• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:10:37 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

New rig (the good news) and core.exe crashes (the bad news)...

Started by CapeDoctor, June 12, 2015, 11:44:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapeDoctor

so, finally have my new improved rig up and running, just ironing out the last few teething problems, lol
brief description - i5 CPU @ 3.3 GHz, 8GB RAM, 2 x GTX480 in SLi, 700W PSU. several TB worth of onboard HDD space.
so, not an uber-rig by today's standards, but should suffice for a while, and should be more than sufficient to run GPB.  8)
hoping i could just continue with my old OS and previously installed games seems a bit optimistic, though - some of the games work fine, others don't.
most notably, GPB suffers a core.exe crash almost instantly when starting it.
so, in seeking advice, i am going to guess that a fresh install will be best?
and on that note, might it be worth my while to wait for beta 7 release, or is that still a ways off?
as for mods, i have so far d/l'd the Bike Mod and all tracks, some paints, helmets and such.
will i have to re-d/l these for the beta 7, or will some of it work across the versions? or is it too early to say?
thanks in advance for any advice....  :)

Napalm Nick

Its a forum so I shouldn't need to write IMO but IMO:

Fresh install every time, nothing less. Save out your bikes, tracks, Key, Stuff under My Documents/Piboso, etc and its only a ten minute job to install, move the stuff back and get going again.

I wouldn't wait for B7 - you know how these things go.

B6/B7 compatibility - roll some dice like the rest of us  >:(

;)

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

matty0l215

You will be loads better off with a clean install. Maybe even re-downloading the bike mods (basically start again) :)

If your thinking of waiting for beta 7, you might be waiting a while :P so just stick with beta 6 for now  :) Modders are fairly quick at updating the bikes and tracks but we never know when a beta is going to be released ;)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

matty0l215

Quote from: Napalm Nick on June 12, 2015, 11:55:47 AM
Its a forum so I shouldn't need to write IMO but IMO:

Fresh install every time, nothing less. Save out your bikes, tracks, Key, Stuff under My Documents/Piboso, etc and its only a ten minute job to install, move the stuff back and get going again.

I wouldn't wait for B7 - you know how these things go.

B6/B7 compatibility - roll some dice like the rest of us  >:(

;)

Beat me to it mate ;D

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

CapeDoctor

thanks for the quick response, fellas :D
i was actually thinking about my post, and came to the realisation that even if advised to wait for b7, i doubt if i could wait for however long it may be.
just being without any track time these last few weeks has had me climbing the walls (and realising that i'm an addict, lol) so on with a fresh install it is, then!
cheers, guys!  8)

edit: btw, got myself a new Logitech F310 controller, so need to take some time to adapt to this, as well ;)

matty0l215

Hawk

Quote from: matty0l215 on June 12, 2015, 03:42:44 PM
Quote from: Napalm Nick on June 12, 2015, 12:01:50 PM
Just like the Finish Line  ;)

You Bastard.... ;)

Hahaha!  ;D

I can see a right royal battle between you two in the next race. Hehe

Hawk.