• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

A variation on a theme..

Started by girlracerTracey, February 06, 2015, 11:35:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

girlracerTracey

Just stumbled across this one on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/v/SVsRZNqyjW8

Thought it might be of some interest.

grT

matty0l215

Very impressive! Give that man a copy of GP Bikes!

Love the idea of the seat for movement and handlebar vibration
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

girlracerTracey

Quote from: matty0l215 on February 06, 2015, 11:51:41 AM
Very impressive! Give that man a copy of GP Bikes!

Love the idea of the seat for movement and handlebar vibration

I quite like it also but I suspect this particular conceptual approach might prove more popular with those amongst us who do not suffer from piles.. ;) On every forum there are inevitably sufferers..

As regards gpbikes I tend to suggest this, or at least mention it, to most of the guys I race against. I'll make that suggestion if I come up against this guy online again in the future.

grT  :)

matty0l215

I'd be interested on knowing how much the thing cost the build. Looks very expensive, that ducati dash alone is £400 worth :o
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

girlracerTracey

February 06, 2015, 02:52:14 PM #4 Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 02:54:21 PM by girlracerTracey
It's certainly impressive workmanship, particularly so for a first go at this sort of thing.

If I'm honest I cannot quite see the need for this on something like motogp14. I'm pretty sure that a scuf controller (with a rear mounted paddle for "tuck") would be much faster on a game like motogp14. I think a better application would be on something like gpbikes but he obviously likes the more authentic feel that he gets from this custom set-up on the mainstream game. It looks as though it works quite well. I'm just not sure if the pivoting handlebar wouldn't give you more precise control than steering literally by the seat of your pants.. I think you would have to try both approaches out to get a proper feel for this.

As for the ducati dash one can only guess why he used this. Must have had one lying around I suppose or got hold of a broken unit on the cheap. Who knows? It's a neat finishing touch though.

Main thing is the concept and the execution in this I feel. And the guy does seem to have done a really nice job based upon the video.

I am amazed by the ingenuity of you guys who are building these things. Respect to you all.

grT  :)   

h106frp

Very impressive, not sure i could get my head around the bars not moving though :o. Vibration motor is a neat idea and has been discussed in another thread.

Not sure the dash is actually powered up, it might just be a good model of the real thing.Still cool though 8)

Hawk

Very impressive!
A very interesting way to implement the steering too, although a DST handlebar system would have been preferred in my opinion, but still very impressive.

I do hope this guys gets into GPbikes and tests this with it; it will be interesting to see how he gets on with GPB.  ;D

Nice post Midge!  ;)

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

Yep that is expensive and he dose the same as I do for modding the controller so that it connects to a console as its the original gamepad for PS4 but the circuit board is rewired to the pots and switches/buttons. The seat idea is very good but as others said, the bars are not moving, that is so wrong. It is one of the best made systems shown though. Great work.

Thanks for the vid grT.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

h106frp

Hmm... steering control by your rear end.. waiting for the discussion on the merits of 'joypad' versus 'joystick'  ::)

doubledragoncc

H really surprised you would even mention joystick seat control lol, you might end up talking in a higher pitch lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

BOBR6 84

BOBR6 84

Lots of different setups but all let down by the on screen cockpit.. Looks stupid.

If I had a sit on rig with a nice bar/dash/screen setup I wouldnt want to see the bike on the Tv.. Same in gpbikes you cant hide the bike or cockpit. Puts me off.

h106frp

Helmet view is reasonable compromise and MaX helmet narrows the vertical view a bit further.

davidboda46

Is he steering it with his ass?

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

doubledragoncc

Yes David hes got "LOW END BOTTOM POWER" !!!

DD