• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:18:19 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

No replays - core.exe crash...?

Started by CapeDoctor, July 02, 2015, 10:54:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapeDoctor

hi all  :)
first post in WRS section, most of my time is spent in GPB section.
my issue is with replays - i still haven't figured out what's causing it, but every time i try to save a replay, the game crashes.
if i restart the game, and try to load the saved replay - crash again.
is this a known problem, or is it possibly due to something on my end - possibly due to me using other tracks than the stock Victoria one?
will test more, but just thought i'd check in and see if this sort of issue is known....

PiBoSo

Quote from: TheCapeDoctor on July 02, 2015, 10:54:51 AM
hi all  :)
first post in WRS section, most of my time is spent in GPB section.
my issue is with replays - i still haven't figured out what's causing it, but every time i try to save a replay, the game crashes.
if i restart the game, and try to load the saved replay - crash again.
is this a known problem, or is it possibly due to something on my end - possibly due to me using other tracks than the stock Victoria one?
will test more, but just thought i'd check in and see if this sort of issue is known....

This is not a known problem.
What tracks are you using?
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

janaucarre

If it's a non original track, perhaps there is no camera, so when you try something to do with replay, the game crash.
For editing cameras, there is a thread in gpbikes threads.

JJS209

do you have a cutomized garage or something like that?
not talkin about plugins like maxhud or xinput.

CapeDoctor

okay, so maybe it is a track issue - i've mostly been using Brands Hatch track (GP and Indy)when i have this issue.
will have to read up more on cameras and such, it seems.
i'll try with some other tracks latrer and let you know how it goes. thanks for the responses!  8)

dibu

Quote from: TheCapeDoctor on July 02, 2015, 12:54:53 PM
okay, so maybe it is a track issue - i've mostly been using Brands Hatch track (GP and Indy)when i have this issue.
will have to read up more on cameras and such, it seems.
i'll try with some other tracks latrer and let you know how it goes. thanks for the responses!  8)

I've just tested Brands Hatch Indy (GPB and WRS version) and I can save and playback my replays. The problem must be something else.

PS: my setting: Win7-64
I always use "compatibility=0" in core.ini and I install all PiBoSo sims at C:\Games\  e.g. C:\Games\WRS_B6  ...

CapeDoctor

okay, so after testing with some other tracks, everything seemed fine, replays worked as normal.
i did make the core.ini 'compatibility=0' change, it was on 1 - btw, what exactly does this change do, and where can i find more info on ini settings?
oh, this ini change also forced me to put in my license key again, is that as it should be?
anyway, then went back to Brands Hatch, and the replays seem to work fine now. maybe it was just some glitch which has resolved itself.  8)
i have a few more little niggly questions concerning WRS, should i just continue in this thread?
i'll go ahead, anyway, lol - next little issue concerns the MaxHUD plugin - i have the GPB version working 100%, but in the WRS version the text is not visible, only the text boxes, if that is explaining it correctly - so, in effect, the HUD just gives me a bunch of 'black boxes' on screen, which is useless and just clutter.
any ideas on how to get the HUD text to display?

matty0l215

Quote from: TheCapeDoctor on July 03, 2015, 06:05:26 AM
i have a few more little niggly questions concerning WRS, should i just continue in this thread?
i'll go ahead, anyway, lol - next little issue concerns the MaxHUD plugin - i have the GPB version working 100%, but in the WRS version the text is not visible, only the text boxes, if that is explaining it correctly - so, in effect, the HUD just gives me a bunch of 'black boxes' on screen, which is useless and just clutter.

If you put a post on the MaxHUD thread in the plugins section, im sure he'd be happy to help you.

:)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

CapeDoctor

HornetMaX

You likely forgot to copy the MaxHUD_Data folder (it has to go in the same directory where you have put the .dlo).
Also, I forgot to update the link to the latest version in the WRS section: I did it yesterday, re-download the latest one (v1.9.7) if don't have it yet.

MaX.

CapeDoctor

July 03, 2015, 11:06:33 AM #10 Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 11:13:25 AM by TheCapeDoctor
great, thanks MaX, will grab it now ;)

just checked, and indeed, i didn't have the Data folder in there. now it's in, MaxHUD is working just fine, as it should.
thanks for the assist!  ;D

dibu

i did make the core.ini 'compatibility=0' change, it was on 1 - btw, what exactly does this change do, and where can i find more info on ini settings?
ptrshpt already posted the link towards the documentation.

The main difference between "compatibility=0" and "1" is that everything you need is contained in one folder (+ subfolders).
During the installation you should change the default installation folder and choose your personal folder e.g. C:\Games\WRS_B6
Using "compatibility=0" only makes sense if you don't use "C:\Program Files (x86)" or "C:\Program Files".

Using "compatibility=0" has several advantages for me:
- No trouble with access rights to C:\Program Files (x86)\... (e.g. plugins)
- All profile settings ( plus calibration, setups, license ...) are stored inside the original installation folder
- I can keep all my older betas for a direct compare because their profiles are still intact
- Easy for making a backup of all versions because every thing is contained in my C:\Games folder

HornetMaX

One (little) disadvantage of "compatibility=0": if you install in a folder that requires permissions (e.g. "C:\Program Files (x86)"), then you'll have to run ad admin (which is normally *not* required).
But as dibu said, if you use a "normal" folder then you're all set.

MaX.

CapeDoctor

thanks guys - i've gone ahead and changed it to '0' for both GPB and WRS, as i prefer to keep any games in their own folders, well away from Prog Files, anyway. ;)
i also like the idea of being able to retain older/multiple versions for comparative testing purposes, so another plus there  8)