• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Weird experience - bike behaves very differently on certain tracks.

Started by CapeDoctor, July 16, 2015, 07:48:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapeDoctor

hi guys
this is something i've noticed since i first did a few laps around Sachsenring NC circuit, and i'm hoping someone could enlighten me - it's definitely not my imagination, lol
so i've been testing a lot with the Aprilia 250 on various tracks, and have been very happy with the bike's performance (my performance is a different matter, lol  ;D)
but this morning i downloaded the Sachsenring track, which i somehow missed before, and the bike is exhibiting some strange behavior that i've not experienced on any other track so far - it's almost as if a sparkplug is wet/misfiring, as it tries to climb through the revs, very spluttery, and i can actually see on the HUD plugin display, that the throttle display is also displaying on/off very quickly, along with the spluttering.
if i need to post up a vid showing what i mean, i can do so, if it'll help to show what i mean.
has anyone else encountered anything like this before?
i don't know what elements are all modeled in the sim, so maybe it's an atmospheric/height above sea level issue, i'm not sure. but so far, out of about 15 tracks that i've tried with the Aprilia, the problem is only apparent on the Sachsenring track.
any advice welcomed :D

Boerenlater

I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

CapeDoctor

umm...well, i have not changed any settings at all, only the track.
but in all cases i have traction control off, and wheeling help on (in simulation settings)
in the case of bike setup, i have TCS set at 2, anti wheeling at 0
no other changes at all between testing, the only variable being the tracks.

CapeDoctor

thinking of posting up a vid to show what i'm experiencing, maybe i can ask others more proficient with vid making - i have both Fraps and Bandicam for recording purposes, no problem with that, but in both cases, the resultant video file is pretty huge, and won't be worth me uploading when i could just rather explain verbally, lol
what is the best way/software that i can use to decrease the file size while still retaining most of the quality?

teeds

If you run it through something like windows movie maker it will allow you to save it out in a lower res and bit rate, as long as people don't try to play full screen it'll probably look fine for illustrating your problems.

CapeDoctor

Hawk

I think you'll find that if you turn off all TC and anti wheelie helps in garage and sim-settings you'll find the problem is solved.  ;)

Hawk.

CapeDoctor

will try that, Hawk, cheers.
just thought it weird that i've never encountered this issue before on over a dozen tracks, only for the first time on Sachsenring.
and can i just confirm - from what i've read in the forums, bike settings such as TCS, engine braking, etc are off when the setting is at highest number (e.g: 4) and when it's on 0 it's at highest. is this correct?

Napalm Nick

Not quite. Only Engine Braking is minimal when at highest setting.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

CapeDoctor

ok, so only engine braking is off/lowest when at higher value, and all others are off/lowest when at lowest(0) value. is that correct?

Napalm Nick

Did you used to work in FBI? I get scared with all the double questions man.  8) lol

Yes that is correct as I understand and feel it, and is told in the Guide.

My only real area of concern is Bump/rebound settings that I'm not comfortable with its actual effect and the Pivot allegedly does nowt but hmmmm I'm no so sure.

Fiddling and testing is your friend.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Vini

i can only say that sachsenring is basically impossible to properly ride if you are using TC, anti-wheelie or anything more than the second lowest amount of engine break.

HornetMaX

Quote from: TheCapeDoctor on July 16, 2015, 02:25:59 PM
ok, so only engine braking is off/lowest when at higher value, and all others are off/lowest when at lowest(0) value. is that correct?

Engine Braking at zero means no engine braking control, meaning you will have all the engine braking the bike can give (i.e. on the 990 you'll lock the rear almost each time you downshift).
Engine braking at it's maximum value means the brake applied by the engine will be more gentle.

I've already advised to change the logic of this setting or at least to rename it to something more explicit like "Engine Brake Control" or "Engine Brake Limiter": it would be much less confusing to new players.

MaX.

CapeDoctor

ah. okay, thanks MaX, now i finally get it. thanks for the clarification.
i have read and re-read all the guides and tuto's i could find in the forum, just so you guys know - i'm not just ignoring  forum etiquette, lol
the thing is, reading a guide and actually understanding it properly, are two different things, heheh - as i mentioned before, i'm not the most technically minded guy around, so i might, on occasion, ask things that sound a bit silly.
please bear with me if i do. or simply ignore me, lol.

QuoteDid you used to work in FBI?
lol, Nick, no, but i was a copper in my younger days, back in the bad old days of apartheid, so maybe that's it...  :P
anyway, left the force way back in '92, and being trying hard to be a bad boy ever since  8)
anyways, thanks for all the replies, fellas - will be fiddling more over the upcoming days.  ;)
cheers!

CapeDoctor

oh, almost forgot - i took the Aprilia 250 out for a spin on Sachsenring circuit with the wheelie and traction settings off, (no engine braking setting available) and now she is behaving as it should be - no more spluttering.
thanks for the assist, one and all!  8)