• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:03:12 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Marquez breaks little finger

Started by Ian, April 25, 2015, 10:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

I think the truth is that Marquez has been riding his luck.... Now he needs to get a brain and start to ride with some intelligence if he's to become one of the all time greats. That performance last Sunday was just sheer idiocy on his part.. What a plonker!  ::)

Marquez still has a lot to learn to beat the "Doctor" at his best. :P

Hawk.

VR46nz

I don't think his rookie championship and then defending it with 10 straight wins can be called 'luck' in any form whatsoever. He's on the limit every race weekend. Sure, that means that sooner or later something will happen, and it did in Argentina. But that's how he rides. Granted, he should have known that Rossi would swing out on the throttle. Too aggressive that time. And as the commentators said last week, Marquez has been involved in a few of those incidents in the premier class the other way around (with Marquez 'capitalising' you could say). Jerez 2013, Aragon 2013, and recently taking out Bautista in Qatar.

That qualifying performance in Texas was absolutely amazing. He's arguably the best rider on the grid at the moment. He has room for improvement, but you can't discount his accomplishments so far and attribute them to luck.

HornetMaX

To me it is true Marquez has been lucky, but not in the sense that his results are due to luck, more in the sense that on some occasion he went horribly close to a catastrophe (and in most of the occasion, the risk was not justified).

Now, from that to say that he has a lot to learn from Rossi ... well, something maybe, a lot I'm not so sure. And the opposite is also true, Rossi has something to learn from Marquez too. Actually, I think that Rossi has indeed been learning from Marquez and that explains (at least partially) his comeback. Even if I'm not the ultimate Rossi supporter, I do admire the fact that at his age and with all his trophies at home, he's still open to learn from others. That's remarkable.

MaX.

Hawk

Firstly I didn't say anything about Marquez learning anything from the Doctor. Secondly I certainly didn't say Marquez's achievements have been down to total luck either.  :P

Basically what I'm saying, in my opinion, is that Marquez rides like a guy who doesn't believe he'll hurt himself if he makes a mistake... He's reckless and very much riding his luck in that way. Hopefully now Rossi is on a machine that can compete, he'll teach him a few important lessons about racing, like he did last time out. That was an absolute CLASSIC!!  ;D ;D

This season will hopefully teach Marquez that he cannot ride 10/10ths of his ability all the time and get away with it anymore like he has been doing. Only when he learns that lesson will he have the potential to become one of the all time greats.  :)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Hawk UK on April 26, 2015, 03:24:15 PM
.... Marquez rides like a guy who doesn't believe he'll hurt himself if he makes a mistake... .

I remember saying the same thing to my dear old Dad two seasons ago. Fortunately I think/hope his skills have replaced his luck!  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Basically what I'm saying, in my opinion, is that Marquez rides like a guy who doesn't believe he'll hurt himself if he makes a mistake... He's reckless and very much riding his luck in that way.

Well, given how much you love the 500cc era (which was pretty dense in terms of reckless riders), you should love him too :)

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 26, 2015, 08:01:48 PM
Basically what I'm saying, in my opinion, is that Marquez rides like a guy who doesn't believe he'll hurt himself if he makes a mistake... He's reckless and very much riding his luck in that way.

Well, given how much you love the 500cc era (which was pretty dense in terms of reckless riders), you should love him too :)

MaX.

If Marquez could ride a Classic 500cc GP bike(which I doubt) to the same standard he rides these modern MotoGP micky mouse bikes then I have to agree with you Max. But I guess we'll never find that out because the factories will never let these guys race each other in a Classic GP500 race, even if it was only a one off exhibition race for the fans.  :P

Don't get me wrong.... I think Marquez is a rare "modern" talent. I just think he still needs to temper that talent before he shows his true potential to become one of the all time greats like Rossi has already proved himself to be. But he can never be regarded as good a rider as Rossi is simply because Rossi has 9 world titles through both 2 stroke and 4 stroke era's; Marquez will never be able to surpass that achievement.  Rossi is probably the greatest Motorcycle Grand Prix rider there has ever been and has the record to prove it.  :P :)

Hawk.

WALKEN

When Valentino retires so does the passion in my heart! There will never be another Rossi for my era, impossible.

I am saddened by the death of Marco Simoncelli as he brought life to a stagnate sport which use to be more exciting in the 500cc era. Marc is great for the modern sport! Every rider is important to the sport, even Clutchblow. 

Love'em or hate'em deep down we love them all.     
Help me, help you!

matty0l215

Quote from: WALKEN on April 26, 2015, 10:28:07 PM
Every rider is important to the sport, even Clutchblow. 

You leave crutchblow, im mean low, alone :P

He made good a crap situation at Ducati and he's not doing terrible at LCR ;D
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

WALKEN

lol, hey almost, coulda, woulda, shoulda  ;)
Help me, help you!

VR46nz

You could be right, but in any case it has paid off for him so far, at least for the last two years. Maybe he has finally found the absolute limit to his craziness that will yield him results. Will he tone it down from here, considering his injury? We'll find out this weekend. Can't wait :)

Quote from: Hawk UK on April 26, 2015, 10:15:49 PM
If Marquez could ride a Classic 500cc GP bike(which I doubt) to the same standard he rides these modern MotoGP micky mouse bikes then I have to agree with you Max. But I guess we'll never find that out because the factories will never let these guys race each other in a Classic GP500 race, even if it was only a one off exhibition race for the fans.  :P

Don't get me wrong.... I think Marquez is a rare "modern" talent. I just think he still needs to temper that talent before he shows his true potential to become one of the all time greats like Rossi has already proved himself to be. But he can never be regarded as good a rider as Rossi is simply because Rossi has 9 world titles through both 2 stroke and 4 stroke era's; Marquez will never be able to surpass that achievement.  Rossi is probably the greatest Motorcycle Grand Prix rider there has ever been and has the record to prove it.  :P :)

Good point. Rossi has 500cc, 800cc, 990cc under his belt not to mention riding for Honda, Yamaha and Ducati in the modern era.

Hawk

Quote from: matty0l215 on April 26, 2015, 10:40:19 PM
Every rider is important to the sport, even Clutchblow. 

You leave crutchblow, im mean low, alone :P

He made good a crap situation at Ducati and he's not doing terrible at LCR ;D

Quote from: WALKEN on April 26, 2015, 11:08:10 PM
lol, hey almost, coulda, woulda, shoulda  ;)

LOL!!  ;D

Hawk

Quote from: VR46nz on April 26, 2015, 11:09:30 PM

You could be right, but in any case it has paid off for him so far, at least for the last two years. Maybe he has finally found the absolute limit to his craziness that will yield him results. Will he tone it down from here, considering his injury? We'll find out this weekend. Can't wait :)

Good point. Rossi has 500cc, 800cc, 990cc under his belt not to mention riding for Honda, Yamaha and Ducati in the modern era.

Yeah, can't wait to see this coming weekends race also.... Should be another classic if Marquez can get himself fit enough. But I would suspect it'll take another two races before Marquez will be able to ride without any hindrance from his finger injury unless the doctor numbs his finger for the race?  :)

Hawk.
PS: Not forgetting the 125cc and 250cc world champs Rossi has also won in 1997 and 1999 respectively I believe? ;) ;D

HornetMaX

Classical argument. First you doubt he could, then you said anyway we'll never find out.
I'm more open, who knows. 500cc riders were not an alien breed, at least no more than others that came later.

Mickey mouse bikes ... yeah sure ... come on man, you're smarter than that ...

Marquez will never be able to surpass that achievement.
That's exactly what others were saying about Rossi when he started, or Schumacher when he started ...
Time moves forward (and only forward), but some people seem to have a problem with that. I call them the "romantic".

When Valentino retires so does the passion in my heart! There will never be another Rossi for my era, impossible.
Same as above :)

Rossi is probably the greatest Motorcycle Grand Prix rider there has ever been and has the record to prove it.  :P :)
I can agree no problem on that, especially from the results point of view. But surely the fact he also won on 500cc is not a factor for me.
He's good because he's good, not bacause he won on 500cc bikes. Plenty of less good riders did it.

MaX.

P.S.
Nobody aged 70 or more saying that 500cc rider were sissies riding with silly helmets, while previous era riders were real men with no helmet at all ?