• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:33:25 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Steering rig start

Started by h106frp, January 24, 2015, 11:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

h106frp

March 05, 2015, 09:12:23 PM #60 Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 10:04:48 PM by h106frp
Thanks for the link, i will see if they have any good ideas.

Semi conductor silicon gauges have been around a long time and can be used the same way as conventional foil gauges but with much higher outputs.

http://www.kulite.com/products.asp?p=4-0 look at bottom link

Bare gauges for adhesive mounting from;

http://www.appmeas.co.uk/index.html

which are a UK company.

I have considered the simple force sensors again as the forces are much lower in this application method, they are the same diameter as the master cylinder housing and after a bit of reading up the output can be reasonably linearized with an external op-amp. The sensor could be placed in the bottom of the master cylinder bore and loaded in a similar way with a simple soft faced 'plug'. Could be a very simple option to explore in the future.

Small general progress update; the steer axis to motor mounting plate is now finished and includes a steering lock limit. Most of my spare time has been spent implementing 2 I2C DACS into my microcontroller for controlling the servo demand and cleaning up my host PC software for better function testing. Next task is a bit of electronics for level shifting the DAC signals to suitable voltages (0 to +5 to +-10volt)  for the servo controller and i am going to try the conductive paint method to modify the sweep of my feedback potentiometers to the correct angles.

doubledragoncc

Thanks for the Links. I need a 3 wire sensor for analog on my boards, +, - and output, so some sensors are no good. I have to wait to get more money to get the different types to play with as I need all I have to start up just my basic systems first. 3D printing aint cheap to start lol.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

h106frp

The simplest way to get a 3 wire output is just use another resistor in series with sensing resistor and use it as a voltage divider, just like a potentiometer. For my load sensor this would gives me about 40mV change from the mean value for a 5V supply.

More graceful to use a half bridge (as above) and an op-amp which allows gain and offset adjustment, simple and cheap :) and it is what i will do for the clutch and brake circuit to interface to leo's board.

h106frp

Well, a bit of op-amp magic and i have a nice 0-5 volt output force sensitive brake and clutch without any messy hydraulics  :) One more step forward! Time to commit some of these circuit to veroboard - time to warm up the iron ;D

poumpouny

Been reading whole 5 pages :o and just ask where is this project now ? i would love to see it in use !

Nicotine

Quote from: poumpouny on June 16, 2017, 08:47:52 AM
Been reading whole 5 pages :o and just ask where is this project now ? i would love to see it in use !
i am Curious, please update the video when you play with your project
GP-Bikes Indonesia