• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:02:15 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Multi-monitor

Started by PiBoSo, June 06, 2015, 07:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Multi-monitors support is experimental, as it was not tested.
So this is a call to all the users with access to a triple-screen setup: please report if it works correctly and if changes are needed.

To enable it, open core.ini in World Racing Series installation directory, and add the following lines:

[display]
monitor=0
setup=monitors.cfg

An example of a minimal cfg file with 3 identical monitors:

primary
{
screen_distance = 600
screen_width = 400
screen_height = 225
width = 420
height = 260
}

global
{
angle_x = 40
}

monitor0
{
display = 1
        pos_x = -1
res_x = 800
res_y = 600
bpp = 32
        multisample = 4
}

monitor1
{
display = 2
pos_x = 1
res_x = 800
res_y = 600
        bpp = 32
        multisample = 4
}

"screen_distance" is the distance of the eyes from the primary screen, "screen_width" and "screen_height" are the size of the screen only, while "width" and "height" include the border. All measure are in millimeters.
"angle_x" is the angle ( in degrees ) between monitors.
"pos_x" is the monitor position relative to primary one. Negative numbers mean left, positive ones right.

The full options are:

global
{
angle_x = 50
angle_y = 0
}

monitor0
{
display = 1
res_x = 800
res_y = 600
multisample = 4
bpp = 32
width = 352
height = 198
pos_x = -1
pos_y = 0
shift_x = 0
shift_y = 0
shift_z = 0
angle_x = 0
angle_y = 0
}

Please note the "angle_y" in global section and "pos_y". They allow to set vertical angle and position, where positive is up and negative down.
You can also set screen "width" and "height" for each monitor, if it doesn't match the primary one.

A maximum of 10 external monitors are supported.

NOTE:
You will have a big performance hit. However, the code will be optimized when everything is working correctly.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

JamoZ

Are the side monitors rendered seperatly?

I`ll install and test this feature and then report back.

matty0l215

Could this potentially work with two monitors, or is it just for triple monitor setups??

I know it wouldn't be very well optimized, just wanted to try :D
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

JamoZ

Just tried it and the game seems to pick up the CFG, it doesn`t present me with the menu. All 3 screens stay black. When i alt/tab out and back in i see the menu, but with an unresponsive mouse cursor in the top left corner of my middle screen.

This is my CFG :

primary
{
   screen_distance = 900
   screen_width = 565
   screen_height = 340
   width = 530
   height = 330
}

global
{
   angle_x = 35
}

monitor0
{
   display = 1
        pos_x = -1
   res_x = 1920
   res_y = 1080
   bpp = 32
        multisample = 4
}

monitor1
{
   display = 2
   pos_x = 1
   res_x = 1920
   res_y = 1080
        bpp = 32
        multisample = 4
}

I thought the only problem would be figuring out which monitor should be configured left and right, but so far i don`t get a image at all.
I`m using Nvidia surround and my desktop resolution is 5845x1080 bezel corrected, don`t know if that makes any difference...

Napalm Nick

Don't forget I also did this in GpB using AMD EyeInfinity and it worked nice.

Not sure what the difference is for WRS but thought I'd mention it in case it helps.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

JamoZ

June 06, 2015, 09:18:55 PM #5 Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 09:22:38 PM by JamoZ
Quote from: Napalm Nick on June 06, 2015, 08:32:59 PM
Don't forget I also did this in GpB using AMD EyeInfinity and it worked nice.

Not sure what the difference is for WRS but thought I'd mention it in case it helps.

There is a difference between stretching the image across all 3 screens, or having the left and right monitor rendered as seperate screens. The first creates a warped and stretched image on the side screens, making objects appear bigger and closer to you on the side screens then they actually are.

The second one renders each screen seperatly, allowing for a correct aspect ratio and a much more true to life scaling of object on the side screens.

Proper triple screen support :

Stretched image across 3 screens :

Notice the awefully wrong scaling off the mirrors and cockpit on the 2nd image? :)

Napalm Nick

Ah cool I see - its good. 8)

Look forward to seeing it in GpB.

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

MarcusLes

January 24, 2018, 07:45:29 AM #7 Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 05:15:15 PM by MarcusLes
Quote from: JamoZ on June 06, 2015, 09:18:55 PM

Notice the awefully wrong scaling off the mirrors and cockpit on the 2nd image? :)

Mines a bit off like that too Jamo, did you fix yours?

HornetMaX

Quote from: JamoZ on June 06, 2015, 08:28:22 PM
Just tried it and the game seems to pick up the CFG, it doesn`t present me with the menu. All 3 screens stay black. When i alt/tab out and back in i see the menu, but with an unresponsive mouse cursor in the top left corner of my middle screen.

This is my CFG :

primary
{
   screen_distance = 900
   screen_width = 565
   screen_height = 340
   width = 530
   height = 330
}

I think you swapped width/height with screen_width/screen_height, no ?

Quote from: PiBoSo on June 06, 2015, 07:11:48 PM
"screen_width" and "screen_height" are the size of the screen only, while "width" and "height" include the border.