• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:14:29 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

MaxSCL - A tool to edit .scl files (engine sounds)

Started by HornetMaX, February 22, 2015, 01:07:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

janaucarre

Hi,

Thank you for the tool.

I've got a little problem:
I use the provided sample to see how it works and now I want to use a sample of mine replacing ON_idle and/o OFF_idle.
When i launch PLAY all is ok but the idle rpm seems very high compare to  my original wave sound, so i change refPitch, originally 3719, to 3000 or 4000 or anything else and there is no more sound at idle. I try to put 3719 (original setting) an nothing change. I use Enter and Ctrl+U each time I change something there.
I also tried to change the volume, so for idle => Layer0 Sample0 or Layer1 Sample0, three values, but nothing changed even when setting is 50.000000.

What do I wrong ? Is the idle base rpm elsewhere than the cfg file we need in mascl ?

You can find my idle wav in attachements

Edit I can't post the wav here because to heavy so a link:
https://mega.nz/#!s7whCJRS!Znnr7oCXnJVl1OqyHoTDfWgurLL-ub0BSfXYxHFn4L0

HornetMaX

Quote from: janaucarre on October 18, 2017, 10:00:46 AM
Hi,

Thank you for the tool.

I've got a little problem:
I use the provided sample to see how it works and now I want to use a sample of mine replacing ON_idle and/o OFF_idle.
When i launch PLAY all is ok but the idle rpm seems very high compare to  my original wave sound, so i change refPitch, originally 3719, to 3000 or 4000 or anything else and there is no more sound at idle. I try to put 3719 (original setting) an nothing change. I use Enter and Ctrl+U each time I change something there.
I also tried to change the volume, so for idle => Layer0 Sample0 or Layer1 Sample0, three values, but nothing changed even when setting is 50.000000.

What do I wrong ? Is the idle base rpm elsewhere than the cfg file we need in mascl ?
If you change the refpitch, values of min/maxpitch are recomputed in a way that essentially preserves the current sound.
This because refpitch is usually something known, so there's little reason to change it.
To do what you want to do, you should use one of the two methods:

• change min/maxpitch (in your case, chnaging maxpitch should do it), or
  • enter the new refpitch then press the small calculator button beside the min/maxpitch fields to auto-compute the min/maxpitch values according to the new refpitch and the rpm limits
Volume values are between 0 and 1 :)

janaucarre

Thank you for answer to me.

I think I'm a bit stupid but i need more assistance.
- I open MaxSCL, I load engine.EX.scl, all is OK
- I close MaxSCL
- I put my idle sound in place of OFF_Idle_EX.wav, I load engine_EX.scl, my sound is good even the volume is to much lower but that's my fault.
Now i try what you tell me before:
- change min/maxpitch (in your case, chnaging maxpitch should do it) for layer 1 sample 0 wich corresponds to Off_Idle_EX.wav
- I put 2000 to MaxPitch and save
- close MaxSCL
- Launch MaxSCL
- press Play
Nothing changed, the idle rpm is exactly the same as before, about 2900 RPM

HornetMaX

When you edit the .scl in the text editor you need to press the "Update" button to transfer the changes to the UI fields.
The other way around, if you modify a field in the UI (e.g. the maxPitch), that change is considered immediately (i.e. if you play the .scl you can hear the difference) but it's not saved to the text file: to do that you need to use the save button/command.

Whenever you change a field you have a small (*) that shows that your changes are not yet saved to the .scl file.
If you quit with a still dirty file you have a pop-up that asks you if you want to save or lose your changes.

h106frp

I appreciate enthusiasm is low but as this tool is essential for engine sounds editing could you consider at least one more build with;

a) new tyre directories linked
b) add the ability to mute layers or individual samples during replay

HornetMaX

Both fair requirements, they'll be on top of todo list (if I touch this stuff again).

TFC

Hi MaX, I've just come to use this for MXB for the first time and am encountering a problem. It can't seem to load the audio files, even the sample (which I extracted to a folder on my desktop).

I wonder if somethings changed since you last made this tool compatible?

I get:

W  52: Unable to load sample:  "C:/Users/Ike/Desktop/Track Tools/bikes/tools/MaxSCL-v1.2/Samples/MXB_beta4/bikes/250x/2st250cc_onidle.wav"
W  53: Unable to load sample:  "C:/Users/Ike/Desktop/Track Tools/bikes/tools/MaxSCL-v1.2/Samples/MXB_beta4/bikes/250x/2st250cc_onverylow.wav"
W  54: Unable to load sample:  "C:/Users/Ike/Desktop/Track Tools/bikes/tools/MaxSCL-v1.2/Samples/MXB_beta4/bikes/250x/2st250cc_onlow.wav"
W  55: Unable to load sample:  "C:/Users/Ike/Desktop/Track Tools/bikes/tools/MaxSCL-v1.2/Samples/MXB_beta4/bikes/250x/2st250cc_onmid.wav"
W  56: Unable to load sample:  "C:/Users/Ike/Desktop/Track Tools/bikes/tools/MaxSCL-v1.2/Samples/MXB_beta4/bikes/250x/2st250cc_onhigh.wav"
W  57: Unable to load sample:  "C:/Users/Ike/Desktop/Track Tools/bikes/tools/MaxSCL-v1.2/Samples/MXB_beta4/bikes/250x/2st250cc_idle.wav"
W  58: Unable to load sample:  "C:/Users/Ike/Desktop/Track Tools/bikes/tools/MaxSCL-v1.2/Samples/MXB_beta4/bikes/250x/2st250cc_offidle.wav"
W  59: Unable to load sample:  "C:/Users/Ike/Desktop/Track Tools/bikes/tools/MaxSCL-v1.2/Samples/MXB_beta4/bikes/250x/2st250cc_offverylow_2.wav"
W  60: Unable to load sample:  "C:/Users/Ike/Desktop/Track Tools/bikes/tools/MaxSCL-v1.2/Samples/MXB_beta4/bikes/250x/2st250cc_offlow_3.wav"
W  61: Unable to load sample:  "C:/Users/Ike/Desktop/Track Tools/bikes/tools/MaxSCL-v1.2/Samples/MXB_beta4/bikes/250x/2st250cc_offmid_4.wav"
W  62: Unable to load sample:  "C:/Users/Ike/Desktop/Track Tools/bikes/tools/MaxSCL-v1.2/Samples/MXB_beta4/bikes/250x/2st250cc_offhigh_2.wav"
W  63: BIKE infos:
W  64:   Total mass [Kg]: 96.800000 [166.800000 with rider]
W  65:   Engine map:  "race"
W  66:     Max torque: 42 Nm  @  7646 RPM
W  67:     Max power : 48 Hp  @  8177 RPM

HornetMaX

Quote from: TheFatController on May 07, 2018, 05:49:39 AM
Hi MaX, I've just come to use this for MXB for the first time and am encountering a problem. It can't seem to load the audio files, even the sample (which I extracted to a folder on my desktop).
1st post of this thread: samples coming from MXB default bikes (same for GPB) are encrypted hence the .wav won't load.
They are provided anyway to show how a proper .scl should look like.

The .scl of a mod bike should load just fine.

TFC

Quote from: HornetMaX on May 07, 2018, 06:24:35 AM
Quote from: TheFatController on May 07, 2018, 05:49:39 AM
1st post of this thread: samples coming from MXB default bikes (same for GPB) are encrypted hence the .wav won't load.
They are provided anyway to show how a proper .scl should look like.

The .scl of a mod bike should load just fine.

Damn, I knew that too.. It's just been a long time since I tried to mess with sounds.

Thanks MaX :)

JohnnoNinja

Anyone got this tool to work with beta 13? Because I'm not able to load the scl file of any of the modded bikes I've got. It fails to open the .cfg file and gives an error about the tyre file (Unable to parse file: xxxxx.cfg Bad tyres file in section /TYRES.)

Edit: Just found this post: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=5611.0

HornetMaX

Quote from: JohnnoNinja on May 17, 2018, 02:19:01 PM
Anyone got this tool to work with beta 13? Because I'm not able to load the scl file of any of the modded bikes I've got. It fails to open the .cfg file and gives an error about the tyre file (Unable to parse file: xxxxx.cfg Bad tyres file in section /TYRES.)

Edit: Just found this post: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=5611.0

Or that one: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=2082.msg79567#msg79567

HornetMaX

v1.4 out (2018/07/16):

• For GPB beta14, should work for MXB beta8 too (haven't checked too much though).
  • Added buttons to mute/unmute a sinlge sample or layer. Note that the mute status i snot saved to the .scl file.
  • Added support for tyres folder. If a bike uses shared tyres (e.g. the bike 'MotoGP_2017_HONDA_RC213V_MDL1' uses tyres 'Michelin_MotoGP_17'), you must set the 'Tyres folder': from the main window, use menu Main/Tyres folder to point to the correct folder. MaxSCL will try to load the tyre data from that folder firtst (if set) and from the bikes folder after.

I've added a PayPal donate button in the 1st post 8)

Myst1cPrun3

December 08, 2018, 12:02:03 AM #87 Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 12:04:16 AM by Myst1cPrun3
Probably a really stupid question, but whenever I try to load the some scl files, I don't get any sound when playing. Am I missing something obvious, as some sounds work and others not so?

HornetMaX

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on December 08, 2018, 12:02:03 AM
Probably a really stupid question, but whenever I try to load the some scl files, I don't get any sound when playing. Am I missing something obvious, as some sounds work and others not so?

From the 1st post in this thread:
Quote from: HornetMaX on February 22, 2015, 01:07:54 AM
IMPORTANT: some samples are provided in the Samples folder (just from GPB, but it's the same for MXB).
Notice that you will be able to load the default bikes (e.g the 'murasama_rc990_03' for GPB) but you won't be able to "play" the sounds, as the .wav of the default bikes are encrypted. The samples are provided anyway:

• to show how a properly done .scl is: you can replace the default (encrypted) .wav with your own ones and play with them.
  • to show which files are needed by the tool. Basically the .scl, the bike.cfg, the .engn (all of them, if more than one), the tyreset .cfg, all the .tyre and all the .wav referenced by the .scl.