• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 08:39:45 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Victoria - Lukey heights and hairpin - Help please

Started by h106frp, July 13, 2015, 11:11:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on July 13, 2015, 03:06:26 PM
I sometimes use Manual rider with Auto on too when I find a track with a troublesome corner, then during the turn I bring the rider a little more upright. For the rest of the lap auto does the job  ;D
So you're actually using auto rider lean with manual override (not manual rider lean, which would be something else). But yes, that's the idea :)

MaX.

Napalm Nick

Ya indeed

To be clearer:
I always use Auto F/R with Manual Override (for getting tucked in early).
I sometimes use Auto L/R with Manual Override (for beating pesky corners).
:)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

davidboda46

I use manual L/R lean. In banked corners leaning the rider fully usually causes the front to wash out (as Max also pointed out). I also think that most of the problems come from the current GP-bikes physics not being able to handle banked corners well. Riding around Sachsenring proves that. You can lean in the beginning and the end of the corners, but usually not at the apex. You also have to be careful around tarmac transitions. Coming out of turn 3 into 4 the camber changes and the bike becomes unstable. Hopefully these problems (and the dragging of the front when you try to pick the bike up) will be fixed in Beta 7. Basically I use the rider lean to pull the bike back coming out of corners (as it usually runs wider when you don't lean) and pulling it in towards the apex in the beginning of the corners. As for closing the throttle, that also depends on the amount of engine braking (remember that engine braking is opposite to the others when it comes to settings, the higher the value - less engine brake, lower value - more engine brake). With the Ducati Sbk I found that anything below 4 causes the bike to slide out when you close the throttle completely in corners, With 4 it becomes a bit harder to slow the bike down before cornering but easier to control in the corners, according to me at least (I mostly ride the GP12 and Ducati SBK 1199 R).

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

BOBR6 84

Over lukey heights going down into the tight right hander, stay to the left as long as possible.. Dont turn in too soon!! :) the bike sweeps around nicely..
I always get carried away.. Head for the apex going down the hill and wash out...

h106frp

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on July 13, 2015, 05:53:56 PM
Over lukey heights going down into the tight right hander, stay to the left as long as possible.. Dont turn in too soon!! :) the bike sweeps around nicely..
I always get carried away.. Head for the apex going down the hill and wash out...

Seems to describe my experience. Is this a track issue or physics?, the 'real' line seems to be the one you would naturally try and take; the rest of the track seems pretty close to the line in the vid

https://www.youtube.com/v/yEEEGOdmqGA

Hawk

Looking at the video.... The height transition from the apex of Lukey heights hairpin and the next corner look different to the Victoria track we have in GPB? Anyone else see that or is it just me?

Hawk.

h106frp

To me the apex area seems much flatter in the vid and the camber seems less severe

Vini

height difference always look a lot smaller in videos.

i pretty sure that piboso did a good job of accurately mapping victoria.

h106frp

Well, i can get round on the R6 OK so i need to investigate more why the 125 is so nervous on this turn. I do think the vid shows the apex much flatter. In game the apex seems to have quite a distinct change in gradient.

Oh well, back to practicing....

BOBR6 84

I think the front end washout's is one of the most common handling issues people have playing GPB.

It confuses me tbh.. Sometimes I get on well with it, other times I crash alot.
Playing around with the setup can make things alot better and/or worse..

I have more problems on honda hairpin (i think its called?) turn 4 anyway..

And thats pretty flat lol

h106frp

Not sure i believe these speeds - turn 4 55km/h compared to turn 10 120km/h in 1st gear!  :o (from Honda racing site, think its a typo and probably 20km/h  ;) )

HornetMaX

Quote from: h106frp on July 13, 2015, 10:08:26 PM
Not sure i believe these speeds - turn 4 55km/h compared to turn 10 120km/h in 1st gear!  :o (from Honda racing site, think its a typo and probably 20km/h  ;) )
The 55Kmh for turn 4 seems a bit low, and the 120Kmh for turn 10 a bit high, but not by much.
With the 990 for me it's more like 70 for turn 4 and 90 for turn 10, but I suspect the 90 to be a bit on the low side due to the known issue, without that I think 100/110 is doable.

MaX.

BOBR6 84

July 16, 2015, 12:37:10 AM #27 Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 12:45:13 AM by BOBR6 84
Intresting pic!

In GPB I struggle to be in the same gear as shown on some corners in the picture..

Turn 3.. Im using 5th or 6th.. 4th is far too short..

Back to victoria it is then!  ;)

EDIT: maybe not as the leaderboard times are 2/3 seconds faster than real life..

Be good for a realism/comparison video though to match the gearing.

Hawk

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on July 16, 2015, 12:37:10 AM
Intresting pic!

In GPB I struggle to be in the same gear as shown on some corners in the picture..

Turn 3.. Im using 5th or 6th.. 4th is far too short..

Back to victoria it is then!  ;)

EDIT: maybe not as the leaderboard times are 2/3 seconds faster than real life..

Be good for a realism/comparison video though to match the gearing.

I think you'll find that is about same for all fastest rider times on GPB tracks? Maybe because real-life riders value their lives more than a virtual rider who knows they can crash and respawn at any time without any pain!?? Hehe.  ;D

Which is why I tend to side with if you crash in a race then your out of the race in GPB events... Would make riders in GPB think twice about pushing their limits to the edge all the time.  :P ;D

Hawk

HornetMaX

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on July 16, 2015, 12:37:10 AM

Matching lap times exactly is very hard, too many factors.

But which bike and lap times are you comparing ? The 990 (default one) is supposed to be a 2003 bike.

MaX.