• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:01:35 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Setup + Fast lap Video (Spa)

Started by Blackheart, June 29, 2015, 02:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackheart

June 29, 2015, 02:26:00 PM Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 02:28:17 PM by Blackheart
Hi guys  ;D

I created this video, which also includes a good setup, I think may be of help to the novices, so that we understand at least the trajectories and the braking points in a circuit long enough .

I learned watching a video similar   :P

It is advisable to watch it in 1080p 60fps

JamoZ

I`ve always avoided spa in GP bikes since it`s not a motorcycle track by nature and the game doesn`t handle elevation changes like it should.
Having said that i think your lines are slightly off at large portions of the track, you`re not using the whole track so i think you gain can at least a second or 2/3 on that time  ???

Blackheart

June 29, 2015, 03:50:53 PM #2 Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 04:07:00 PM by Blackheart
I have not seen done better with RSA

It is definitely not a perfect lap, because i missed the first and the last corner, but the difference i made in t2 and t3  ::)

P.S. The best time registred on the web its 02:40.009 (ideal combined) and so i guess a really good time  ;)

And these guys do not go slowly!  ;D

Napalm Nick

Great Vid Blackie I am sure that will help some people! You made it look quite easy too which I am sure is the key to a fast lap - smooth and steady. Could you explain your setup here - why you chose those settings - especially the suspension - that would help a LOT of people I'm sure.

The laptime speaks for itself.  :) Well done mate.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

BOBR6 84

Best laps web page doesn't always update.. i did a 37 at spa on the 250. Good video though! nice lap  ;) I see what jamoZ is saying but the 250 has a problem imo.. Also a couple of corners are difficult to attack with the surface.

You can see it in most corners in the video.. the engine revs don't die down enough and makes it difficult to pull into the apex's. Feels like the throttle is stuck open.
If that was to be fixed the 250 would be the most enjoyable bike for me as it handles sweet as a nut.

Blackheart

June 29, 2015, 04:40:04 PM #5 Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 04:50:32 PM by Blackheart
Thx Nick!  ;)

To make the time I just tried to delay as much as possible the braking and make perfect the "Eau Rouge".

The base of the setting I think it was Bob or Hawk, i changed a few things to be able to enter the curve more restrained, and have more top speed, with these parameters the bike is very stable.

@Bob yes i lost 1 sec in first corner, and 1 sec in final corner like u can see  ;D

Hawk

I'm interested JamoZ - What constitutes a motorcycle track by nature? Also what is it about Spa that makes you think it's not a motorcycle track by nature?
Just take a look at motorcycle road race track history and I think you'll change your mind about Spa.  :P

Personally I think Spa is one of the all time classic motorcycle race tracks that is sadly not included in the MotoGP Champs anymore. Shame on them.....  :'( :(

BTW.... F1 GP have dropped Spa too. Anyone smell the usual race governing body political crap here? It's an outrage that Spa has been dropped for F1 and for a while now MotoGP.

Hawk.

Blackheart

Quote from: Hawk UK on June 29, 2015, 06:06:37 PM

Personally I think Spa is one of the all time classic motorcycle race tracks that is sadly not included in the MotoGP Champs anymore. Shame on them.....  :'( :(

Hawk.

same here  ;D

Napalm Nick

I'm sorry to hear there is much anti-Spa feeling from the developing neighbourhood there. My Belgian buddy also says it. Seems the local populace don't do history.
Of course the back handler deals moving all the racing to the middle east is the main problem.

Any sport is soon ruined when big money is involved. Greedy f*ckin bastards the human race.

Enjoyed my time out of the box now I will get back in.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

teeds

BTW.... F1 GP have dropped Spa too. Anyone smell the usual race governing body political crap here? It's an outrage that Spa has been dropped for F1 and for a while now MotoGP.

eh ? http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/championship/races/2015/Belgium.html

I like Spa in a car, although I currently fear it on a bike right now, "Eau Rouge" is one tricky corner to survive it seems.

Hawk

Quote from: teeds on June 29, 2015, 08:15:58 PM

eh ? http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/championship/races/2015/Belgium.html

I like Spa in a car, although I currently fear it on a bike right now, "Eau Rouge" is one tricky corner to survive it seems.

Yeah... Sorry guys. My mistake.... It's not Spa GP they dropped from the F1 calendar, it's the German F1 GP they have dropped. Still a great shame though considering the history of the event.  :( :P

Anyway.... Back to topic on hand here.  :-\

Hawk

JamoZ

I'm interested JamoZ - What constitutes a motorcycle track by nature? Also what is it about Spa that makes you think it's not a motorcycle track by nature?

It`s nothing more then a feeling ;)

It`s too wide, and other then Eau rouge and Rivage there aren`t really any challenging corners on Spa for a bike imo.

Imo the old Assen layout was the best track for a motorcycle. Narrow and blistering fast with challenging corners from the first to the last. Never a dull moment on a lap.

Hawk

Quote from: JamoZ on June 29, 2015, 09:26:31 PM

It`s nothing more then a feeling ;)

It`s too wide, and other then Eau rouge and Rivage there aren`t really any challenging corners on Spa for a bike imo.

Imo the old Assen layout was the best track for a motorcycle. Narrow and blistering fast with challenging corners from the first to the last. Never a dull moment on a lap.

Old Assen TT layout was absolutely awesome I agree..... But I still like the modern layout too, though I feel they should've kept the old track layout as well and just modernized it to satisfy the do-gooder safety freaks. Lol

Hawk.

matty0l215

More money in street circuits (which are all shite in my opinion, bar a few exceptions) and certain other nations....

Shame really, F1 is losing its racing history and fast. All just a money train (quite literally if you think about monoco :P ) nowerdays
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Blackheart

Anyway back IN   ;D

My intention was to create a series of videos like this, with different circuits and bikes, so that newcomers have a good base to start making good times.

And for other rider just have fun trying to beat the time.  :P