• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

POLL: Are you a 32 bit or 64 bit user for GPB?

Started by Hawk, May 05, 2015, 12:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you use a 32 bit or 64 bit system for GPB? (Select 2 options from below.)

32 bit CPU and OS
64 bit CPU and OS
Windows System
Apple Mac System
Linux System

Hawk

We are trying to find out whether the Community is using 32 bit CPU's and OS, or 64 bit CPU's and OS for using GPBikes.

Likewise we are trying to find out how many are using Windows OS(Operating System), or Apple Mac OS(Operating System) for running GP Bikes?

Please vote by selecting the two options that apply to your circumstance. Thank you.  ;D 8)

The results will be interesting......

Hawk.

HornetMaX

I can save you the trouble: go here Steam Hardware & Software Survey: April 2015 and click on "OS version" in the list at the bottom of the page.

In a nutshell: 14% still on 32bit Windows (which btw is less than what I was expecting).

MaX.

P.S.
You put Mac as an option and no Linux ? I know some members here that could kill you for that :)

RiccoChicco

Quote from: HornetMaX on May 05, 2015, 03:21:51 PM
You put Mac as an option and no Linux ? I know some members here that could kill you for that :)

Linux users are a bit smarter : they know that if they want to play, they install Windows.

Mac users are slightly different : "Wut, no OSX version? That's a shitty software!"

Don't feed the troll, I'm a Mac user   ;D

About having GPB/KRP/WRS/MXB OSX or Linux version is IMO a bad idea. It will not bring a lot of users compared to the time needed to port it. All this time would be more useful to correct bugs and add functionalities to the original platform.

LOOPATELI

I'm on a 64bit MacOS.

Unfortunately this is my one and only laptop (neither a desktop) so I have to run GPB with a Windows Bootcamp installation

Hawk

May 05, 2015, 05:33:50 PM #4 Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 05:40:50 PM by Hawk UK
I can save you the trouble: go here Steam Hardware & Software Survey: April 2015 and click on "OS version" in the list at the bottom of the page.

In a nutshell: 14% still on 32bit Windows (which btw is less than what I was expecting).

MaX.

P.S.

Your correct. I totally forgot about Linux users.... Though I doubt they would make a dint in the figures. LOL  ;D

14% still on 32 bit systems is not surprising to me at all to be honest; I had a feeling it would be a low figure simply because gamers and especially sim users want power and speed which is something you won't get with 32 bit systems.

It will just be interesting to see how many who are using GPB are still using old 32 bit hardware.  ;)

Quote from: RiccoChicco on May 05, 2015, 04:09:21 PM

Linux users are a bit smarter : they know that if they want to play, they install Windows.

Mac users are slightly different : "Wut, no OSX version? That's a shitty software!"

Don't feed the troll, I'm a Mac user   ;D

About having GPB/KRP/WRS/MXB OSX or Linux version is IMO a bad idea. It will not bring a lot of users compared to the time needed to port it. All this time would be more useful to correct bugs and add functionalities to the original platform.

I agree Ricco.  ;)

This is why I have no sympathy for Mac users who complain either. They buy an Apple Mac and then complain like hell they cannot play a lot of games and software.... Errr why not buy the system(ie: Windows) that can run 99.99999% of all software on the market in the first place then they'd have no reasons to complain. Lol. :P  8)
I know there are Windows Emulators like Loopa has stated above, but all emulators will pull down your system resources and speed to a certain degree, so it's not an ideal solution.

Hawk.
PS: Lets see if I can modify this Poll.... If not then it'll have to stay as it is.  :)

HornetMaX

Quote from: RiccoChicco on May 05, 2015, 04:09:21 PM
I tend to agree that it is probably not worth, but there's one thing that is true (and if I recall correctly, Piboso said it too a while ago): porting the game to Linux/Mac can help finding bugs.

MaX.

finpower

Whoever finds google translator errors, can keep them
Intel Core i7 4770 CPU 3.40 GHz 64 Bit Windows 10
Nvidia GeForse GTX 760

LOOPATELI

I'm not on an emulator, is just a partition running windows. As any pc, but with apple hardware

HornetMaX

Quote from: LOOPATELI on May 05, 2015, 08:43:58 PM
I'm not on an emulator, is just a partition running windows. As any pc, but with apple hardware
You meant Intel and AMD/Nvidia hardare, right ? :)

MaX.

LOOPATELI

Yes yes, I mean apple as the package, but of course with intel i7 and hd4000

Hawk

Quote from: LOOPATELI on May 05, 2015, 08:43:58 PM

Sorry Loopa.... My mistake mate.  ;) 8)

Hawk.

JJS209

So we have now 5,26% 32-bit users. woop woop!  ::)

Boerenlater

I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

HornetMaX

Quote from: Boerenlater on May 12, 2015, 10:31:33 AM
People still use 32 bit windows??
14% according to latest steam hardware survey.

Will go down with time (even if even Win10 will exist in both 32 and 64 bits ...).

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on May 12, 2015, 10:45:04 AM
Quote from: Boerenlater on May 12, 2015, 10:31:33 AM
People still use 32 bit windows??
14% according to latest steam hardware survey.

Will go down with time (even if even Win10 will exist in both 32 and 64 bits ...).

MaX.

I think 14% virtually establishes that the 32bit users are practically dead in the water as far as catering for in any future game developments.

Hawk.