• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:21:45 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Paddle shifter!

Started by h106frp, June 22, 2015, 11:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h106frp

Pursued the discussion from the other thread and had a go at building a decent prototype aluminum paddle shift for for my gamepad and it has worked out quite well.

Had a couple of small flanged bearings to hand so i added them to a brass spindle - the rocker is very smooth with a nice light action. The paddle can be swapped out without upsetting the switch 'press' as it has a small actuator board below the paddle arm :) Tactile switches are below the paddle on a small piece of veroboard and connect in via my Bodnar USB board. Super slick and swift shifting, just a hint of travel and then the tactile click.  8)

A quick couple of laps (just holding it in place with finger tips at the moment as i cannot find any sticky pads or Velcro around the house ) and its great, trigger fingers are back on triggers and pad grip is more comfortable.

Great little fun project   ;D

HornetMaX

F-nice !

I'd just hard-wire the "new" buttons to two of the existing buttons, so that you avoid the xtra board and usb.
But likely you did it like that so that you can stick your paddle to a diff pad.

Good job !

MaX.

h106frp

Already got the excellent Bodnar board to hand so it saved me from opening up my only 1 week old, rather lovely new controller   ;)

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.