• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Is it worth buying?

Started by Axdoz, April 13, 2015, 09:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Axdoz

Downloaded the demo two days ago. All i can say is that this game is extremely fun. But i'd like to know:

• How active is online?
  • Is this game going anywhere (Does piboso update the game once in awhile?)
  • How active is the modding community?
I'm all in for supporting this game. I just don't want to pay for a game that isn't going anywhere.

G0G

The game is WELL WORTH buying as it is. It a better deal than anyone else is offering. Even if nothing else happens in its development, it is still very much worth buying, supporting and playing. :D

Hawk

Quote from: Axdoz on April 13, 2015, 09:42:46 PM
Downloaded the demo two days ago. All i can say is that this game is extremely fun. But i'd like to know:

• How active is online?
  • Is this game going anywhere (Does piboso update the game once in awhile?)
  • How active is the modding community?
I'm all in for supporting this game. I just don't want to pay for a game that isn't going anywhere.

Hi Axdoz.

Well just to say that I've had GPB for 3+ years and I'm still as enthusiastic about it now as I was when I first bought it(In fact even more so now).

Online forum community is very active and the best community you'll find anywhere on the internet, always willing to help and advise each other when needed.

Online practice servers and organised online race events are very active and just getting more popular all the time.

The modding community is VERY active.

Just take a look at these threads and you'll realise just how active the online racing and modding community is:

Bike Mods: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=789.0

Track Downloads: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=45.0

Organised Race Events:
http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?board=7.0

Hope this helps.  ;)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Maybe I've been here too long, but concerning where this game is going, I've grown less optimistic.

Worth the money ? Yes, surely. No doubt.

Going anywhere ? I do hope so, but I'm no longer sure.

Active online ? Not really if you ask me. Every single organised championship ends in frustration.

MaX.

Napalm Nick

Axdoz,

all I will say is look over the forum and see if its for you. See if what you want from the game is being delivered at the current time or is the goal something you want to contribute to. Its a Beta.

For me I'm still like a puppy up a leg, wanting to learn everything, praying at night this is the bike game I've been waiting a lifetime for, hanging on every bit of news from Piboso. I've learnt to Mod, skin, provide a server, race, I've been welcomed (put up with) by the senior members and I've damn well had £20 worth of fun already. I've also followed the game for a few years already and I'm hoping to God its not going to be a few more because I am getting old seriously!

Every day I see people spend £20 on a round of coffees in the café. In 20 minutes its drunk and the 'pleasure' has gone forever.

You've already said you've had extreme fun on the demo, maybe even £20 worth. So what's to lose?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Axdoz

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 14, 2015, 06:39:15 AM
Maybe I've been here too long, but concerning where this game is going, I've grown less optimistic.

Worth the money ? Yes, surely. No doubt.

Going anywhere ? I do hope so, but I'm no longer sure.

Active online ? Not really if you ask me. Every single organised championship ends in frustration.

MaX.

I hope the game is moving forward too.
Who is piboso? Is it just one guy working on this game, or is there more?
When have you last heard from him/them?

Boerenlater

I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

HornetMaX

Quote from: Axdoz on April 14, 2015, 09:26:04 AM
Who is piboso? Is it just one guy working on this game, or is there more?
They seem to be at least 2 on MXB (MX game), but on GPB, WRS and KRP I've only heard of Piboso himself.

Quote from: Axdoz on April 14, 2015, 09:26:04 AM
When have you last heard from him/them?
5 days ago.

But when do we have last heard from him/them something that sounds like a plan for GPB ... well, that I can't exactly remember ... 15-18 months ago, saying that the plan was to have MXB beta1 out, then KRP v1 out, then GPB v1 out by end 2014 ... No news since, so we wait.

OK, rant over ... maybe we'll receive some news now/soon ...

Quote from: Napalm Nick on April 14, 2015, 07:24:01 AM
I've also followed the game for a few years already and I'm hoping to God its not going to be a few more because I am getting old seriously!
Welcome to the club. Luckly for us, life expectation is going up :)

MaX.

BOBR6 84

Its a no brainer at 20quid..

Progress is slow but the potential is huge!

Its already addictive and has many stunning mods and plenty of tracks..

Can get frustrating but hey... Its 20quid lol

Axdoz

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on April 14, 2015, 01:15:27 PM
Its a no brainer at 20quid..

Progress is slow but the potential is huge!

Its already addictive and has many stunning mods and plenty of tracks..

Can get frustrating but hey... Its 20quid lol

I'm buying it. Progress may be slow, but as long as it's going somewhere, I'm in !

JJS209

good decision, welcome onboard!