Author Topic: Steering rig start  (Read 8927 times)

h106frp

• View Profile
Re: Steering rig start
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2015, 09:12:23 PM »
Thanks for the link, i will see if they have any good ideas.

Semi conductor silicon gauges have been around a long time and can be used the same way as conventional foil gauges but with much higher outputs.

http://www.kulite.com/products.asp?p=4-0 look at bottom link

Bare gauges for adhesive mounting from;

http://www.appmeas.co.uk/index.html

which are a UK company.

I have considered the simple force sensors again as the forces are much lower in this application method, they are the same diameter as the master cylinder housing and after a bit of reading up the output can be reasonably linearized with an external op-amp. The sensor could be placed in the bottom of the master cylinder bore and loaded in a similar way with a simple soft faced 'plug'. Could be a very simple option to explore in the future.

Small general progress update; the steer axis to motor mounting plate is now finished and includes a steering lock limit. Most of my spare time has been spent implementing 2 I2C DACS into my microcontroller for controlling the servo demand and cleaning up my host PC software for better function testing. Next task is a bit of electronics for level shifting the DAC signals to suitable voltages (0 to +5 to +-10volt)  for the servo controller and i am going to try the conductive paint method to modify the sweep of my feedback potentiometers to the correct angles.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 10:04:48 PM by h106frp »

doubledragoncc

• If it dont fit HIT it!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • GPBOC Live Streams
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2015, 01:08:25 AM »
Thanks for the Links. I need a 3 wire sensor for analog on my boards, +, - and output, so some sensors are no good. I have to wait to get more money to get the different types to play with as I need all I have to start up just my basic systems first. 3D printing aint cheap to start lol.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls

Teamspeak: Server IP: 82.43.148.211  user password "yougetin"

i5 7600 5.0GHz z270 ASUS Maximus Code Mobo 16GB 3866MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix GTX1050Ti OC 4GB DDR5 Kraken X62 AIO Cooler

h106frp

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2015, 02:58:29 PM »
The simplest way to get a 3 wire output is just use another resistor in series with sensing resistor and use it as a voltage divider, just like a potentiometer. For my load sensor this would gives me about 40mV change from the mean value for a 5V supply.

More graceful to use a half bridge (as above) and an op-amp which allows gain and offset adjustment, simple and cheap :) and it is what i will do for the clutch and brake circuit to interface to leo's board.

h106frp

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2015, 10:43:26 PM »
Well, a bit of op-amp magic and i have a nice 0-5 volt output force sensitive brake and clutch without any messy hydraulics  :) One more step forward! Time to commit some of these circuit to veroboard - time to warm up the iron ;D

poumpouny

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2017, 08:47:52 AM »
Been reading whole 5 pages :o and just ask where is this project now ? i would love to see it in use !

Nicotine

• Nicotine
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2017, 06:04:40 AM »
Been reading whole 5 pages :o and just ask where is this project now ? i would love to see it in use !
i am Curious, please update the video when you play with your project
GP-Bikes Indonesia