• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 05:43:23 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Who uses Traction Control?

Started by Vini, June 01, 2015, 11:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you use any TCS on SBK or MotoGP bikes?

Yes
15 (62.5%)
No
9 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Hawk

Quote from: C21 on June 03, 2015, 11:00:34 AM
QuoteThis is the exact reason I advocate that if you crash during a race you out..... This would stop the kamakazi attitude and make riders a lot more weary of falling off just as in real life. I honestly think that the respawn in races is VERY arcady and doesn't belong in a sim game at all. Contraversial? Yes, but I guess only those who like games like RIDE would not like this at all?  :P ::)

But I would also stress that until we have bike physics that are very accurate and stable and track surfaces that allow for a stable ride I can understand the current need for respawn, but once GPB is fully developed I would certainly like to see the respawn in races dropped altogether to stop this gamey kamakazi rider attitude.

i disagree in that case.
like in real life it should depend on the damage on the bike.
If you have a lowside on a slow corner you should be able to pick up the bike and reenter the race (respawn).
At higher speeds (highside in 200km/H corne) the game should be finished  :)

Well I wouldn't disagree with your disagreement so long as bike damage was also built into GPB for any crashes; after all, brake and clutch levers, footrests, even fairings can be damaged in slow accidents to the extent that the bike cannot continue safely. But simple respawn as it is now should eventually upon full GPB dev, stop in my opinion.

Nicely qualified disagreement there C21.  ;)

Hawk.
Does your disagreement mean your a RIDE fan? Lol. (Maybe not as you didn't really completely disagree.) :P ;D

C21

Well I wouldn't disagree with your disagreement so long as bike damage was also built into GPB for any crashes; after all, brake and clutch levers, footrests, even fairings can be damaged in slow accidents to the extent that the bike cannot continue safely. But simple respawn as it is now should eventually upon full GPB dev, stop in my opinion.
Bike damage is part of a simulation isn´t it?  :)
Maybe we you agree on this:
1 respawn allowed per race.   ;)
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Napalm Nick

Like aliens I wasn't going to mention this, I had filed it under a brain trick, but then at one of our races Hawk said after he crashed the bike seemed un-rideable and I have thought that a few times too (losing the front continuously)?

Should I wrap that thought back up and deny everything or is there something in it?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

June 03, 2015, 12:20:31 PM #33 Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 05:48:44 PM by HornetMaX
Quote from: Stout Johnson on June 03, 2015, 10:24:30 AM
Also, riding a modern-motogp-class bike in GPB without TC should be pretty much a suicide commando, just like irl.
I disagree: (top) riders rode 500cc 2-strokes bikes with stupid power delivery without TC. So a modern 4-stroke is definitely doable. With care, but doable :)

MaX.

EdouardB

Yeah, in fact Casey Stoner (and sometimes Rossi) used to disconnect TC completely for qualifying a few years back so no TC is OK for a GP rider. Nowadays though, it's so sophisticated and smooth that they're actually faster with it so they keep it even in qualifying (but I do suspect Marquez removes it sometimes).

To be honest I think in GP bikes the TC model is much less smooth than a modern road bike is in real life... It cuts the ignition really hard in GP Bikes, kind of like the 2011 Kawasaki ZX10R (all my friends disconnect it for racing).

To be honest I'm maybe going to try a 2015 Yamaha R1 in 12 days at the track so maybe I can provide feedback but I'm not sure yet so I try not to get too excited :P

Hawk

June 03, 2015, 05:50:24 PM #35 Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 05:54:21 PM by Hawk UK
Quote from: C21 on June 03, 2015, 11:56:33 AM
Bike damage is part of a simulation isn´t it?  :)
Maybe we you agree on this:
1 respawn allowed per race.   ;)

Yes of course bike damage should be part of a simulation, but unfortunately crash damage is not in GPB at this time apart from engines blowing up.

I thought we'd already agreed with each other that when bike crash damage was implemented into GPB that respawn(hopefully with rider animated running back and picking the bike up and getting back onto his bike), and so long as the bike wasn't damaged from the crash, that was the only time a respawn(for want of a better word)as such should be allowed?  :)
But non of this will be a good thing until GPB is fully developed and stable. Let's wait and see what happens in future.  ;)

Hawk.

Hawk

Quote from: EdouardB on June 03, 2015, 01:38:42 PM
Yeah, in fact Casey Stoner (and sometimes Rossi) used to disconnect TC completely for qualifying a few years back so no TC is OK for a GP rider. Nowadays though, it's so sophisticated and smooth that they're actually faster with it so they keep it even in qualifying (but I do suspect Marquez removes it sometimes).

To be honest I think in GP bikes the TC model is much less smooth than a modern road bike is in real life... It cuts the ignition really hard in GP Bikes, kind of like the 2011 Kawasaki ZX10R (all my friends disconnect it for racing).

To be honest I'm maybe going to try a 2015 Yamaha R1 in 12 days at the track so maybe I can provide feedback but I'm not sure yet so I try not to get too excited :P

I really hope you do get a ride on the R1 Edouard. We really could do with some genuine feedback on these MOTOGP bikes. My fingers crossed for you mate... Good luck!!  ;D ;D 8)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk UK on June 03, 2015, 05:53:55 PM

I really hope you do get a ride on the R1 Edouard. We really could do with some genuine feedback on these MOTOGP bikes. My fingers crossed for you mate... Good luck!!  ;D ;D 8)
EdoaurdB said an R1, not an M1. So unless it's a typo, he'll "just" ride an R1 (maybe a race-spec SBK one, which should still be amazing).

I'd be utterly surprised if yamaha (or others) would allow "normal" people to try their motogp machines (not even the old ones).

MaX.

Hawk

Yes... my mistake Max.  :P :)

Hawk.

EdouardB

June 03, 2015, 08:42:00 PM #39 Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 08:52:01 PM by EdouardB
Yeah I was talking about the R1 which is about as close to motogp electronics as it gets without actually riding a motogp. The bike will be pretty close to standard, no wsbk spec.
I probably will never get a chance to ride a motogp bike (but I may ride a factory YZR500 at some point, depends how much my mechanic trusts me :-\ he owns 4 of them - probably never going to happen though :-()

Stout Johnson

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 03, 2015, 12:20:31 PM
Also, riding a modern-motogp-class bike in GPB without TC should be pretty much a suicide commando, just like irl.
I disagree: (top) riders rode 500cc 2-strokes bikes with stupid power delivery without TC. So a modern 4-stroke is definitely doable. With care, but doable :)

I should have known you would be taking my comment literally :) of course riding without TC is possible for professional riders. BUT riding competitively without TC AND trying to avoid regular reconstructional surgeries on several bones would be pretty much impossible. That is why I (along with some other) would welcome more realism in terms of crashes and corresponding results for the rider.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Hawk

Quote from: Stout Johnson on June 03, 2015, 09:01:59 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on June 03, 2015, 12:20:31 PM

I should have known you would be taking my comment literally :) of course riding without TC is possible for professional riders. BUT riding competitively without TC AND trying to avoid regular reconstructional surgeries on several bones would be pretty much impossible. That is why I (along with some other) would welcome more realism in terms of crashes and corresponding results for the rider.

Stoner agrees with us Stout, so I think we're on the right train of thought..... Scrap electronics on all racing bikes and lets get back to real man and machine racing, and if that means that riders cannot handle the current 4 stroke bikes then lets get back to real race bikes(2 Strokes  :P ). Controversy all around, but that's all that needs to be said. ;D

Hawk.

HornetMaX

2-strokes would need TC more than 4-strokes ...

MaX.

BOBR6 84

In GPB.. without TC the bike handles smoother and all feels quite nice.. With TC you can go faster and hang it out more... but if you get out of shape the TC works against you.. Thats how it seems to me anyway.

I bet Alibaskins used TC for his 1:25 lap at victoria!

Klax75

June 03, 2015, 09:52:16 PM #44 Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 09:54:08 PM by Klax75
Quote from: Hawk UK on June 03, 2015, 05:53:55 PM

Hawk.

MotoGP Yamaha is a M1, not a R1. They do use the R1 in WSBK STK1000. And next year maybe WSBK if when Yamaha brings back a factory team.

To slow Max answer. :)