• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

OldSchool is too Old

Started by PeterV, February 01, 2015, 03:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warlock

I understand you Peter, i've been also away of tracks from sometime ago. I keep reading the forum, but using my free time in other things.
Im also waiting for fixes to gpb. Hope this will be soon and we can meet on the tarmac again.
I really miss our mitical battles with you, Nuovaic, Stout, Jamoz and a few more out there.....

LOL Jamoz that was a funny one hahaha

Alone

Sad news, understandable but sad.
Hope we can run without problems in the future.

See you and THANKS for all mate.  :)

Boerenlater

Too bad. I did enjoy the races you organised. I hope you'll be back later.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

cdx

Hi PeterV,

A suggestion, if I may. If you find beta 6c to be very wrong, then that would be the perfect time to give Direct Steering with Torque a go, if you haven't already.

Going slowly, not worrying about lap times and trying just not to fall can be very fun, too :) (well, maybe except on Victoria - facing the wall at the start is just evil)

Hawk

Quote from: cdx on February 04, 2015, 03:24:34 AM
Hi PeterV,

A suggestion, if I may. If you find beta 6c to be very wrong, then that would be the perfect time to give Direct Steering with Torque a go, if you haven't already.

Going slowly, not worrying about lap times and trying just not to fall can be very fun, too :) (well, maybe except on Victoria - facing the wall at the start is just evil)

I presume your talking about starting off in the pit garage at Victoria and having to make that sharp turn to get onto the pit lane? Best thing to do when using DST in those circumstances is to literally walk you bike out onto the pit-lane before trying to start-off.  (Walk the bike using the "K" and "I" keys I believe.);)

Was it you I saw on the start grid(White and green bike colours) in the Moto3 Champ replay who looked like they were using DST to start and wobbled and crashed at the start line? I remember seeing this in the replay and thinking that I'm sure that is another rider using DST, same as Klax, because the start is the hardest thing to do with DST by the look of it.

Hawk.

cdx

I've tried K and I. The rider walked the bike a quarter circle turning left, I'd release the button and he would keep walking another quarter circle without any input from me. So I'd still end up in the wrong direction. I guess I needed to tap "I" instead of keeping it pressed, I must have done it wrong since nobody else has complained. Also, getting the hang of starting with a turn is frustrating but fun :)

It wasn't me in the Moto 3 since I haven't taken part. Somebody else having fun with DST.

And back to the thread's topic... if beta 6 has something that bugs you, maybe learning to use DST might be a fun distraction until beta 7? :) It certainly gives a whole different feel to riding.

PeterV

Quote from: cdx on February 04, 2015, 04:09:23 PM
And back to the thread's topic... if beta 6 has something that bugs you, maybe learning to use DST might be a fun distraction until beta 7? :) It certainly gives a whole different feel to riding.
I tried it a couple of times with DST, like Klax does it, and i really take my hat off to him.
It is not my kind of "fun"

I really like what im doing now with Iracing and Assetto Corsa.

And looking at the file structure and naming in Iracing, i see some familiarities with GPB  ;)

BOBR6 84

It sucks that 4 wheel games/sims always take priority.. Makes me furious!!

Gaming bandwagon..  ::)

Milestone games are showing more ''passion'' for bikes at the moment!  ::) :-X

Super Taranta !

Come on dude come on. I really miss 500cc Races. Oh my god those new tournaments are really boring. I'm not racing on 2 of them though... Tournament is not well planned I think. Also if there is a tournament, I think people need to do another ''daily races'' that everybody can participate. If not daily, weekly. Come on guys GpBikes is better when we ride together !
SuperTaranta #83

doubledragoncc

BOBPPPPPP why do you think I am trying my best to add to the biking scene man??? You say its not to do with the controls but thats just your thoughts. How many like me HATE the fact there are no controls like car racing sims and games, the controller MAKES the sim/game come to life.

If I get to the point I am trying I will frickin give you a controller to prove you wrong. In order for bike gaming to catch up to car sims and games you need a controller to do it right and have MORE control over the bike. Its not about preference its about physics and how the brain works, its about a NATURAL control system as in cars.

Have you ever tried riding in an old school race with real controls its just wicked dude!!!!!!!!!!!

You cant substitute the twist of a throttle with a gamepad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

BOBR6 84

Hey DD

My comment above needs deleting lol.
Opinions can change.. Last week was a blast doing the wss600 hotlap event  8) really enjoyed it..

My opinion on controllers stays the same because iv never tried anything other than a pad! Im sure you are right DD I can imagine the bars and controls feel great!!
I like using a pad though lol. Iv never been put off a bike game because of a pad.. I like to sit in comfort and just play... Im only speaking for myself!

I still admire and respect what you guys are doing though dont get me wrong!

BOBR6 84

Its more of a visual thing for me.. I like to see the bike on the screen in front of me doing realistic things.

I guess other players like the extra imersion with handlebars etc.
Its great for that and for players that dont ride irl too!