• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 10:32:31 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Help me

Started by Roman93, February 03, 2015, 01:30:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roman93

Hello friends, I am new to this , I'm from Argentina I 'm looking for a standard controller , can someone recommend something ?
thank

WALKEN

Either a PS3 pad or Xbox360 pad will work. 
Help me, help you!

Hawk

Welcome Roman93.  ;)

I personally use a joystick because my joystick has a square movement(the xBox360 has a circular movement which can be a pain to get full lean on a bike if you assign the throttle and lean on one stick(which I do), but with a joystick I also have difficulty being able to operate other buttons assigns to different controls because my hand is totally fixed to moving the joystick itself and I hold the base of the joystick with my other hand so it's difficult for me to operate other control buttons around the base of the joystick.

I do believe that the new Xbox 1 joystick is a square movement(Maybe others could confirm?)

Proper Motorcycle Controllers are in the pipeline(DoubleDragon(DD) is planning and in the process of building and marketing a great motorcycle controller for simulations like GPB. Look up his thread here), but for now probably an Xbox360 controller if you already have one, or preferably an Xbox 1 controller for the square stick movement would be a better option for now.

Welcome aboard, and if you need any help just ask and I'm sure someone here will quickly point you in the right direction.  ;)

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

Hi Roman, welcome to GP BIkes forums. You can get an XBOX 360 controller to have a square action if you wish. I am afraid Argentina is a problem for my system and any that use real motorcycle or ANY automotive components due to your import laws. I had a customer there and can supply a system, I in fact redesigned my systems for this reason. You would have to purchase the bike parts in Argentina and fit them yourself. This is simple and comes with instructions, but I can by law not give a guarantee on a non finished product, still working on that one.

I thought it best to let you know right away. For some reason your trading laws prohibit any motor vehicle parts not sold IN Argentina are allowed to be imported and will be confiscated at customs.

Sorry. I am looking into this. I do mod gamepads and am working on wired foot controls for shift and rear brake too.

There is a thread for squaring the xbox controller here http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=1981.0

Best of luck and enjoy this great sim

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Quote from: ptrshpt on February 03, 2015, 11:06:14 AM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on February 03, 2015, 08:59:15 AM
I personally use a joystick because my joystick has a square movement(the xBox360 has a circular movement which can be a pain to get full lean on a bike if you assign the throttle and lean on one stick(which I do), but with a joystick I also have difficulty being able to operate other buttons assigns to different controls because my hand is totally fixed to moving the joystick itself and I hold the base of the joystick with my other hand so it's difficult for me to operate other control buttons around the base of the joystick.

I wonder how it is to use a joystick with one hand and an xbox controller with the other...

Lol.... Give it a try. I would be interested to know how you get on with that interesting test.  ;D

I'm so used to holding my joystick(no jokes please!! Hehe) that I haven't a hand free to use another controller.

Hawk.

HornetMaX

I do believe that the new Xbox 1 joystick is a square movement(Maybe others could confirm?)
They are almost square (much better than any other joypad), but this come at a price: each sticks "saturates" well before hitting the mechanical limit.
I have both a 360 pad and an XBone pad and I play with the 360: the saturation issue on the xbone is extremely annoying (and it's a pity, because the sticks are otherwise better, more precise, less deadzone). Some people complain about the xbone triggers (too soft, range a bit smaller).

Recently on the italian forum, people tested the thrustmaster GPX and it seems to be as good as the 360 pad if not slightly better (mostly due to the triggers, which seems to be both harder and with a longer throw).

MaX.

BOBR6 84

Quote from: Hawk_UK on February 03, 2015, 04:33:33 PM
Quote from: ptrshpt on February 03, 2015, 11:06:14 AM

I wonder how it is to use a joystick with one hand and an xbox controller with the other...

Lol.... Give it a try. I would be interested to know how you get on with that interesting test.  ;D

I'm so used to holding my joystick(no jokes please!! Hehe) that I haven't a hand free to use another controller.

Hawk.

Lol Multi-tasking at its best!!  :P ;D

Hawk

doubledragoncc

BOBP n Hawk get a room dudes lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Grooveski

February 07, 2015, 07:27:10 AM #9 Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 07:56:05 AM by Grooveski
Quote from: ptrshpt on February 03, 2015, 11:06:14 AMI wonder how it is to use a joystick with one hand and an xbox controller with the other...

That's the set up I've been using for years for GP500 and various other games(flight sims and the likes).
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nECwsUKFMc

For GPB I added the back brake to the left xpad trigger and the clutch to the back axis of the right xpad thumbstick. 
Have clutch assist switched on for gear changes and am only using the manual clutch for starting, with the front manual rider lean not working until 90mph that hand isn't doing anything at the start anyway so it's no bother to stretch my thumb over to the clutch for a few seconds.  If(hopefully) the rider lean is fixed in the future I'll be wanting to lean forward while slipping the clutch so will have to rejig things a little but for the moment the setup works fine.
...on bigger bikes.  When I briefly tried a moto3 bike I changed the clutch to the trigger and used the shoulder button above it for the back brake(which isn't analogue but I wasn't using the back much anyway).
Will probably end up using the second arrangement and adding a pedal for the brake but for now I'll stick with the first and practice on bikes that don't need their clutches slipped.

GPB wasn't picking up on both controllers when I first tried to set it up so I'm running UJR to merge them into a single virtual stick on id1.
http://z10.invisionfree.com/MotoGP500onlineForum/index.php?showtopic=1384

Took me the best part of a night to get all the axis set up nice but I was really impressed by the level of control there is built into the settings screen.   :)

doubledragoncc

Nice lil program that thanks G

DD

HornetMaX

Quote from: Grooveski on February 07, 2015, 07:27:10 AM
GPB wasn't picking up on both controllers when I first tried to set it up so I'm running UJR to merge them into a single virtual stick on id1.
http://z10.invisionfree.com/MotoGP500onlineForum/index.php?showtopic=1384
Uh, strange. It is supposed to work just fine. I just tried with my two pads and it works.

Did you calibrate (in GPB) both controllers ?

MaX.

Grooveski

Nope, hadn't run through them all.  Have done now and everything's working as it should do.  Cheers.  ;)