• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Daily Fun Race Events Poll...... Please vote guys.

Started by Hawk, March 28, 2015, 12:19:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you be interested in Daily Fun Races

Yes
No
Maybe

Napalm Nick

Guys,

I'm happy to run with this as the 'Events co-ordinator' no worries and I will do 90% of the work. All I need is a wing-man who can run a couple of days when I  can't make it. Once I have sorted the format this will be easy enough when I can't do it.
JJ's  my man I think.  ;D

So as far as I'm concerned its just a case of numbers interested - if we hit 30 leave it to me and I'll sort it then all anyone needs to do is advise me along the way and have some race fun  :)

Boomshakalakka  8)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 28, 2015, 06:23:40 PM
Guys,

I'm happy to run with this as the 'Events co-ordinator' no worries and I will do 90% of the work. All I need is a wing-man who can run a couple of days when I  can't make it. Once I have sorted the format this will be easy enough when I can't do it.
JJ's  my man I think.  ;D

So as far as I'm concerned its just a case of numbers interested - if we hit 30 leave it to me and I'll sort it then all anyone needs to do is advise me along the way and have some race fun  :)

Boomshakalakka  8)

Nice to hear that Nick!  ;D

Sounds like you just need to confirm with JJ which days he is able to stand in for you.  ;)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

It will be days I'm too sick to get out of bed or when I go on holiday or when I need a break.  :P

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

I've posted the new poll, JJS suggested, so riders can select which bike categories they want to ride during the weeks events.

This will be useful information to provide riders with the categories they want to race with..... So please vote!  ;D

http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=2160.0

Hawk.

nuovaic

This is a good idea,
Today I saw there was a daily server with an old nds version of Assen, could not connect as I don't have it. Could you use the latest versions please? Thanks.

Napalm Nick

Hi Nuovaic,

yes sorry that server is only just being set up and was a test track for my own checking of server automatic results saving etc today.

This daily event is not yet ALIVE but is coming! As you may have read about and VOTED on????? :P

However, the tracks and bikes are now the latest - synchronisation has occurred!

I would appreciate people trying to join it to make sure all the settings are correct and Pings are OK etc.

Let me know if there are any problems please guys.

But also remember this Event is not yet ALIVE....just yet.

nuovaic

Ok, sorry my bad! posted without digesting my food..

Napalm Nick

Quote from: nuovaic on March 29, 2015, 06:54:20 PM
Ok, sorry my bad! posted without digesting my food..

Hehe  ;D not at all its nice to know people can see it

Super Taranta !

SuperTaranta #83

Napalm Nick

Shame really. 833 members (most of which are GpBikes members?) and less than 25 interested. This is going to be a no-goer.  :'(

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 31, 2015, 04:05:47 PM
Shame really. 833 members (most of which are GpBikes members?) and less than 25 interested. This is going to be a no-goer.  :'(

Hi Nick.

The main core of GPB members that ride regularly online in events are about 20 - 30 members, so if you consider how many of those won't be able to join the daily events due to other priorities then 20 - 25 interests is very good! Remember we can only get 24 riders on a server at maximum server capacity.
Also I think that once it has been running for a few weeks we will get many more wishing to join-in the races.  ;D

If you look on the forum stats you will find that there is only the 20 - 30 hard core members that really keep things going around here(even some of those disappear for a while then come back for another stint before disappearing again). Others just seem to join and then we hardly hear from them for some reason.

But certainly members response to entering events is hugely better than it used to be and from my perspective is getting greater all the time now.

I'd say give it a go... If not many riders are wanting to race everyday then cut it down to once a week and see how it goes from there. Or even start it from once a week events? Everyday events is a lot of work especially for one guy(namely yourself) doing 99.9% of the organisation of it all.  ;)

It's easy to get things out of perspective when you just look at the total membership of this forum. As long as there are enough interested riders to form a good start grid then that's what matters.  ;D

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Hi Hawk,

Yes I was only discussing having just one day with JJ today.  If Tuesday is SBK day, Saturday is wss600 and Sunday is Moto3 then maybe Thursday is the ideal day.

Could do with a grid full of people getting on my server to test it.  JJs ping seemed to be all over the place today which has me a bit worried.

Anyway, thanks for the upbeat pep talk it has raised my enthusiasm again.  8)

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 31, 2015, 06:13:08 PM
Hi Hawk,

Yes I was only discussing having just one day with JJ today.  If Tuesday is SBK day, Saturday is wss600 and Sunday is Moto3 then maybe Thursday is the ideal day.

Could do with a grid full of people getting on my server to test it.  JJs ping seemed to be all over the place today which has me a bit worried.

Anyway, thanks for the upbeat pep talk it has raised my enthusiasm again.  8)

Hi Nick.

I'd suggest you promote a test event. Advertise it a week in advance to give people chance to organise themselves to take part. Choose the most popular bikeset from the poll to do it, hopefully that way we will get the most riders wanting to take part in the test event.  :)

If you like I can do a poll to decide the best day to do the once a week races, again it will hopefully ensure the most competitors for the race day events right from the start.  ;)

Thanks Nick!  ;D

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Yes please Hawk go for the poll.

I will contact Walken and see if he will give me a child board and some control for it.

And I would ask anyone else reading this to please go have a few laps on my server (currently called Daily Race Server) to see if there are any problems (particularly ping) and let me know.

Many thanks

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 31, 2015, 07:02:32 PM
Yes please Hawk go for the poll.

I will contact Walken and see if he will give me a child board and some control for it.

And I would ask anyone else reading this to please go have a few laps on my server (currently called Daily Race Server) to see if there are any problems (particularly ping) and let me know.

Many thanks

No probs, I will do that Poll Vote now..... Then I'll come online and test your Race Server if it's still up there right now?  ;)

Hawk.