• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:35:56 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Dyno runs needed :P

Started by Warlock, April 14, 2015, 05:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warlock

This is the kind of dyno tests we need to capture sounds.
Running with load at diferent rpms. Been trying with this one, but the quality of the sound isn't good enough , damn fan makes a lot of noise , imposible to clean it in a sound editor.
With Max tool is easy to make them if we had good samples .......... shame we haven't a dynorun owner in the forum  :-\

https://www.youtube.com/v/Qaie_AQ7PNM

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

BOBR6 84

I had my bike in on the dyno last week.. Did about 35 runs lol. Had some work done.. Skimmed head etc etc.

I really need the kit to record the sounds but I just cannot afford it at the moment  :( shame because its an ideal opportunity. Sorry warlock  :-\

Warlock

April 14, 2015, 01:09:09 PM #4 Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 01:19:17 PM by Warlock
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on April 14, 2015, 10:15:11 AM
I had my bike in on the dyno last week.. Did about 35 runs lol. Had some work done.. Skimmed head etc etc.

I really need the kit to record the sounds but I just cannot afford it at the moment  :( shame because its an ideal opportunity. Sorry warlock  :-\

Thanks m8, no problem, we can't force anyone , ...or can we?  ;D
Anyway it needs a certain amount of quality , that fan and the poor sound on the video i posted ruined it.

Quote from: Alone on April 14, 2015, 11:39:56 AM
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=423386441172403&fref=nf

::)

I didn't forget you Alone, i've been 2 weeks searching for a usefull dyno run on a 500cc,......no luck  ::)
The video you posted has a good quality sound, but is useless because has no steady acceleration on load, thats why i posted with the requeriments of the dyno run.
I have to try with the granular thing though, with this one..... but i can download sounds from youtube videos only, i can't with this one, any thoughts?

Eagle

Agree, Warlock ! +1

But even if it's silent around, the quality must be perfect, no reverb/echoes due to the room (if in closed area) etc..

For now we can only rip sounds from videos and merge some for 2 strokes. :lol:

Is a dyno test free btw ?

Warlock

Quote from: Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) on April 14, 2015, 01:09:51 PM
Agree, Warlock ! +1

But even if it's silent around, the quality must be perfect, no reverb/echoes due to the room (if in closed area) etc..

For now we can only rip sounds from videos and merge some for 2 strokes. :lol:

Is a dyno test free btw ?

Indeed a good quality is essential.
The quality already gets cropped when you convert the loop to mono, so it must be very good one to keep some quality once converted

Quote from: Napalm Nick on April 14, 2015, 08:16:04 AM
I've got a guitar
https://www.youtube.com/v/PR6S74IVHWs

lol, i also have a guitar, but i cant imagine getting a 500cc sound from there  ;D

Eagle

But you can get some good i44s sounds with an electric guitar ! o/

Eagle

Since a few i searched a way of reproducing 2 strokes sounds.

I'll try merging and lowerize the volume of i3 (and maybe i4) sounds from tdu with gpb single2s ones (once i have recorded them). I hope it'll be good enough.

Alone

Quote from: Warlock on April 14, 2015, 01:09:09 PM
I didn't forget you Alone, i've been 2 weeks searching for a usefull dyno run on a 500cc,......no luck  ::)
The video you posted has a good quality sound, but is useless because has no steady acceleration on load, thats why i posted with the requeriments of the dyno run.
I have to try with the granular thing though, with this one..... but i can download sounds from youtube videos only, i can't with this one, any thoughts?

I know that you never forget, mate  :) , just joking  ;D . I´m a little stuck anyway. I have no idea how to DL sounds from other videos outside youtube.

Hawk

Quote from: Alone on April 14, 2015, 02:26:47 PM

I know that you never forget, mate  :) , just joking  ;D . I´m a little stuck anyway. I have no idea how to DL sounds from other videos outside youtube.

I think if you the record the video with MSI Afterburner, and then import it into a video editing suit, you can then save the sound file as a dedicated sound file you can then work with in a sound editing suite?

Just a thought.  ;)

Hawk.

Warlock

Thanks Hawk i'll give it a try.
Quote from: Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) on April 14, 2015, 01:37:23 PM
Since a few i searched a way of reproducing 2 strokes sounds.

I'll try merging and lowerize the volume of i3 (and maybe i4) sounds from tdu with gpb single2s ones (once i have recorded them). I hope it'll be good enough.

i3 and i4 ?  what is that ?  ??? lol

Eagle

April 14, 2015, 08:38:28 PM #12 Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 08:41:22 PM by Wh1t34Gl3(SAS)
Inline 3 and 4. I might not get the exact sound, but a similar one.

Warlock

Ah cool, ... I try with any single sound i can get a steady run from, even a chainsaw lol  ;D and RC plane engines.
I got somewhere close with these ones, but not enough for my taste.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk UK on April 14, 2015, 07:57:51 PM
Quote from: Alone on April 14, 2015, 02:26:47 PM

I think if you the record the video with MSI Afterburner, and then import it into a video editing suit, you can then save the sound file as a dedicated sound file you can then work with in a sound editing suite?
That's definitely possible, but the end result is crap.

You take the original sound, you record it the right way (let's assume), but then this goes into a youtube video, meaning the audio is some crappy compressed format. Now you take this and you resample t back to a .wav, then you apply all the processing to make it usable and ... and you get crap. Plus a tons of your time wasted :)

MaX.