• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

add debug stream option

Started by h106frp, May 25, 2015, 10:57:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

h106frp

It has struck me as odd that as we are all beta code testers the running games do not seem to output any debug info after a core.exe crash. I guess core.exe errors are just untrapped code bugs or due to unexpected events occurring outside the GPB engine (network probs). It is usual to log these to find the patterns that caused them and resolve the code problems.

Is it possible to generate a circular buffer type debug stream (say the last minute) that the developers might use to resolve some of the issues. An event like the owner club race seems ideal as a tool to track down the problems.

Napalm Nick

+1
And I would be thrilled to actually be able to do some work in the name of development :D
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

There was some debug network code that Piboso asked us to run many, many moons ago before the this new forum started, so I guess seeing as Piboso hasn't asked us to do similar since that time that he has the required information, or knows that he needs to develop another debug tool before he can sort the issue. I'm sure if ever Piboso requires our help he will surely ask us.  :)

Hawk.