• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:44:02 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

About Tournaments and RACES(!)

Started by Super Taranta !, March 27, 2015, 07:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Super Taranta !

I really do not recommend this kind of ''tournamental sign up'' If there are 200 people playing this game, only like 20 of them can join these tournaments. What is the point ? I am not saying that 'Tournaments are shit, unnecessary ! '. BUT , If there is a tournament, there need to be also a weekly races. We are (Gp Bikes players) always looking for some players to play, like everytime ! And then If there are like 2 people in the server it's being funny, if there is 5-6 players on the server (SO SO RARELY) it is awesome to ride with them. These tournaments are great no objection about that, but please guys do something. It's not that hard. We need to play together ALWAYS! It is funny when we ride together. I believe in GPB Italia and other forums. Please make it like our lovely friend PeterV. He was organizing awesome races especially Old school races. These races was like weekly (sometimes 2 weeks) and we were signing up to these races like 3-4 days before it starts. And EVERY RACE HAS IT'S OWN SIGN UP TOPICS. So people can participate every race. These races were for fun. Only fun. And believe me or not these races were PURE FUN for everybody that can participate. That was awesome and incredibly funny. That was old times of Gp Bikes. There might be someone who agree with me. It is not going well...
SuperTaranta #83

Hawk

No matter what type of race event is held only a max of 24 riders can enter. The only reason that a limited fixed number of riders can participate in a Champs event that may last several months is simply because it doesn't make sense to open a champs event to those who didn't register for the whole event, that would be unfair on those that registered and have gained vital points towards the championship.

I understand what your trying to say, but even if a single fun race event was held every week, only a max of 24 riders can participate. That still leaves a potentially great majority who will be left out. People just have to make sure they get in there and register while spaces are open to do so. Even I(who come on the forum regular and like to enter every race) have missed out on the latest SBK1000 Champs event because the rider register was full before I had chance to register.  :o :o

It's not like the old days when you could guarantee to ride in any event due to the low participation..... It's just a fact now that if you want to race you have to keep your eye on the ball and be there straight away as soon as the event rider registry is posted, be it a champs event or a weekly fun race, it makes no difference to the difficulty of getting your name down to race now.

Nice as it is, the popularity of GPB events is starting to breeds it's own problems of restrictive participation..... Just a fact of GPB life we now have to live with.  :P ;)

Come back OldSchool Peter!!  ;D

Hawk.
PS: I guess the only solution would be for more GPB event promotors/hosts to come on board and organise some fun events. I'm trying to encourage this, but if people don't want to do it what can we do?

Super Taranta !

Yes Hawk, you understood me very well. I saw this 'Fun Event' races. And feel a lot more happy now. But we need to improve ourselves, we need to go up this is not enough. This is not only a simulation for me. This is also a game, some fun, and place that everybody can discuss something and socialize... I hope every user,racer can understand me. Unite guys :D come on.

and yes, come back OldSchool Peter!!  ;D
SuperTaranta #83

Napalm Nick

March 27, 2015, 10:06:52 PM #3 Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 10:09:41 PM by Napalm Nick
Here's an idea from a Nooboid trying to help  :P.

Any chance a server can be set up for a race every night? Say 8pm with the track changing daily.  Then we could have a Quick Race Child-board with a Daily topic where people can say "I'm racing tonight" just to give an idea who's going to turn up.. No points but maybe someone could make a list of track vs winners and a shiny Gold Cup JPEG every week/month for most wins.

I doubt (with all the skill there is here  :-*) this hasn't already been thought of in one form or other so shoot me down if needed and I'll think of sommat else.

Hell someone needs to open a POLL about this idea! I'd do it but I aint got a friggin clue yet!

Napalm

Edit: (ah I cant cos I got lowly status  :( lol)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

JJS209

its very easy to setup a server. everybody can do it.
i got a 100 m/bit connection and it was going very well without any lags with 10 riders on it.
so i think to set up a server would not be the problem. but a daily raceserver would be great.

Napalm Nick

Thank you JJ that's good information, the ball is rolling.  ;D

I don't know where the current dedicated ES/ITA/FRA servers are, but the best solution might be a 'dedicated' one not in someone's bedroom?  But its an option of course. Will run the idea through GpBikes Headquarters aka Her Indoors, she might agree.

Maybe someone with a current little-used Dedicated server could use it to fulfil this dream?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Nice thinking guys!  ;D

I would suggest someone take the role as event promotor to post forum details about the daily race events.
Races to start in say one or two weeks time(to give the community good notice and a chance to realise the daily races are being organised).
Arrange a start date and event time(same time each night), and make a separate forum thread for each day/event being held.
On those forum threads have a rider registration just like any other event so you'd know how many are interested.
Of course the usual things like the creation of the Bike/Rider/Helmet Skin Pack for competitors to download.

Also maybe have different category bikes on different nights? Say: WSS600 on Monday Nights - SBK1000 on Tuesday Nights, etc, etc...... Sounds good to me.

Just a few thoughts of mine. Feel free to jump in and express your own ideas and suggestions, I'm sure between us all we can come up will a good combination.  ;) 8)

Make this happen guys!  ;D ;D 8)

Hawk.
PS: If JJ has a 100Mbit connection that should be good. What is your upload speed JJ(Usually quite a bit slower than download speed)?

Napalm Nick

Great ideas Hawk, thank you, the ball continues to roll.

Particularly like the changing of bike categories. I would be happy to help out where I can but beware I got lost at "skin-packs" and "forum threads" so would need a 'daddy' too, besides I think doing it daily will need more than one person in control. Hmm there comes another idea - rotate it round the active members - or winner organises the next weeks racing.

Bit worried there are only 3 of us interested so far, this will need a good backing if its worth the effort. Can one of you Hero members start a poll of interest to canvass people? That would give us an idea of numbers.

Calling all Riders - who's interested - roll up - Gold cups awarded

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 27, 2015, 11:53:01 PM
Great ideas Hawk, thank you, the ball continues to roll.

Particularly like the changing of bike categories. I would be happy to help out where I can but beware I got lost at "skin-packs" and "forum threads" so would need a 'daddy' too, besides I think doing it daily will need more than one person in control. Hmm there comes another idea - rotate it round the active members - or winner organises the next weeks racing.

Bit worried there are only 3 of us interested so far, this will need a good backing if its worth the effort. Can one of you Hero members start a poll of interest to canvass people? That would give us an idea of numbers.

Calling all Riders - who's interested - roll up - Gold cups awarded

I'll start a poll. I'll do it on a dedicated thread.  ;)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Hawk_UK on March 27, 2015, 11:57:04 PM

Hawk.

Like everyone round here says - "Yeh Hawky's a God"

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 28, 2015, 12:07:43 AM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on March 27, 2015, 11:57:04 PM

Hawk.

Like everyone round here says - "Yeh Hawky's a God"

Hahaha!!! If only that were true! Hehe ;D ;D

The Poll is up and running guys!  ;)

http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=2158.0

Hawk.