• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:43:57 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Oliver's Mount

Started by Grooveski, February 06, 2015, 06:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: Grooveski on April 19, 2016, 01:35:00 PM
There's scope for folk going over fences in places  :P , will need to add add quite a few bits of hillside to the col model that wouldn't be there normaly.
Invisible wall above the fence ?

Grooveski

Damn fine idea!   ;D

Or maybe allow them over (for the giggle factor) but have an invisible catchment area below....
You're onto something there.  Nice one Max!   ;)

HornetMaX

Not really mine :) I think somebody once used an invisible wall to prevent people from cutting a chicane (was it Enna or Monza ? can't remember).

matty0l215

There is one on the Old Snetterton track and one at croft. They are on quite a few tracks :P
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

doubledragoncc

That invisible wall at Monza hurts lol

I never cut on purpose so dont find many

DD   
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

janaucarre

I put invisible wall at monza,  and mosport,  for this last it was for stopping the bike without rider before 5minutes

Grooveski

Something like that.   :-\
Will be tweaked when the buildings go in and again for vegetation but that's the rough geometry laid out. :) Holding off on the temptation of punching the subdivide button until I see what's visible once all the clutter's in.

Napalm Nick

What you guys do there with your modelling amazes me, I don't have a clue about it and after loading up 3DS and fiddling about a bit and watching some tutorial I think "I'm too old for dat!".

Good on you guys  :)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Grooveski

We're all too old for 3DS.  ;)

I suffer it for one job(the track itself) because it's loft modifier pisses all over any other program's extrude variants...
...but after ten versions of AutoCAD, five of Lightwave and with a decent grasp of ProEng, Mech Desktop, Inventor and Solidworks - MAX is still a horrible sea of hidden icons.  ???
Give me a program where buttons have their function written on them any day.  May make the buttons five times the size but at least I'll know what they do.  :)

Hawk

Quote from: Grooveski on April 24, 2016, 08:01:34 AM
We're all too old for 3DS.  ;)

I suffer it for one job(the track itself) because it's loft modifier pisses all over any other program's extrude variants...
...but after ten versions of AutoCAD, five of Lightwave and with a decent grasp of ProEng, Mech Desktop, Inventor and Solidworks - MAX is still a horrible sea of hidden icons???
Give me a program where buttons have their function written on them any day.  May make the buttons five times the size but at least I'll know what they do.  :)

That's exactly why I stuck with Maya..... Maya's interface is just SO much more intuitive to use and every function is just SO easy to access, unlike 3DS Max were to get anywhere you have to go through one selection after another... Just pisses me off big time - Like when you phone a company and you have the automated voice on the other end taking you through one menu to another before you finally get to talk to the person you wanted in the first place. GRrrrrr!! Very frustrating! :o ::)

Hawk.

Grooveski

Back in MAX this evening and must admit I've been giggling at your description.   ;D
Pivot point and working pivot points - having to leave the modifier stack to set them does my head in (in LW you just click in a viewport).
Also having to back out of selections before moving to the next - ok, means you don't accidently move anything but man, it gets tedious real quick.
I dare say things can be improved by messing with preferences but even the program options screen is a scary place to be.    :o

Has to be said though - it is spectacularly good at what it does.  I'm having a last go at fine-tuning the embankments before popping it into the game for the test run and the way MAX builds the model from one main spline and sixty-odd sections never fails to impress me.

The little yellow line in the perspective view is showing the tangent that's being tweaked.  Everything updates in real(ish) time, you can manage road width and camber, adjust model detail at the click of a switch...
...it's worth putting up with some clunky traits for.  :)

Grooveski

Ohhh - new file extentions.  Amazing how something so simple can put a smile on your face.   :)

So far so good - next stop TrackED.

Donnie

Cant wait to try this!

Grooveski

Grrrr!   :(
Can't say I wasn't warned. 
Quote from: Hawk on March 29, 2016, 10:55:52 PM
The .trp file will take just seconds to complete(don't forget to note down the track code generated on your final run when the run log ends)...

Re-read that line half a dozen times over to try to burn it to memory.
...then apparently forgot all about it.    ::)

No big deal, reconvert and burn on the C/L again.
....still - Grrrr!

Hawk

Quote from: Grooveski on May 03, 2016, 07:34:06 PM
Grrrr!   :(
Can't say I wasn't warned. 
Quote from: Hawk on March 29, 2016, 10:55:52 PM
The .trp file will take just seconds to complete(don't forget to note down the track code generated on your final run when the run log ends)...

Re-read that line half a dozen times over to try to burn it to memory.
...then apparently forgot all about it.    ::)

No big deal, reconvert and burn on the C/L again.
....still - Grrrr!

Lol.... Frustrating I know but very easily done mate; I've done it too. Hehe  ;D
Luckily it doesn't take long to run it through for another .trp and code.  ;) 8)

Hawk.