• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:47:20 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Redirecting RIDE users to here

Started by pleclair, May 12, 2015, 01:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alone

JUST FOR TEST!!!

Test msm 125 rr 07. DL the attachment, save the original .geom file and put this to test.

This is NOT a solution, only a CAREFREE® ACTI-FRESH®  ;D

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on May 19, 2015, 10:30:52 AM
Quote from: Blackheart on May 19, 2015, 09:07:13 AM
We Italians never lose the front!  ;D

Hahaha yes I wonder if maybe Italians are born with Pirelli's instead of feet lol
I actually have a pair of bike shoes (TCX, which is italian) with Michelin sole (guess Pirelli asked too much mark-up).
They grip fine once warmed up, the problem is I'm always asking myself if I'm using the right pressure :)

Marketing powaaaaaaa !!!!

MaX.

Napalm Nick

Heehee.

And I thought the Michelin man had 're-tyred'.   

Boooom booom!   ;D
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on May 19, 2015, 08:52:15 PM
And I thought the Michelin man had 're-tyred'.   

ROFL !!

They are back into motogp action soon, no ?

MaX.

Napalm Nick

I think next year, yes, maybe only them
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

BOBR6 84

Hmmm why michelin? Any more info?

Napalm Nick

The tender for who wants to be the official supplier for 2016 went out and only Michelin bothered to make a claim for it  :o

Not sure what Valentino is going to do now as he was Bridgestones chief feedback giver.

I think Max should advise Michelin  :D

HornetMaX

I think Rossi has good memories of Michelin too (tyres built from quali session data, just in time for sunday race, giving Michelin riders a nice advantage), so I don't expect any major problem for him.
Anyway, he'd probably be OK even if they were running on iron tyres.

MaX.

BOBR6 84

Quote from: Alone on May 19, 2015, 11:56:45 AM
JUST FOR TEST!!!

Test msm 125 rr 07. DL the attachment, save the original .geom file and put this to test.

This is NOT a solution, only a CAREFREE® ACTI-FRESH®  ;D

Much better  ;D

C21

QuoteAnyway I took some time to refresh my mind with all the bikes..

I think all the mod bikes are very good! The wsbk's have a very good stable front end even around tight slow corners.. (something to do with what oDi tweaked on the virtual rider??) Deffinately a different style of control needed with these bikes though! Especially on the throttle... Its very good.

The default bikes..

The varese 500 feels like riding a bus.. It wont turn.

The 125 just falls over with 1degree of lean angle..

The 990 I quite like.. But after riding some mod bikes it feels like it understeers too!

All the default bikes can be improved messing around with setups but its not enough!

So yes, the base default bikes/physics need alot of work, especially with the fact they showcase the sim in the demo..

But I enjoy the mod bikes so much that I dont even care lol  ;D

Everybody has a different view but personally I think the italian guys are doing a fantastic job with the bikes/physics and the CAWS team too! hopefully all these guys can work WITH piboso to improve the base content!  ;) at the moment everything seems completely random and split..

100% agree
BUT
What will be GPB without MOD Bikes??
Do you think that the big community will be that big without the mods?
I presume NO! (and that´s a BIG NOOO).
I had an outtime from GBP for nearly 6 month now ( to be honest i did not miss GPB in that time  ???)
Now i take a look again hoping B7 will be not only update the netcode but also some physic "bugs".
As already stated before:
GPB should not rely on the Modder. The basic construct/game must be enjoyable without MODS!
I still like GPB/MXB because its the only Bike simulation out there....but to be honest i wouldn´t play GPB without Mods anymore....
Even it is the best and only bike simulator out there i would chose another game for the joy of fun.
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

JamoZ

Quote from: C21 on May 21, 2015, 08:49:44 AM
QuoteAnyway I took some time to refresh my mind with all the bikes..

I think all the mod bikes are very good! The wsbk's have a very good stable front end even around tight slow corners.. (something to do with what oDi tweaked on the virtual rider??) Deffinately a different style of control needed with these bikes though! Especially on the throttle... Its very good.

The default bikes..

The varese 500 feels like riding a bus.. It wont turn.

The 125 just falls over with 1degree of lean angle..

The 990 I quite like.. But after riding some mod bikes it feels like it understeers too!

All the default bikes can be improved messing around with setups but its not enough!

So yes, the base default bikes/physics need alot of work, especially with the fact they showcase the sim in the demo..

But I enjoy the mod bikes so much that I dont even care lol  ;D

Everybody has a different view but personally I think the italian guys are doing a fantastic job with the bikes/physics and the CAWS team too! hopefully all these guys can work WITH piboso to improve the base content!  ;) at the moment everything seems completely random and split..

100% agree
BUT
What will be GPB without MOD Bikes??
Do you think that the big community will be that big without the mods?
I presume NO! (and that´s a BIG NOOO).
I had an outtime from GBP for nearly 6 month now ( to be honest i did not miss GPB in that time  ???)
Now i take a look again hoping B7 will be not only update the netcode but also some physic "bugs".
As already stated before:
GPB should not rely on the Modder. The basic construct/game must be enjoyable without MODS!
I still like GPB/MXB because its the only Bike simulation out there....but to be honest i wouldn´t play GPB without Mods anymore....
Even it is the best and only bike simulator out there i would chose another game for the joy of fun.

doubledragoncc

Sorry to say but its so true. With the standard demo bike being hard for new customers that dont understand how GPB is, a bike thats hard to keep up is an automatic put off. If the modders can make bikes that handle, why cant Piboso do the same?

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

JJS209

Quote from: doubledragoncc on May 21, 2015, 11:21:15 AM
Sorry to say but its so true. With the standard demo bike being hard for new customers that dont understand how GPB is, a bike thats hard to keep up is an automatic put off. If the modders can make bikes that handle, why cant Piboso do the same?

DD
absolute agree with that. gpb is not playable with standardbikes in beta6c.
a result of this is a damn long manual for newcomers (plugins, xinput, bikesets, tracks,...).
and this long manual/configuration is also a barrier for new riders...

C21

agree and disagree  :)

GPB is a long and hard way for users liking the arcade style of MGP13,....SBKX,...
As i started with GPB in Beta4 i get really frustrated at the beginning because it was really hard to ride one full lap.
And i started with the MSM125 and the demo version.
But i also felt the realism "behind" GPB and kept on trying and trying, lap after lap.
As i feld comfortable i bought the license and still not regret it.
I was glad like a baby as a continued 5 consistend laps without a fall and joint the HL servers and Training servers.
It´s a hard way to go but it was worth the effort (until B6c araised)...
But you must a have a big tendency for real sims to like GPB and stay at it.
If i like to have fun without much training i still play my career in XXX13. Not as real as GBP but fun to play (until i get shot by the damn AI) and not that timeconsuming and nerve attacking  :D
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

JJS209

hmm for me there are two different species of GPB users.
on the one hand there are riders who know how to ride motorcycles on-/offtrack and on the other hand there is the gamerfraction.
i think its less hard to ride a full lap for someone who knows how real motorcycles behave as for a acradegamer.