• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:43:12 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Dirt speedway support

Started by AUSSIEDIRT, June 18, 2015, 03:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AUSSIEDIRT

Hi piboso,

I saw you have a sprintcar in the works and as a modder of soly speedway content got so e suggestions but as there's so may I condensed them.

1, need a new track material like loose dirt that blows off to reveal the harder race surface.
1a,  a harder race surface that dose take some deformation but at a certain point begins taking rubber like a tarmac track.

2, allow for beginning grip levels that increase as track takes rubber /behaves like dirt

3.as speedway predominantly takes place at night ability to set night races and have dynamic lighting (not necessarily 24 0 hour full day night the current three settings could be retained. But the need for night and lights.

4.rolling starts as sprintcars do not have the ability to start from standing start.

5. Support for multiple saves of track deformation in one file and a option within the race/test window to select which track surface you want. This would allow for leagues running multiple heat races and feature as u could save the deformation file at the end of every session and start it from the last the the option to reset after a track grade.

6. The ability to tune in materials so the track maker can dial in how much force required to move say the cushion so the ability to have heavier dirt etc.

That's all I can think of now looking forward to the release of the sprintcar

PiBoSo

Quote from: AUSSIEDIRT on June 18, 2015, 03:17:25 PM
Hi piboso,

I saw you have a sprintcar in the works and as a modder of soly speedway content got so e suggestions but as there's so may I condensed them.

1, need a new track material like loose dirt that blows off to reveal the harder race surface.
1a,  a harder race surface that dose take some deformation but at a certain point begins taking rubber like a tarmac track.

2, allow for beginning grip levels that increase as track takes rubber /behaves like dirt

3.as speedway predominantly takes place at night ability to set night races and have dynamic lighting (not necessarily 24 0 hour full day night the current three settings could be retained. But the need for night and lights.

4.rolling starts as sprintcars do not have the ability to start from standing start.

5. Support for multiple saves of track deformation in one file and a option within the race/test window to select which track surface you want. This would allow for leagues running multiple heat races and feature as u could save the deformation file at the end of every session and start it from the last the the option to reset after a track grade.

6. The ability to tune in materials so the track maker can dial in how much force required to move say the cushion so the ability to have heavier dirt etc.

That's all I can think of now looking forward to the release of the sprintcar

1. It is already possible using heightmaps: http://docs.piboso.com/wiki/index.php/MXB_Track_Creation_Guide
1a. What material is used for the bottom of the track?

3. Night lighting is in progress.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

AUSSIEDIRT

Hey Piboso,

with number one , is this the only way to achieve this as mx bike tracks are more organic shape where speedway is very defined not to mention id have no idea on how you would even make a decent speedway with height maps

1a , really need a clay surface that takes deformation along with taking rubber when the deformation reaches the maximum.

3look forward to night lighting ,

PiBoSo

June 24, 2015, 10:08:55 AM #3 Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 10:11:28 AM by PiBoSo
Quote from: AUSSIEDIRT on June 24, 2015, 09:30:37 AM
Hey Piboso,

with number one , is this the only way to achieve this as mx bike tracks are more organic shape where speedway is very defined not to mention id have no idea on how you would even make a decent speedway with height maps

It's the only way to have deformable terrain and multiple layers... You could have a top layer of soft soil, a medium one with soil, and a bottom one of compact soil ( that will receive rubber in a future update ).
A 16 bits heightmap can be extremely accurate: with 6 meters of elevation change, the accuracy is under 0.1mm!
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".