• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:16:27 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Using an old beta with newer mods?

Started by dude, February 15, 2015, 06:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

OK, so blatantly put, is it JUST money holding up the development and if so why? If it is only Piboso doing all the programming is it not just TIME involved? I ask this way to try and understand more clearly what it will take to get things really going with GP Bikes. I have a very good reason to NEED this to work, my own business is based on GP Bikes.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

WALKEN

So what about that steering system Dragon? Why isn't it finished? I need it NOW! I'm tired of using a lame gamepad! Whats the hold up man? lol....  :)
Help me, help you!

HornetMaX

Quote from: WALKEN on February 16, 2015, 07:19:29 PM
The thing with betas are they move forward and if they change you need to work with the change and point out what is wrong in your opinion rather than stagnate on past betas regardless of the feeling.  Working on making mods work on older betas isn't beneficial to moving forward with GPBikes future.   

I totally agree, but I have to add that it's not like the whole community has not given plenty of feedback on multiple pain points. And not many of them have seen improvements over the different betas.

MaX.

WALKEN

I'd love to debate Max but honestly I don't have the time to do hundreds of laps and educate myself on the short comings if you will.

Hopefully one day we can look back and remember the flaws and joke about it..

Help me, help you!

doubledragoncc

Quote from: WALKEN on February 17, 2015, 04:47:19 PM
So what about that steering system Dragon? Why isn't it finished? I need it NOW! I'm tired of using a lame gamepad! Whats the hold up man? lol....  :)

Hi Walken, its finished I am just waiting on a loan to get new tools and a 3D printer. I am ready to open but have to go through the legal shit too. Just got the business account for the bank and paypal sorted, need to finish the website and shopping cart stuff too. It is not just having an idea and selling it. I need to protect certain points which I have shared here and happy to do so but when it comes to actual products I have to patent my SPSS steering asap, so a lot of time is for that. I am also working on a special system for a full motion unit for the Technical University in Selangor, Malaysia and it has a priority for time on it. The biggest hold back is that I have spoken to all of the managing directors of public relations and marketing in the UK for 9 of the major motorcycle manufacturers. These include Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Triumph, Ducati, Aprilia, KTM and BMW!!!

I am kinda swamped with paperwork and dying to start cutting and welding shit lol.................................................................................................. GIVE ME A HAMMER!!!!!..........................Oh that wont work well with 3D printing lol.

I am putting a priority on my desktop clamp-on system to start with as I think it is what most of you want and have space for. I also want to release details of my systems that let you quickly, and I mean in 60 seconds and less, adapt your steering wheel system to handlebars with various input options!!!

I am permanently looking for lower priced parts to keep costs down as much as possible.

The next month should be D-Day time with luck.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

BOBR6 84

Theres a fair few things id like to see improved with GPB and some things really frustrate me about the whole project..

But..

Smashing in a whole load of laps at victoria with the 600's over the last couple of days has put a huge smile back on my face lol  ;D in fact id say it pisses all over previous beta's.. Based on the feedback we get from the bikes, we can really attack the track now which is a great feeling. Powerslides, backing it in, great reactions with the suspension and bike movements.. Its all there!

@DD your desktop handlebars would sell quite well I think!

doubledragoncc

Thats what Im hoping BOBPPP  ;D  But its not all about me m8. The main reason I started this was for fun in many ways but it has grown into much more. I have seen how much GPB means to you guys but also how much bike sims/games are left behind because of the controls we had to use. Its time to set it right and I want to eventually make it that its just like car sims and everyone can have a good controller and really enjoy what we love more.

I am praying GPB fixes so much as I have also gotten the manufacturers interested in GPB!!! I know Piboso will get there in the end, but sooner is always better than later. I am working on trying to get funds not just for myself right now but also for Piboso, its GPB that makes my systems work at their best because its the only real sim there is and allows real inputs from any controller. I have spent this year building the contacts and pushing my systems in some pretty high places with great interest coming back, but at the same time I have been pushing GPB in the same places and there is a lot of interest to say the least. I will not know for another few weeks from the manufacturers but most were very positive and when presented correctly there is a big future for motorcycle simulation software and hardware. Look at the car racing simulations and the integration of them in real world racing. Its a long road but I know with determination and quality work GPB and lil ol guys like me can change the motorcycle simulation industry.

GPBikes is best so FUCK the rest!!!

DD.................I say it as it is