what it's called), but I'm pretty sure he's not using it now with his new Xbox1 controller(maybe not compatible?)??

Demitsuri. It would be a good idea to send "Klax75" a personal message via this forum if Klax doesn't see this and reply to you, I'm sure he'd be happy to advise you about this subject.  ;)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

GPB has no rumble. The thing Klax uses takes the force feedback signal and converts it into a rumble signal.

MaX.

Klax75

Sorry must have turned off my computer before I hit send last night. lol. I was tired. When I was using my X-Box 360 controller using XBCD I was able to get a rumple to work with GP Bikes. I'm not really sure what I did different since I had used XBCD for years, so I could play iRacing.com since they didn't have a native controller support then. Took me a little while to get the triggers to separate, and things going with iRacing. So when I start playing GP Bikes, I had the controller already set up for a couple years, and I didn't even know that no one else was feeling the force feedback as a rumble. Since I felt it from the first time I was playing. First used XBCD for Live For Speed again to separate the triggers back in 2006. Then in 2012 iRacing for the same reason. I don't think XBCD has been updated for a while and it doesn't seem to work with XB1 controller. I'm using the XB1 now since my shoulder buttons on my XB360 controller have been acting up. I don't have XBCD installed right now since using the XB1 controller.

What it did do for the XB360 controller, was the control would vibrate a little when going straight, when you turned the controller would vibrate more. If the front tired lifted up then slam back down the controller would give a big vibrate bump feeling of hitting the ground. It was nice, since I had that from day one with GP Bikes. It added a little to the sim, if the front wheel was shaking more the controller would vibrate more. But since moving to the XB1 controller I don't have that, and it's been several months now with the new controller. I miss the shoulder buttons of the XB360 controller, compared to the XB1 controller. :/

girlracerTracey

Have you tried this fix Klax?

It's a personal thing but I'm still using my xbox 360 Scuf "hybrid" in preference to my xbox one controller.

https://www.youtube.com/v/_t5TL2Kn9SY

Take care m8.

grT  :)

Demitsuri

Thank you! I think you can try use your xbox1 controller, and xbox 360 gamepad emulator + XBCD, may be it will helps you. Because last time im plaing with DS4 gamepad (PS 4) with xbox 360 gamepad emulator, and all was great, except rumble, will try with XBCD.

Thank you!

Quote from: Klax75 on January 25, 2015, 12:29:33 PM
Sorry must have turned off my computer before I hit send last night. lol. I was tired. When I was using my X-Box 360 controller using XBCD I was able to get a rumple to work with GP Bikes. I'm not really sure what I did different since I had used XBCD for years, so I could play iRacing.com since they didn't have a native controller support then. Took me a little while to get the triggers to separate, and things going with iRacing. So when I start playing GP Bikes, I had the controller already set up for a couple years, and I didn't even know that no one else was feeling the force feedback as a rumble. Since I felt it from the first time I was playing. First used XBCD for Live For Speed again to separate the triggers back in 2006. Then in 2012 iRacing for the same reason. I don't think XBCD has been updated for a while and it doesn't seem to work with XB1 controller. I'm using the XB1 now since my shoulder buttons on my XB360 controller have been acting up. I don't have XBCD installed right now since using the XB1 controller.

What it did do for the XB360 controller, was the control would vibrate a little when going straight, when you turned the controller would vibrate more. If the front tired lifted up then slam back down the controller would give a big vibrate bump feeling of hitting the ground. It was nice, since I had that from day one with GP Bikes. It added a little to the sim, if the front wheel was shaking more the controller would vibrate more. But since moving to the XB1 controller I don't have that, and it's been several months now with the new controller. I miss the shoulder buttons of the XB360 controller, compared to the XB1 controller. :/

Demitsuri

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=165238623

Here is the solution to make on RUmble on Xinput devices

The problem
Euro Truck Simulator 2 has force feedback support, but it simply is not working for many people (myself included).

I suspect the developers have chosen to do force feedback with the DirectInput method that was used up to DirectX9, rather than using the newer XInput introduced with Vista/DirectX 10+.

The two methods are not compatible, so if you use an XInput/DirectX10 controller like the Xbox360 controller, there is no force feedback while playing ETS2.
Download the software
Fortunately a Japanese coder named 'Masahiko Morii' has created a library that seemlessly maps DirectInput to XInput.

Go to http://lavendy.net/special/driver/xi/index.html and download the proper version for your system.
Backup link: http://ledyba.org/bkup/xbox360driver/xi/

If you run a 32-bit version of Windows 7, get xi.win7.x86.en.zip for Windows 7 (English)
If you run a 64-bit version of Windows 7, get xi.win7.x64.en.zip for 64-bit Windows 7 (English)

Ditto for Windows Vista and older Windows versions.

For Windows 8.1 64bit, download the Windows 7 64-bit driver and right-click the installer for compatibility mode.

You can find out what kind of windows you have by doing the following:

1. Open System by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking System.
2. Under System, you can view the system type.

Make sure you download the english version. The installer is a simple click, it will install itself in the system and you need to take no further action.
Enable Force Feedback in the game
In the game, go the main menu with ESCAPE.
Click the OPTIONS button
Go to the CONTROLLER page.
Make sure the 'Force Feedback' button is checked.

Optionally, you can control the intensity by using the sliders below it.

You should notice it specifically when driving on non-paved roads, but depending on how sensitive the settings are, you can even notice when your truck passes over lines on the road by a slight rumble. Crashes also result in the controller shaking.
Other games
Since the driver is a system wide translation of DirectInput to XInput, installing it will also enable force feedback for other games using the older libraries.
Other controllers
I own a wired Xbox360 controller which works, and I've been told it also works for a wireless one.

It will NOT work for most other controllers, even the ones that claim to be 100% compatible.

For the XBone controller, see this guide.