• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:26:34 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Noob greetings....

Started by CapeDoctor, May 21, 2015, 01:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

LOL Nick..............how I wish I could just give them away. Now if I was rich!lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

HornetMaX

Quote from: The Cape Doctor on May 22, 2015, 10:40:05 AM
Max, I am honestly very surprised to hear that, mate - during the time I have been searching for this, which is going on two years now, I have found most reviews to be very favorable, concerning the Thrustmaster?
I don't doubt it. I mean, if RIDE can be marketed as a simulator, everything is possible.

Feel free to get one Freestyler and report back to us. Just don't say we haven't warned you :)

MaX.

CapeDoctor

lolz, thanks MaX, the thing is impossible to find, anyway, so i guess it matters little.
i'm going ahead and ordering the Logitech gamepad for now... :D
maybe one day i'll muster up the courage to dismantle my G25 and convert it into a bike controller.
but that's something for another day...  8)

teeds

Hi capeD and welcome.

Get a set of handle bars or a similarly shaped object and gaffa tape/cable tie it to the bottom of your G27 wheel then set the wheel to a low rotation and hit the track ;) Only thing to get used to then is the foot controls for throttle and brake.

Napalm Nick

Its because of people like Teeds, the human race got to the moon.

Now I have this copper pipe / steering wheel thought process in my head. And my head mulls things over for days.

Off to the garage - back later.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

CapeDoctor

funny you should mention that, teeds - i was just thinking along very similar lines - if i can MacGyver some clip-on handlebars onto my wheel, it should do the trick - better still if i can take it a step further, and somehow rig the throttle/brake to this as well.
that strange clunking sound you might be hearing are my cranium cogs trying to think laterally, lol.....  8)

davidboda46

Yeah, just build one out of (s)crap,  :P Like I did http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=1544.0. I've done a few small updates since the pics, but it is still basically the same. And you would be surprise at how good it actually works, well maybe not if I compare lap times with the really fast guys, but the feel is excellent... And it all cost me about 25 dollars or so... Other people here have also built their own rigs, most of them much prettier than mine  ;D

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"