• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:30:11 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

*** Motorcycle-Video-Thread ***

Started by JJS209, January 29, 2015, 09:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdouardB

March 16, 2015, 10:30:20 AM #16 Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 10:33:05 AM by EdouardB
Not as fast as Marquez for sure, but here is my first trackday of the year after a 4 month break.

The track surface was quite cold so it was difficult getting a lot of heat in the tyres so I'm looking forward to faster laps when it gets warmer!

There are a few things I'm unhappy with in the video (some lines are not ideal) but at least I know what to correct next time!
https://www.youtube.com/v/npv5pN48OZE

BOBR6 84

Nice one good stuff!!  ;) circuit looks like alot of fun  8) At least you have sunshine.. my first race of the season this weekend and its cold and wet  :-\ meh..

EdouardB

The circuit is much tighter than what I'm used to (I usually ride GP sized tracks) but it's quite fun and really close to Paris so it's practical for me. I can even work in the morning and only take my afternoon off to ride!
Also what I like about this track is that there are not many people in the week and you have access to the track as much as you want for 3 hours (no sessions or anything) so it's really good for practice (you can do a 30/35 min session for fitness if you want for example)

EdouardB

Also good luck for your race Bob! Don't worry about the wet too much, the track will be the same for everyone ;)

BOBR6 84

Wow that's great with no sessions.. its rare over here. open pitlane is the best way, more relaxed!

Thanks man  ;) its been 8 months already since i last rode any bike  :o last year i destroyed my bike and missed the last 2 rounds  >:(
oh well lol see how it goes..  ;D

EdouardB

I've had 6 month breaks in the past and to be honest I thought I didn't know how to ride a motorcycle anymore. Then you get on the bike and after 2 laps your knee is on the ground, so don't worry too much.
It does take a few sessions to get to your usual lap times though.

About the no sessions thing, it's good as long as there is a limited number of novice riders that day. But usually on this track during the week at least 60 or 70% of the guys are racers and the others are trackday regulars, maybe only 3 complete novices.

BOBR6 84

This is where im racing this wkend.. Epic track!!! (cough) ::) ;D

https://www.youtube.com/v/fqF3VPTqAhk

to be fair its always a crazy race.. difficult to overtake, its a fast track but no fast corners..

EdouardB

Great video but this track is really really strange  :o it's hard to make a difference with the other riders on this kind of track. It doesn't even look like a proper racetrack  ;D

BOBR6 84

Lol!! Yeah I know its a weird track hahaha. Its so difficult to pass.. You have to make a good start!
If not then you have to try and out brake people at the end of the straight or a cheeky block pass in the hairpin  :D

The race in the video is the peak cup.. Most of those guys race on the roads too!

JJS209

JJS209

h106frp

Love the audio in the Darley Moor video - that what GPB on bike should sound like, good intake roar when the engines loading up and then screaming at speed. 8)

JJS209

JJS209