• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 08:58:43 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

No forum email notifcations

Started by HornetMaX, March 02, 2015, 09:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dibu

Any news? I got email notifications again for a short while but since about two weeks nothing at all again (@web.de).

Hawk

Quote from: dibu on March 28, 2015, 02:30:45 PM
Any news? I got email notifications again for a short while but since about two weeks nothing at all again (@web.de).

I'm getting email notifications, although they do seem to be erratic in that some are from a day or so ago and others are immediate notifications.... Strange and somewhat unreliable in nature I think...

Hawk.

PiBoSo

The server has been blacklisted and delisted at least 3 times in the past month.
But there is no point, until the host technical support finds and deleted the spammer.
Very disappointed they haven't properly solved the issue yet.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Hawk

Now I'm starting to get PM notifications of notifications I've already had weeks before...... This is very confusing, especially when those notifications concern the organisation and work I'm doing for the GPB Community... This could well lead to important PM's being ignored and deleted and therefore mistakes being made in the organisation of the Databases and co-ordination between other important contacts like server admins and other database organisers......

I hope the forum hosts technical support finds that dam spammer soon.....

Hawk.
PS: They should send a massive virus bomb back to these spammers to totally destroy their systems BIOS or something, that would stop these little weasles from pissing everyone off all the time. LOL  ;D

dibu

Quote from: PiBoSo on March 28, 2015, 03:29:26 PM

The server has been blacklisted and delisted at least 3 times in the past month.
But there is no point, until the host technical support finds and deleted the spammer.
Very disappointed they haven't properly solved the issue yet.

Short status update - atm I don't get any PM notificatons again. Last notification was 2 weeks ago. During May it worked at least sometimes.

RiccoChicco

I receive PM notifications (worked today for example). Very strange problem  :-X

HornetMaX

It come and goes. Works OK now (since yesterday) but wasn't working the past days.

MaX.

dibu

June 13, 2015, 02:40:40 PM #37 Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 02:56:52 PM by dibu
I just did a short test.
If I use my business address for notifications it works but my private mail addresses at web.de and gmx.de don't work, despite I switched off their spam filter.
Seems like web05.i3d.net is blocked by them generally atm. I don't know which spamlists they use.

Using the business address not an option for me.

Which freemail providers are not blocking atm?

PS: gmail.com works only sending it to spam folder.

HornetMaX

It depends on which spamlist the provider appears too.
On gmail I often don't get the notifications (right now I do).

MaX.

dibu

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 13, 2015, 02:58:27 PM
It depends on which spamlist the provider appears too.
On gmail I often don't get the notifications (right now I do).

MaX.

Damn, I just switched to my gmail account which works atm - but if it also isn't reliable... ::)

Anybody knows a freemailer which didn't show the notification problem until now?

Hawk

I haven't been having a problem lately. I use Yahoo.co.uk email.

Hawk.

dibu

Quote from: Hawk UK on June 13, 2015, 05:13:32 PM
I haven't been having a problem lately. I use Yahoo.co.uk email.

Hawk.

Thanks Hawk,
I'll give yahoo a try if pm notification fails again. atm gmail works.

C21

Still getting no notifications. Using gmx...
doesn´t matter because i regularly browse the forum but....
did not receive notifications since 2 weeks but received several PN meanwhile.
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

JJS209

also got only from time to time emails that i got PMs...

PiBoSo

Forum settings have been changed ( thank you Dibu ).
Emails shouldn't be spam-filtered anymore.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".