• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 05:52:05 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Ride vs GP Bikes

Started by Urban Chaos 2.0, June 30, 2015, 01:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h106frp

I did not buy RIDE as i had just been disappointed  by Superbike generations. I was expecting so much....sigh....don't believe the hype

RIDE and the others are fun games for their target audience, live the dream that you are the best rider ever to take to 2 wheels.

But GPB and to an extent GP500 (GP500 now feels old after a while with GPB) that came before, after a lot of initial frustration deliver the long term satisfaction of a decent simulation. Hey, its an achievement staying upright at first but stringing together that first series of turns at speed brings a proper deserved grin  ;D

It's a credit to PB that he has stuck with his principles. It would be very easy to have folded and added a 'simple handling mode' and dilute the simulation down but would this hardcore community exist without a hardcore sim ? I would be surprised if the RIDE fanbase still exists after a few more months.

my 2 cents, i love a good fun game as much as the next, but bike sims are my personal sacred territory and good ones are far too few (and i am a slow old snail really  ;) )

teeds

July 01, 2015, 03:14:59 PM #31 Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 03:17:09 PM by teeds
Ride is made by Milestone - nuff said.

doubledragoncc

LOL Teeds so true.

H106 your Edtraker boxes are in the post. Thanks so much for the dosh, you got credit by me lol.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

BOBR6 84

Well said h106  ;)

I played the SBK titles religiously.. It was the first time online for me racing against other players.. So I really enjoyed it!

After a while u realize the games dont change, aimed at the same audience every year and it gets boring.. Started to crave more realism! Since I found GPB iv been hooked.. Breath of fresh air to see something dedicated to realism for bikes without worrying about what casual players want..

So it kind of annoys me when people compare GPB with other bike games...

GP500 should be remade too for some great middle ground.. Real data etc isnt massively important if they capture some good handling with feedback.. But, I like being onboard this hardcore project to see where it goes.. Already mega when u think about how hard it must be to stick to real stuff..

Urban Chaos 2.0

Guys like Piboso and dedicated GPB community members are a Godsend to an industry where dumbing things down has become mainstream. The driving-game genre was doomed to mediocrity until Slightly Mad studios came along (unless you think paying a fortune for iRacing isn't a bad thing), and motorcycle games have been in a bad position since the dawn of time. GP Bikes is THE ONLY true bike simulation game to date, and unless a company like Slightly Mad decide to make a Project Bikes, I don't think we'll see a mainstream true motorcycle simulation game for a long time. Even Grand Theft Auto (an unrealistic game to begin with) has taken a serious turn for the worst with GTA V.

JamoZ

July 01, 2015, 10:05:18 PM #35 Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 06:04:43 AM by JamoZ
Quote from: Urban Chaos 2.0 on July 01, 2015, 05:56:26 PM
The driving-game genre was doomed to mediocrity until Slightly Mad studios came along

Are you coming from a console or something?  ;D First stating RIDE is a sim, and then praising SMS for reinventing the wheel (no pun intended)  ::)
For your info, we simracers were spoiled more then enough with Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Raceroom Racing Experience, Games Stockcar Extreme and lately Dirt Rally before pCARS came along.

What SMS did with pCARS is nothing special. Yes it has dynamic weather, but that`s about the only feature it has that make it stand out from your average racing game. Yes game..i wouldn`t count pCARS as a sim like i would the likes of RF2 or AC for the same reasons i`m not calling RIDE a sim. In pCARS you can also apply full throttle mid corner on a wet track with cold tires in a RWD car with 400+ HP without any punishment whatsoever other then the car slightly understeering!

I`d rather have Kunos or ISI do a bikesim...

Urban Chaos 2.0

If Jamoz hadn't later decided to include those cartoon faces to a comment about VIDEO GAMES (after realizing the undue bigotry inherent to his post), I would have written quite the strongly-worded message, and then quit the forum. I was in the process of typing a retort before his edits appeared, and although I have ceased that effort, my decision to leave has not changed. This is the first time I've joined a forum, and will probably be the last. I was hoping for this to be a forum (unlike Youtube) where people DID NOT attribute some silly video games to their self-esteem, but that has not been the case. I do have better things to do, so...

Cheers :)

HornetMaX

Bigotry ?! Self-esteem ?!

You come to a forum and with your 1st post you try to explain (to people with much more understanding than you on the subject) that Ride is a simulator.
Of course you get slapped for that and all is fine. But then you fumble again, on car sims and ... well, you get slapped again.

If you want to praise Ride as a simulator and receive plenty of "+1" or "Like it !", then this is probably not the right forum for you. Same goes for pCars.

Welcome to stay and voice your opinion, but you'll have to accept some critics.

MaX.

P.S.
@JamoZ: you a Dude fan too ?

Blackheart

Quote from: Urban Chaos 2.0 on July 02, 2015, 08:52:23 AM
If Jamoz hadn't later decided to include those cartoon faces to a comment about VIDEO GAMES (after realizing the undue bigotry inherent to his post), I would have written quite the strongly-worded message, and then quit the forum. I was in the process of typing a retort before his edits appeared, and although I have ceased that effort, my decision to leave has not changed. This is the first time I've joined a forum, and will probably be the last. I was hoping for this to be a forum (unlike Youtube) where people DID NOT attribute some silly video games to their self-esteem, but that has not been the case. I do have better things to do, so...

As in real life there are people and people ... we do not really have to like all! I can assure you that this community is one of the best, of course begin by saying that Ride is a simulator, it was not the best move (just kidding :))  )

fabio93bg

so if you like it go play it.. but say that ride is a simulator is just like say Miley Cyrus is a responsible girl.. come on.. in italian RIDE means LAUGH.. coincidences? ahahah

CapeDoctor

being still pretty new to the forum, i must also agree with most here that RIDE can in no way be called a sim.
i gave it a good run, for what it's worth, currently ranked no. 87 in the standings, but the fact remains that you can do some ridiculous moves that would see you on the tarmac in reality, with little or no punishment. sure - it looks nice, but the feel of riding a real bike is simply not there...
sure, the difficulty settings can be ramped up to a point that it's a bit harder than your everyday arcade racer, but a simulator...? sorry, it's just not that.
i live for decent sims, and before i discovered GPB, there were very few bike titles that could be called a sim... possibly GP500 had the best feel to a real bike, but even that starts looking a bit long in the tooth compared to GPB.
as for cars, well, i would call Richard Burns Rally, rFactor, Assetto Corsa, simulators. not much else springs to mind....
anyway, where i was going with this - Urban Chaos, c'mon mate, as others have mentioned, you can't just arrive at any forum and start by posting something that is naturally going to be opposed by the majority, and then get upset when that actually happens....
you'll be fooling yourself if you leave GPB for RIDE, is all i can say. stick it out (in the forum as well as on the track, lol) and you will eventually be rewarded when you finally start getting the hang of it. and therein lies something essential to any true simulator - that great feeling of getting it right, simply can't be replicated by any other sim-wannabe game.  :)

JamoZ

July 02, 2015, 10:42:32 AM #41 Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 10:44:51 AM by JamoZ
Quote from: Urban Chaos 2.0 on July 02, 2015, 08:52:23 AM

Wow hold yer horses m8. Why get upset because i don`t agree with your opinion and thoughts? I`m just stating my idea`s and it was a mild post as far as i`m concerned. If stuff like this goes too far then the internet and forums might not be for you  ;D

P.S @ MaX

Obviously you're not a golfer

HornetMaX

Quote from: JamoZ on July 02, 2015, 10:42:32 AM
P.S @ MaX
Obviously you're not a golfer
Of course not, I'm a Little Urban Achiever.

I was in Edinburgh recently, there's a Lebowski pub with 40 different White Russians (including one named "The Toe").

MaX.

JamoZ

July 02, 2015, 10:49:48 AM #43 Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 10:54:17 AM by JamoZ
Man i know right, there is even a Dudeism religion and festival...

Talking about life goals here, i need to attend that festival at some point in my life  ;D

*edit

You already got one of these?

HornetMaX

Now yes :) But I already have a carpet that really ties the room together.

MaX.