• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:55:10 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Ride vs GP Bikes

Started by Urban Chaos 2.0, June 30, 2015, 01:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOBR6 84

@urban..

How long have u had GPB for?

Id say stick with it (and us  :P ) for a while and get into it.. Takes time to understand properly I think..

Iv read and seen people dismiss GPB as flawed and unrealistic basicly because they cant be bothered to learn.. (fair enough) but, I guarantee once you get to a point where you can push the bikes alot more you will be hooked  :D ;D

Ride, motogp etc are fun games and you can have good online races with your pals.. GPB is a slower pace.. Pays off when you think about and apply real riding techniques (best you can with a pad etc). Instead of going flat out everywhere mashing on the brakes at willy nilly..

For instance.. Suspension! In real life its down to how you ride to get the best out of the suspension.. I get that in gpbikes too! Not in any other bike game..
Eg.. Tight corner leading to a hairpin.. If you coast around the corner then brake you will struggle to stop. Squirt the throttle on around the corner and you will be faster and brake easier because of the extra suspension travel with the weight transfer..Realistic!

Rambling on I know but I just wish people paid attention to the detail GPB has.

Of course it has its fair share of problems but that's where the word beta comes in.. All the others are full priced ''finished'' games..

SKD

July 06, 2015, 09:40:38 AM #46 Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 09:43:27 AM by SKD
I would really like to give RIDE a try. One thing that really pissed me of with Milestone games (also with wrc3) is the fact that there seems to be no community at all. You don't find a single fansite, no leages, nothing. with ride it seems the same. When googling it I only found the official site and a few reviews. In the past games like these allways seemed to be dead just after the release.
So whats your experience with RIDE? Do you have any links for me?

You might be right that RIDE isn't a real simulation, but sometimes I like games that are betweem a real sim and just a game. You can have fun with these without training. One of the first race games I really had fun with for example was DTM Race Driver (in the UK: TOCA Race Driver).

Also: "Easier games" like RIDE or the race driver series I mentioned before bring people to real sims. Sims like GP Bikes can be very frustrating for a new user especially when not having any experience with race games at all. So I think it's good for GP Bikes as well that games like RIDE exist.

BOBR6 84

Completely agree mate!

Played the superbike series on xbox for a while.. Wanted more realism.. Saw gpbikes on youtube! Bought a pc..  ;D

Milestone games on pc.. Not sure.. On xbox or ps4 though get in touch with GirlracerTracey! She organizes leagues for motogp.. All the best leaderboard topping players race in her leagues..

JJS209

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on July 06, 2015, 09:51:24 AM
Played the superbike series on xbox for a while.. Wanted more realism.. Saw gpbikes on youtube! Bought a pc..  ;D
lol bob :)

"Once a decision is done, never explain, never apologize."

SKD

So is there any online racing / community with RIDE or is the game as dead as it seems?

BOBR6 84

Not sure man.. Think it needs fixing but milestone have moved on..

SKD

Wow, just saw that it's on steam as day-deal for 20€. From what I've read on the forums it's still too much ;)

Blackheart

Quote from: SKD on July 09, 2015, 06:41:18 PM
Wow, just saw that it's on steam as day-deal for 20€. From what I've read on the forums it's still too much ;)

It is, get bored very quickly ...

Boerenlater

And don't forget when Milestone gives birth to a new game Ride will be dead.
While GP Bikes still will get updates.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

SKD

Yes, Milestone is just a pain in the ass. It's the same everytime: they release new games each years, sometimes there one patch and that's it. No support no community, nothing. Doesn't mather wether it's sbk, motogp, ride, wrc... it's all the same shit.

HornetMaX

Quote from: SKD on July 10, 2015, 11:18:49 AM
Yes, Milestone is just a pain in the ass. It's the same everytime: they release new games each years, sometimes there one patch and that's it. No support no community, nothing. Doesn't mather wether it's sbk, motogp, ride, wrc... it's all the same shit.
You forgot MXGP :)

MaX.