• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 05:01:03 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Online servers ?

Started by HornetMaX, June 11, 2015, 08:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Uh, I can see only 3 (2 dibu's on Victoria, one GPBOC on SPA 1.3 NDS) wle the servers page shows plenty (http://stats.gp-bikes.com/servers.php).

I think I have all the tracks but ...

MaX.

Napalm Nick

That is odd Max,

I can see about 12 on the in-game list.

have you got track folder failure!?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

I can see them all too.... Something strange going off there Max. Lol

Hawk.

C21

QuoteI can see about 12 on the in-game list.
Confirm  :)

On my other install i only see 6 but there are not all tracks installed.

Max, what have you done??  ???
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

HornetMaX

Hmmm weird ... I'l have a closer look tonight.

I can only see one thing that I changed recently: I've put my adsl line in fastpath mode (*).

MaX.

(*)
I tried to prove to some cod4 players that a 50ms ping difference makes a diffrence so I put the line in fastpath, my ping went from 80ms to 30ms.
Needless to say, I pwnd their candy asses no-mercy way, so I guess my pint is clear to them now :)

HornetMaX

Oh this is *VERY* weird ... 

So the problem was unrelated to online/adsl settings: even testing (offline), only 2 tracks were visible (Victoria and Spa).

Essentially in all track folders (127 !) I was missing the .amb and .ini of each track, so GPB couldn't see them.
Now how in hell could that be ... well, search me !

Fcuk, I'm re-downloading all the tracks ... and thanks for the DS/NDS double versions :)

MaX.

Napalm Nick

Super odd. Out of curiosity have you checked these files haven't become 'hidden'.

I remember something similar once when windows decided some file extensions were 'Windows files' and defaulted them to hidden.

Doesn't explain why you see Spa of course.  ::)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Ach too late to check. Damn that would have been interesting to verify (even if I don't think it was the case, other .ini files were visible).

MaX.

HornetMaX

Oh shit, it happened again !

And no, the files are not hidden, they are really missing ... all the .ini and all the .cfg from the bikes folders ... all gone ... wtf ?!?!

I'm not really computer illiterate but I really really have no idea what the hell is going on ...

MaX.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Blackheart on July 16, 2015, 08:33:29 PM
http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=2477.msg36143;boardseen#new

:P
I have a different problem: all my .ini and .cfg files from the mod bikes folders have disappeared ...

MaX.

Blackheart

Ops  :o ... it never happened, not who is the antivirus, that puts them in quarantine?

teeds

That is indeed very odd Max, tried looking for them in DOS, in safe mode, put the drive as non system drive on another system and looked? Sounds too specific to be a drive problem but if you use it lots it's not impossible but would still be hard pushed to only affect those file types. All other system cfg and ini files are ok?

JJS209

Quote from: HornetMaX on July 16, 2015, 08:36:48 PM
Quote from: Blackheart on July 16, 2015, 08:33:29 PM
http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=2477.msg36143;boardseen#new

:P
I have a different problem: all my .ini and .cfg files from the mod bikes folders have disappeared ...

MaX.
i have had the same problem one or two month ago. after i noticed that fact (most files of g bikes were missing etc.)the things get even worse.
my system created a new useraccount and switched it to my standard accout and mor other strange things occured.
i formated the system and installed a fresh windows.

Napalm Nick

Very odd. I guess you have already noted what you done on the game since it last worked/ Similar things you did last time they disappeared?

Rumble experiments?

Over zealous CCleaner type programs ? Virussssss?

As Teeds says = system.ini files OK ?

Rumble experiments? lol man that's odd.