• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:29:28 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Read this: Safety during races

Started by fabio93bg, April 29, 2015, 11:54:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fabio93bg

Hi all guys! i wanted to say something about yesterday' s race and races in general until now.
We saw a lot of thing that have to stop. some episodes that are not allowed. Is normal to do mistakes sometimes, we all mistake, but if a rider cant keep a clean line in a turn (or all the turns) for example, he cant correct the line without looking at the other riders that are with him and maybe are trying to pass him, it' s top dangerous. Yesterday's race starts were orribile (especially race 2). For example i decided to be extremely carefull to not fall and stay where i could with the first riders, but a lot of riders behind seemed to play bowling, and they made me fall. So careful guys, in every moment especially in race starts. It' s just an advice, but from the next race there will be decisions about things like these. Just image you are on a real bike, pay attention to all around you

JJS209

i can understand you, just watched the replay of race2.

fabio93bg

Yes i know XD but it' s not only for me, it's for the beauty of racing and rules ;)

BOBR6 84

I was knocked off in qualifying on my flying lap..
The guy behind seemed a bit faster but... Trying to go up the inside of me didnt work and we both crashed!

In qualifying it can be frustrating but, you have to find your own space.. If a pass is risky you should think about sacraficing the lap.. A slower rider still has right of way if in front!

Im not complaining.. Just pointing it out.  ;)

JJS209

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on April 29, 2015, 02:59:09 PM
A slower rider still has right of way if in front!

Just pointing it out.  ;)
good point ;)

Hawk

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on April 29, 2015, 02:59:09 PM
I was knocked off in qualifying on my flying lap..
The guy behind seemed a bit faster but... Trying to go up the inside of me didnt work and we both crashed!

In qualifying it can be frustrating but, you have to find your own space.. If a pass is risky you should think about sacraficing the lap.. A slower rider still has right of way if in front!

Im not complaining.. Just pointing it out.  ;)

+1

From my experience of participating in most races,  a lot of the problems of crashing into others comes from faster riders coming upon the slower guys.  So that is a good point made there Bob!  ;)

Hawk.

nuovaic

Starts can be awkward too, some guys have practiced lots and know how to get a fast smooth start, others, well, we've all seen it and probably done it, bogged down or wheelying, resulting in an immediate speed difference that's impossible to predict. Also braking point for that first corner is different on the first lap, some forget..
All in all, without a class or licence system then the mixed skills in these races will always produce these problems.

Napalm Nick

Very much agree with you there nuovaic,

Maybe when the field is bigger we can split up the classes a bit.  I mean that's why I won't race in the SBK class yet cos I haven't got the skills and I worry about ruining someones day. Then again if I don't race I don't build the skills.
So some tolerance is needed at the moment I think or just tell us 'slows' we aren't welcome  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

JJS209

a 2-wave-start like in roadraces with a flagman/girl runing thru the grid :)

Napalm Nick

Quote from: JJS209 on April 29, 2015, 06:46:02 PM
a 2-wave-start like in roadraces with a flagman/girl runing thru the grid :)
yesss please  8) hehe
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

fabio93bg

OK, differences in experience etc... it' s right. but a little bit more of attemtion and care would be already a step. i Aldo didn' t know where to brake in the first corner, but with attention i could do it, until the bowling fact XD

nuovaic

Yes indeed, more care and attention needed from all riders.

Currently it is difficult to see which rider is not so skilled, until it is too late!
We should maybe have an orange jersey system for future races - if one could be made to add on to a riders suit that we could all download - then if the rider cannot make a certain lap time (or better still, a 3 consecutive lap time), he has to wear it for that race. Then the faster riders will have more chance to see and avoid the slower riders.

Or better still, at least for now, split the racing into different servers based on skill level. Then all riders will have more enjoyment and closer racing.

Anyway, we need some agreed system in place before Piboso gets the online issues fixed, because at that point proper racing can begin!

Napalm Nick

April 30, 2015, 01:04:33 PM #12 Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 01:27:53 PM by Napalm Nick
Yes take care - pretend its gonna fekin hurt if you mess up is a good strategy.

The way the 'cut' is currently made in most championships - top 24 on moto-online website is already a good way?
It could be made to the top 10 or even top 5 to trim it further but surely the top 24 gives a full grid?.  If the top 24 are too spread out in ability (let's not forget some ride onboard view/dst etc) then maybe trim it. At this stage, where we struggle to even get 24 I would of thought getting as many in the race to have a bit of fun together would be the main aim.  8)
Getting everyone who buys the game to wear an orange jersey??
Having said that the racers amongst us who want competition at a refined level now just have to say and I'm sure a server can be setup. I agree, for me it would also be nice knowing I had a chance of a podium rather than just being 'filler' for the same people to enjoy the wins each time but while numbers are low its a sacrifice I'm happy to make cos Im having fun.

JJS209

i dont think that we should split the grid.
just take care, follow the rules and respect others.

Hawk

April 30, 2015, 04:24:17 PM #14 Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 04:27:03 PM by Hawk UK
Quote from: JJS209 on April 30, 2015, 01:32:58 PM
i dont think that we should split the grid.
just take care, follow the rules and respect others.

+1 I agree. No need for split grids or seperate races.

The day-glow novice shirt is a pretty good idea Nuovaic for riders who lap below a certain time.  ;)
I remember wearing one of those when I first started racing... You can't miss them! Hehe  ;D

But really, the rate your catching another rider up on track should tell you that you need to start thinking about taking care when you approach and attempt to overtake that rider. Common sense really.  The very same as you would do in real life in the same circumstances. :P

Hawk.