• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Who uses Traction Control?

Started by Vini, June 01, 2015, 11:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you use any TCS on SBK or MotoGP bikes?

Yes
15 (62.5%)
No
9 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24

C21

QuoteOne useful thing (already requested): it would be nice to have indicators (on the dashboard, on the GUI, in the plugin interface) telling when AW and TC are actually cutting.
It would be nice to have an indicator in the physics debug mode to see when TC, AW,EB is active.....easier to mod the TC, AW,EB. Until now it´s only based on the replays and rider feelings.
Maybe later (Piboso) can add a small indicator in the GUI and dashboard telling TC is on.
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Vini

TC only cuts wheelies when the bike is still leaned over (which is the case coming out of most slow corners).
You have to push the bike but you can definitely see and hear it.

HornetMaX

Quote from: C21 on June 17, 2015, 11:17:49 AM
QuoteOne useful thing (already requested): it would be nice to have indicators (on the dashboard, on the GUI, in the plugin interface) telling when AW and TC are actually cutting.
It would be nice to have an indicator in the physics debug mode to see when TC, AW,EB is active.....easier to mod the TC, AW,EB. Until now it´s only based on the replays and rider feelings.
Maybe later (Piboso) can add a small indicator in the GUI and dashboard telling TC is on.
Why only in physics debug mode ? On many real bikes you do have this indicators on the dashboard.

Quote from: vin97 on June 17, 2015, 12:48:56 PM
TC only cuts wheelies when the bike is still leaned over (which is the case coming out of most slow corners).
You have to push the bike but you can definitely see and hear it.
It's just semantics but TC does not "cut wheelies" intentionally. It simply act as a TC (i.e. detect slipping --> cut): the fact the wheelie is cut is kind of side effect.

MaX.

Vini

Yes, that side effect is our main problem with TCS at the moment.

Here is a little demonstration of what we are talking about (TC was set to 1).
https://www.youtube.com/v/az7S84k5zgE
At that corner I usually keep the front wheel slightly above the ground until I am in second or third gear (at that point the bike is completely upright).
I didn't lift the throttle (I was actually increasing it) but the TC still cut the engine, suddenly bringing the front down and inducing an unfortunate wobble.
I am also pretty sure that the rear wasn't sliding at the time the TC set in (definitely not enough to trigger TC set to 1).

HornetMaX

Hard to say. If we had the TC activation light and indicator in the output plugin interface then that would be visible and logged in the telemetry, allowing to be 100% sure the problem was TC.

Was it online or offline ?

I seem to see the rear wheel jumping a bit (bumpy section of the track ?), maybe that made the TC kick in ...

MaX.

Vini

June 17, 2015, 04:34:21 PM #95 Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 04:36:19 PM by vin97
It was offline and I can assure you that it was the TC.

There was no lag and I didn't accidentally back off the throttle.

I can easily replicate this. I would record it live with your plugin showing the throttle input but Shadowplay doesn't work with GP Bikes (for me) and I have too many framedrops with Fraps.

h106frp

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 17, 2015, 04:14:21 PM
Hard to say. If we had the TC activation light and indicator in the output plugin interface then that would be visible and logged in the telemetry, allowing to be 100% sure the problem was TC.

Was it online or offline ?

I seem to see the rear wheel jumping a bit (bumpy section of the track ?), maybe that made the TC kick in ...

MaX.

+1 on plugin output and then it would finally work on my real dash