• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Who uses Traction Control?

Started by Vini, June 01, 2015, 11:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you use any TCS on SBK or MotoGP bikes?

Yes
15 (62.5%)
No
9 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Vini

I am interested in how many people here use TCS.

RIDER

I like a little bit until I learn a bike/circuit. For bumpy/slick circuits or Motogp bikes it's a good safety net, so i'll leave it on but fairly low.

Warlock

BOBR6 84

Yes and no lol. Really depends but mainly no!

Big yes with the SBK bikes though!

Vini

I am specifically interested in the TCS usage on the 800 and 1000cc bikes (with qualy engine mapping).

C21

June 02, 2015, 06:41:28 AM #5 Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 06:34:51 AM by C21
I couldn´t use the qualy engine map on the Gp12 at all. I´m slower with the qualy map as with the race map.
I definitive use the TCS , AW on the GP12 but i´m still experimenting knowing that the fastest riders did not use much TCS or AW at all  ;)
Think you should rename the Topic to "Who uses TC on the MotoGP Bikes?"
It still depends on the bike!

[OT]
For my taste the TC is by now not close to reality:
- in MotoGP you can adjust the TC for every gear!
- TC mostly used in gear 1-4 (depending on track)
- the "sample rate" (i will call it that way) of the Murusama TC is way to low (don´t know how to describe it better)
- These things should be updated in future betas.
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Vini

Quote from: C21 on June 02, 2015, 06:41:28 AM
- the "sampe rate" (i will call it that way) of the Murusama TC is way to low (don´t know how to describe it better)
You really think the sample rate is too low?
Listen to the Ducati: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAefoAkoF8g

...Changed the Poll.

Hawk

Personally I like to use bikes without TC because the engine cutting in and out while controlling the traction puts me off.

But also I would've thought that the modern MotoGP bikes would be almost unridable without using TC, so begs the question do we have the GPB MotoGP bike physics file setup correctly?

I could well be wrong.... but would be good to hear from anyone who has had experience riding a modern MotoGP bike to establish whether this would be so?

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk UK on June 02, 2015, 06:58:51 PM
But also I would've thought that the modern MotoGP bikes would be almost unridable without using TC, so begs the question do we have the GPB MotoGP bike physics file setup correctly?

I could well be wrong.... but would be good to hear from anyone who has had experience riding a modern MotoGP bike to establish whether this would be so?

Wait, let me email Vale and Marc ... :)

I don't think modern bikes are unrideable without TC ... you'd "just" have to be much more careful opening the throttle in some situations.

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 02, 2015, 07:23:54 PM
Quote from: Hawk UK on June 02, 2015, 06:58:51 PM

Wait, let me email Vale and Marc ... :)

I don't think modern bikes are unrideable without TC ... you'd "just" have to be much more careful opening the throttle in some situations.

MaX.
Lol... I didn't realise you walked in such high places Max!  Can you get me an autograph too?! ;D
I'm always an optimist Max, and you never know... we might just have a MotoGP rider in our midsts..... Somewhere?  ;D

In answer to your second paragraph: That also begs the question that if the bikes are rideable without TC then why on earth do they have it?

Hawk.

BOBR6 84

I think for qualifying some riders turn TC right down in motogp.. Turn it up for the race to manage the tyres and probably fuel.

In GPB I think the 990 handles alot better (more stable) without TC.. Seems too agressive cutting in/out..

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk UK on June 02, 2015, 07:43:49 PM
In answer to your second paragraph: That also begs the question that if the bikes are rideable without TC then why on earth do they have it?
Simply because with it they can go faster.

MaX.

Vini

HornetMaX

Quote from: vin97 on June 02, 2015, 10:10:52 PM
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2013/Sep/120918mq2s.htm
Yeah ... sort of ... that's the very same guy that a few weeks ago declared himself very deceived that Honda didn't call him to replace Pedrosa ...

He's one of my fav riders of all times, but sometimes his declarations kinda stink ...

MaX.

Napalm Nick

Nice link maybe he should try just the mere 260bhp and no electronics first see how that goes.

I feel smoke being blown .....

Mind you 750cc 2 strokes - yummy  :o
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"