• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:53:02 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Using an old beta with newer mods?

Started by dude, February 15, 2015, 06:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dude

Hello,

i want to know if it is possible to use beta 4b with mods (bikes) for beta 6c.
In beta 6c there is a newer model of the rider and if i use for example the superbike mod wich is created for beta 6c, ive got visual errors (rider is in the bike and not on it).
So is it possible to edit some files or is it impossible ?

Docfumi

I'm not sure it is possible but you can try, my advice to you is go back to beta6c and
PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!!! It does get easier.

There is no try, do you must  ;D
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

dude

Ive tried the beta 6c since release but I got frustrated so much that I had no more fun with the "game". So beta 4b is so much more enjoyable for me. No front wheel shaking, the old rider model wich looks far better in my opinion.

Ok, you have to choose for yourself but now I realy want to enjoy all the amazing new mods with beta 4b. Hope someone can help me with this.

Otherwise I have to wait for a new beta with hopefully "improved" physics.

Hawk

Quote from: dude on February 15, 2015, 07:35:14 PM
Ive tried the beta 6c since release but I got frustrated so much that I had no more fun with the "game". So beta 4b is so much more enjoyable for me. No front wheel shaking, the old rider model wich looks far better in my opinion.

Ok, you have to choose for yourself but now I realy want to enjoy all the amazing new mods with beta 4b. Hope someone can help me with this.

The Beta 6c Bike Mods don't work on previous versions. All Bike mods had to be updated to work with beta 6c......

Have you tried the new Honda RCV for beta 6c? That's a great bike as are the Moto2 and 3  and STK1000 bike mods, very stable. Also make sure your riding on decent tracks too as some tracks seem to promote instability in the bikes. Learn to setup the bikes too as this is also very important for bike stability.  ;)

Old versions of GPB don't do GPB justice at all now we have some really good bike mods and tracks coming through for beta 6c.

But as Doc advised..... Practice, Practice, Practice and it'll all start to come together... It's worth all the time and effort in the end.  :)

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

Quote from: docfumi on February 15, 2015, 07:09:26 PM
There is no try, do you must  ;D

I think the doc just got a new nickname "Yoda" lol

DD

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Abigor

+1

Docfumi

I know how you feel, it really sucks when you can't get it right but you also have to try and adept to
the conditions that are thrown at you and not say "Fuck it I will wait till it gets better" I mean if that was
the case half of us would have never been born. My point is don't give up and learn to take the good with the bad;D

WALKEN

The thing with betas are they move forward and if they change you need to work with the change and point out what is wrong in your opinion rather than stagnate on past betas regardless of the feeling.  Working on making mods work on older betas isn't beneficial to moving forward with GPBikes future.   
Help me, help you!

doubledragoncc

I have little time to actually ride in GPB so its hard to get setup of the bikes right and I NEED to do all manufacturers right now to send videos to the ACTUAL manufacturers along with data on my systems to make sure Suzuki sees a Suzuki in the demo video and its hard to get all 8 perfect and high quality riding right now, but I HAVE to so will. I wish I could just use my old Alpha7 for that but all my mods and the painted.exe dont work with it. You just have to stick with it and get the bike setup right. The new RCV213 is great and the most stable of the big boys. Keep at it DUDE. You WILL get there and it is worth it.

DD

PS sent you a link YODA hehe
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

doubledragoncc

Thats true Walken but why then are there NEW bugs like the rider falling under the track when it never happened before, that is the wrong direction in improving a program? Why are there new bugs that never happened? This is why it is hard when no mods can be backward compatible. I know its hard but there needs to be some method to make it that all the hard work by the modders becomes non usable wont always happen. These guys put a lot of time and effort into modding say one bike perfectly, then comes a new beta and the bike dont work, now they have to do it all again and again and again? Everytime Totally Mad makes an update you dont have to download all the cars again so way in GPB must you? The tracks dont have to be change much, but some do a bit. I just dont understand the amount of code changing that makes all the bikes useless???

DD

dude

Hm, thats one big point doubledragonccyodastyle is talking about.
Everybody knows what a beta status means. But also everyone expect progress from build to build.
So in my opinion takes it to long for newer betas. Ok, we all know that piboso have more projects to manage, but if youre focused on gp bikes only (thats why most of us had payed for it) its hard for us to wait and wait and wait...for improvements.
And then comes a new beta, everybody is jumping, downloading and annoyed that some things were no improved or even (*thinking*) messed up. (?)
BTW: Its totaly ok that the old mods not work anymore...beta status, but gp bikes should not switch to often the code or parameters for the mods.

Sry for my english :p

Docfumi

@Dude and DoubleD, you both make very good points. I guess I have been playing so long that I have learned to expect the
unexpected
and try to see it from the builders eyes. You can not please all the people all the time if you wish to be honest
to yourself and your work. Take it from me I am a musician. Therefore you have to do it your way always. As a fan or user of the game I can take it or leave it. In this cases I take it because I put down my money and I see it work for me. I am sorry for the Modders that lose out on their mods and such, but most of the guys have been around long enough to know how this works.

Game on 

WALKEN

February 16, 2015, 08:38:14 PM #12 Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 08:42:16 PM by WALKEN
I understand completely but,

Changing one line of code can effect another so on so forth. Mods for a beta is without justice in the end as the beta will move on.

Most of the fun is climbing the hill  ;)
Help me, help you!

h106frp

Stand out bugs (ie rider falling through road) should not really make it to release even in a beta. These should be picked up in testing -  maybe a few registered players (play testers should not be the code developers as they tend not to be objective enough) could test the new betas and report back before they are generally released to avoid the possibility of disappointing the greater community, would maybe give the whole thing a more polished feel.

BOBR6 84

Seems we literally are the beta testers.. new beta gets released with bugs and all in tow.. then the months in between betas are spent pointing out bugs/problems and the good points too.. so when a new beta is released you would expect most if not all the things pointed out on the forum would be sorted..

Im not sure its working that way though lol. maybe a few patches could be released in between instead of waiting months for a new beta?

after recent ''discussions'' its clear GPB is struggling  :( some frequent ''small'' updates would ease the pain..  :P