• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:23:58 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Chat Conduct.

Started by Klax75, April 06, 2015, 12:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klax75

I know this is a little thing but every race we have two or three guys calling each other gay back and forth, then drawing pictures of penis. :/ It's just annoying. When your trying to read if anyone has suggestions or a setup to try.

Jose Reina

Sorry. I am one who does. Are just banter between riders and we do not do either classification or career.
Everyone in your language jokes and laughs, because that's a joke in Spanish.
We do not think that has much importance, because the chat is a chat, as long as not used in classification and career, do not think there problem to say anything as long as you do not insult or disrespect anyone.

Napalm Nick

I fully appreciate it is only banter and no insult was intended but I am with Klax on this one.

What is a joke to one person can be insulting to another who hears it.

I must say I was really surprised to still hear this old kind of 'banter' in chat.

Best to keep these 'jokes' amongst close friends or better still to move on from them.

And don't worry I am a firm believer that the PC brigade have ruined most of society but I do respect things like this.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Jose Reina

This topic can be infinite, with many different opinions that ultimately will have no solution.
A chat is a chat, and can not control everyone who does he write in the chat.
We are tired of saying the chat and capital letter "NO CHAT IN RACE, NO CHAT IN QUALY", and yet people still using it.
It is true that this race has been observed that standard lot, that makes us very happy, because it bothers be running and constantly see the chat.

But in practice and warmup, no problem to use the chat, as I said before, each person uses the chat for whatever you want, as long as no insult or disrespect anyone.

While it is true that jokes are made, but these jokes are directed to a person, so that other people should not offend

Maybe something someone says, for you have no interest, and disturb you because you have interest in another conversation, but I can spend the same, and as I say, are people and communicate speaking and writing, and the chat is a form of communication between people, like the jokes are a way to socialize with people and laugh for so be happier.

Again I apologize for joking in chat, but as a way to socialize and communicate, I will continue using chatting and joking with people who have confidence and without insult or disrespect anyone.

Klax75

April 06, 2015, 02:53:09 PM #4 Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 02:54:48 PM by Klax75
Quote from: PiBoSo on February 17, 2013, 05:13:14 PM
In the chat, it is possible to send a private message typing '/' followed by the client's name ( or #race number), followed by the message.
For example, to send a private "Hello" to Adam with race number 7 you can type:
/A Hello
/Adam Hello
/#7 Hello

A server admin can also use the chat to execute commands.
To ban a client, type !eject followed by client's name ( or #race number).
To disqualify a driver during a race, type !black followed by driver's name ( or #race number).

Napalm Nick

Jose - Its sad you do not understand my post but never mind  :( I wasn't having a go at you or asking for apologies.
Everything you say I totally agree with - I was just trying to say some jokes are inappropriate.

Quote from: Klax75 on April 06, 2015, 02:53:09 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on February 17, 2013, 05:13:14 PM
In the chat, it is possible to send a private message typing '/' followed by the client's name ( or #race number), followed by the message.

Interesting stuff.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

To be honest I have no objections to people chatting, joking and having some banter between the others on track at all during practice as long as they are kept reasonably clean.

But what I would like to see is no chat at all during qualifying and the race right up until all riders have finished the race, because I have noticed that quite often(though not every time) certain people can't wait to congratulate winners etc,etc, as soon as they have crossed the finish line while others are still on track racing.
If I'm correct on this I think after the winner has crossed the finish line, there is about 20 - 30 seconds before the official end of the race and positions are fixed at that point in time. So during those 20 - 30 seconds you may have riders who are seriously concentrated on passing a rider to move up a place and is suddenly bombarded with chats etc, etc which break the concentration. I just think it's a little unfair on those that are still racing during this time.

Personally I would make it known that anyone who breaks the "No Chat" rule during a race no matter what reason will be banned from the next race. Apologies communications and other complaints that riders feel the need to state at the time of the race can easily be voiced after the race on the forum, or on server chat after the official server time of the race is over.  :P :)

I would also like a ruling for all riders to be present before qualifying starts, after that time, any rider that joins the server will be either kicked off the server or banned from the next race. I say this because the times I've been on a great lap(well it's a great lap for me. Lol) during qualifying and someone who turns up late for qualifying joins the server and I get server-lag which either causes me to crash at worst but certainly costs me time from my lap. The only exception would be for riders who are already present and unfortunately had a core.exe and needed to re-join, that would be only fair to let them re-join with no penalty for doing so.  ;)

Just my thoughts.... Some may seem harsh but at least riders would know were they stand and what to expect if they break the rules. To my mind the secret to getting riders to obey rulings is to enforce penalties for breaking the rules with no exceptions outside those stated.

Hawk.
PS: Personally I would like to see a fix for ending a race so that all riders after the winner has crossed the finish line to have to cross the finish line on their current lap before their race position is counted. This currently is not so. We need a fix for this.

Napalm Nick

April 06, 2015, 03:32:42 PM #7 Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 03:36:03 PM by Napalm Nick
And let us not forget that there is a DISABLE CHAT option in SETTINGS!

There we go - go to settings before setting out on hotlap and DISABLE?

Will have to test it!

Oh and don't forget the pre-made chatboxes.

You could line up /#7 Hello numbskull friend (or whatever)ready at the touch of a number button.

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on April 06, 2015, 03:32:42 PM
And let us not forget that there is a DISABLE CHAT option in SETTINGS!

There we go - go to settings before setting out on hotlap and DISABLE?

Will have to test it!

There is a chat disable check-box in the options, but race promoters have been there and tried that before.... A lot of riders just don't turn it off.  :)

Sometimes we need to get a big stick out to make people tow the line. Lol  ;D

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Hawk UK on April 06, 2015, 03:38:55 PM

There is a chat disable check-box in the options, but race promoters have been there and tried that before.... A lot of riders just don't turn it off.

Hawk.

Humbugs! But still good for those who want their lap with no chat coming in. 

Well maybe an admin command or .ini setting could be used - maybe there is already one?

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on April 06, 2015, 04:25:48 PM
Quote from: Hawk UK on April 06, 2015, 03:38:55 PM

There is a chat disable check-box in the options, but race promoters have been there and tried that before.... A lot of riders just don't turn it off.

Hawk.

Humbugs! But still good for those who want their lap with no chat coming in. 

Well maybe an admin command or .ini setting could be used - maybe there is already one?

If I remember rightly(correct me if I'm wrong), it doesn't stop others chat coming through, it just stops you using chat on your system?
I'm sure last time I tried it others chat was still viewing on screen but I personally could not use the chat facility?

I maybe wrong as it was so long ago now since we tested it.  :P

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Oh crumbs I see well that is a useless button if so.

Will have to test it later

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Napalm Nick on April 06, 2015, 04:33:12 PM

Just tested the "Disable Chat" button and I saw no chat messages while racing.  When I went to pits and looked in Chat channel there had been plenty of chat while I was on track.

So it worked for me I suggest others try it, maybe guaranteed quiet Quallie and Race is possible.

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on April 06, 2015, 09:35:31 PM
Quote from: Napalm Nick on April 06, 2015, 04:33:12 PM

Just tested the "Disable Chat" button and I saw no chat messages while racing.  When I went to pits and looked in Chat channel there had been plenty of chat while I was on track.

So it worked for me I suggest others try it, maybe guaranteed quiet Quallie and Race is possible.

Interesting! I'll have to test myself.... I could do with a quite pre race and post race.  ;D

Hawk.