• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 11:08:12 AM

Oliver's Mount

Started by Grooveski, February 06, 2015, 06:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOBR6 84

Good morning! Il be home in 2hrs il have a good look around..

BOBR6 84

Wow so far I cannot find anything lol  ::)

Seen a few pic's with the boards but all facing the wrong way.. Il keep searching, bound to be one somewhere lol.

Grooveski

No worries, was just on the offchance.   ;)

Thought I'd take the track model for a spin and see how things were looking:

The last pic - Farm Bends - is the bit that needs the most work still.  It won't be right until the main road is in place.  I should have probably modeled it that way then added the chicane.  Should all work out in the end though.

Other than that it's getting pretty close.  After the spin I smoothed a few bumps and I'll be having another look at the jumps section along with Farm, some of the new embankments still need a bit of a tweak but on the whole...
....yeah, getting there.  :)

This version was pretty low poly, no real embankment detail and no road camber.  Can knock out a test conversion for GP500 in minutes but still haven't tried GPB yet. That's maybe this weekend's reading.

GhostdogNL

hey man realy nice work and fast ! cant wait for it !!! ;D

doubledragoncc

Fantastic work man and dang quick. I am so sorry I dont have time to help at the mo, really wanted to but have to get the business running first. I will eventually MAKE time to get into this. Thanks for the hard work G

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Grooveski

Managed to drag myself away from the road model for an evening and got some more done to the TSOs.  Mostly arranging UVs but got to add a few new bits of skin too.   :D

h106frp, I'll upload you a model/template update pack tomorrow after I've unwrapped the last few buildings.

h106frp

I will keep an eye on my inbox  :)

Looking good so far and the skinned models look nicely proportioned. Love the control tower, hard to believe its just a flat sided box.

Be nice to take a break from wiring up my steer rig for a bit :D

Hawk

Nice job Grooveski!!  ;) 8)

Hawk.

Grooveski

March 20, 2015, 11:40:39 PM #53 Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 12:11:09 AM by Grooveski
Quote from: h106frp on March 18, 2015, 12:22:55 AM
I will keep an eye on my inbox  :)

Sorry h, should have just uploaded it the other night.  Still haven't had a chance to map the transmitter complex buildings yet but here's the model update as it stands.
There are a good few unknowns among the pit buildings.  We could really do with maybe an onboard of a bike leaving the pits to see what some of the buildings look like from that side.
Feel free to guess.  :)

If there's no template for something I've probably copied it onto the wip skin.

Planning another session or two still on the TSOs.  Will add the Sheene memorial, marshal posts and thon building up by the football fields(...and get everything mapped).
Some buildings will be getting extra model detail as well - rafter overhangs, gutters and drainpipes, etc.  That's why you'll see some gaps in the UV templates(like the transmitter tower where I've still got all sorts of aerials and dishes to add).

Oh, meant to say...
Don't add wire mesh to bridge 1 or 3.  I'll double skin those bits on the model and put on a repeating texture.
...and wait to do the support wires for the timing tower aerial.  The way I've modeled them isn't right, we can get better detail another way.

Grooveski

If ever there was a behind-the-scenes job it's poly reduction but as boring as it is it has to be done.
Didn't want to leave it to the end so that's the easy bit done.  Reducing the land part will involve more concentration(and less beer ::)).

About half way to target.

Grooveski

;D

Will go back up a few k when it's changed to tris...
....and I've been failing to count the 12k polys of the mount itself.  That'll get reduced in places but upped in others so likely won't change much overall.

But 120% of target is in the ballpark - another step nearly done.  :)  I'll go back over at some point and try to trim it down a little more.

BOBR6 84

Silky smooth..  8)

https://www.youtube.com/v/lDxvMX14MNk

Corner boards are clear in this one too..  ;)

Grooveski

March 26, 2015, 11:03:57 AM #57 Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 11:15:51 AM by Grooveski
Nice one Bob.  ;)
Yeah, that's the clearest view yet.  Only one I had that was slightly sharper was the one on bridge 3.

Y'know the Spring Cup races are in a couple of weeks, I might send the Auto66 Club an email with a short wish list of photos.  They'll have likely dealt with Jester back when that model was being built so probably know the score.
For all it'll be - snaps's of the boards, a couple of angles in the pit lane...
...and the dozen other things I think of between now and sending the email lol.

BOBR6 84

Nice one  :) yeah great idea! no reason why they should say no.. plenty of photographers up there  ;) good stuff Grooveski  8)

Grooveski

March 29, 2015, 09:42:18 PM #59 Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 10:48:34 PM by Grooveski
Been round again with that Dean Harrison onboard on the second monitor.  Lots of elevation tweaking(reworked about 70% of the track ::)) and have been over every bump and rise(mostly dropping them a bit - quite a few were still too exaggerated).
Once more round looking at edges and verges and I reckon that's the road done.  It's certainly close enough to fine tune the land to now.

Needed a low concentration job to do during the qualifying yesterday so poured a few polys into the cafe.

[Edit]
Just thought I'd stick this view up too - shows the tail end of the lap pretty well.

Have thought a few times that maybe I'd bitten off more than I could chew for a first build(kmracing99 has the right idea - start with an old airfield track ;)).  It's nice to see it with more right than wrong - that's only happened in the last couple of weeks.  :)