• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Aussiedirt speedway experiment

Started by AUSSIEDIRT, June 16, 2015, 12:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AUSSIEDIRT

June 16, 2015, 12:27:37 AM Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 04:11:47 AM by AUSSIEDIRT
Hey Everyone ,

Track refuses to load : check the centreline

Terrained : download mx example place the terrained app into the file and this will allow terrained to Function

aussi

PiBoSo

Have you merged the centerline again?
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

AUSSIEDIRT

i have to merg the centerline? how do i do that

AUSSIEDIRT

okay so i got the centerline in and merged it then generated the surface , i then went to load the track but told me pit lane was full? do i need to setup the whole track before i can test it

AUSSIEDIRT

I got that sorted now it starts loading and then it freezes and crashes. Thoughts?

janaucarre

hi, perhaps you have wrong values for left and right startfinish line, speedtrap line and so.
The left value must be in "-" and the right value must be in "+"
did you closed the centerline?
verify it, you can by watching the junction changing when you "right clic" "close"
be sure the pitin, pitout, grid, are positionned on the asphalt.
don't forget to save your centerline after "merge" and save your project.
There are other reason but for now they are the most repetitive error done by new modders.

AUSSIEDIRT

Thanks Janaucarre,

There's alot to learn about wrs after coming from rfactor but that's alot of the joy of breaking away from rfactor. It's nice to be working on content for a Indy game.

I'm thinking I might just restart the hole file and try eliminate the errors. After watching the video previous and workin with tracked it's a rather nice program to use.

AUSSIEDIRT

okay nothing im doing it working it just crashes at what id call the midway point

PiBoSo

Quote from: AUSSIEDIRT on June 20, 2015, 11:50:33 AM
okay nothing im doing it working it just crashes at what id call the midway point

Could you please post screenshots of the track loaded in TrackEd, showing the race data?

AUSSIEDIRT

PiBoSo

Thank you.
Everything seems to be correct.
Is it crashing immediately at load time?
Could you please share your track so that it can be checked?

AUSSIEDIRT

Rookie error apparently. I sent the track to dibu and he found I hadn't closed the centreline. He also noted I made a few other errors all things I'll learn from. In which case here's the start of the Perth motorplex.

dibu

Quote from: AUSSIEDIRT on June 21, 2015, 03:29:20 PM
Rookie error apparently. I sent the track to dibu and he found I hadn't closed the centreline. He also noted I made a few other errors all things I'll learn from. In which case here's the start of the Perth motorplex.
No false modesty, for a first attempt to create a dirt track you're already more than good.  ;D

PS: 14"966 with the RX atm and it's fun ;)    

AUSSIEDIRT

Total modesty dibu this is uncharted water for me I know what I can do
In rfactor and rfactor2 (image below from rfactor 2 it's speedway city in Adelaide sa)
I feel really excited about wrs and I do believe that it could be the new destination for speedway.

Good effort dibu it's about a 11 second lap in a sprintcar

AUSSIEDIRT

Now I need to figure out how to make it deform then drop a wall in and then may have kick the stands out and bolt some wheels on these bad boys

How far away is the sprintcar from usable piboso?

Also going to look at some track preparation vehicles