• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 12:14:29 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

GPBikes Owners Club | Categ. RACE | EVENT 5 | Slippystone WET | Info | COMPLETE

Started by Napalm Nick, June 26, 2015, 10:24:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Congrats to Alby for the win. Well done mate!  ;D 8)

I had a terrible race.... I fell once then just kept fall too easily..... I'm sure there is an issue with the tyres altering too much after a fall, at least for a few of laps after the fall because after my first fall the bike just kept falling very easily even though I was purposely taking it steady?? I've had this before but have never understood what it's all about? Something doesn't seem right....

Anyway I still had great fun - I just love wet tracks(could've done without it raining though. It's hard to see! Lol).  ;D

Sounds like you guys at the front had a close battle at times. Can't wait to see the replay!  ;D

Thanks for the race guys! And thanks Nick, your work is appreciated mate! We're having a lot of fun at GPBOC.  ;D 8)

Hawk.
PS: Thanks for the restart guys. Appreciated after I got the core.exe crash on going to the grid. Thank you. ;) 8)

Napalm Nick

QUALLY RESULTS:

RACE RESULTS:

REPLAY LINK - its big had to zip it

SLIPPERYSTONE REPLAY

Well done to everyone and thanks for supporting and thank you all for allowing a restart too.

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Napalm Nick

I agree Hawk there is definitely something happening after a fall. That's twice now my bike has become un-rideable after a fall (to be fair to me I didn't even fall it was a respawn-into-me-annoying-feckin-saga that needs fixing!  ::) er please.

I thought it was a tyre problem personally - temperatures?????  But there is something going on hopefully someone knows something about it.

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

finpower

thanks for the race nick.
wos verry fast and fair races :D
grats alby to win the race and podium to 8)
i am happy to win the quali ;)
Whoever finds google translator errors, can keep them
Intel Core i7 4770 CPU 3.40 GHz 64 Bit Windows 10
Nvidia GeForse GTX 760

Napalm Nick

yeh! Well done for that too fin!

And some solace for me is my best race lap would of qualified me in 4th. Oo yeh  8) irrelevant lol

Alby46

Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

Alby46

i couldn't even do a lap without a fall during qualify, then i raised tyres pressure

nuovaic

Yes Finpower brilliant qualy lap. Was expecting you to fly off at the race start, what happened?
Congrats Alby, I see you have not lost your pace.
Hawk, yes so true about tyres after fall, I always tbought it was cold tyres, as if they revert back to garage settings, but no idea really!

finpower

i dont see my startplace.i go with lucky on the rigth place,
and i dont see the light and i waith and start,when the drivers gon .
i kant explaint that.
i have never time so probs
mystery
Whoever finds google translator errors, can keep them
Intel Core i7 4770 CPU 3.40 GHz 64 Bit Windows 10
Nvidia GeForse GTX 760

Hawk

Quote from: Alby46 on June 28, 2015, 08:18:53 PM
i couldn't even do a lap without a fall during qualify, then i raised tyres pressure

Raising tyre pressures shouldn't make you go faster in the rain unless they were too low in the first place?  Or am I wrong on this? It was a long time ago when I used to race so I may not remember fully. Hehe ;D

Must admit, I was surprised with your Qualy-time that you ended up winning. But well done mate, nicely done!!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

Meyer#12

Sorry i couldnt make it :( will send a link tomorrow of why i couldnt ;)
Meyer#12

Alby46

Quote from: Hawk UK on June 28, 2015, 08:36:39 PM
Raising tyre pressures shouldn't make you go faster in the rain unless they were too low in the first place?  Or am I wrong on this? It was a long time ago when I used to race so I may not remember fully. Hehe ;D

Must admit, I was surprised with your Qualy-time that you ended up winning. But well done mate, nicely done!!  ;D 8)

Hawk.
i joined late+i didn't have a setup, after running 3 laps i found the pressure was too low, 1.20 bar or less. Anyway, the replay isn't tonight's replay  ;D

Hawk

Is the replay file correct? I downloaded it and it was the previous Silverstone race with the drying track?  :-\

Hawk.

EDIT: Thanks for confirming about the replay file Alby. I wasn't sure if it was just me being an old git going nutty.  Hehe   ;D

Napalm Nick

Yeh those tyres are very cool even with the raised air and ground temperatures.

The bike tyre physics says optimum is 75oC but I couldn't get anywhere near it really. So as temps never went up then pressures never went up - hence you had to inflate them more than normal to get them round 21psi on the track. That's all good physics wise but we should be able to get wet tyres to their optimum in the wet!

To me (real) wet races benefit from slightly softer pressure, not harder, but then I'm the same - maybe the laws of physics changed in the last 20 years haha  ;)

Replays - Oh crumbs that's odd I must go check through the recycle bin hang on....

Napalm Nick

Correct REPLAY link sorry about that - both posts updated.  :-[

Give it 5 mins to upload