• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:51:40 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Track/s request - Kyalami/Killarney/Welkom

Started by CapeDoctor, July 16, 2015, 08:09:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapeDoctor

hi guys
hope it's okay to ask about this here - being a south african, i'd really love to see some of our local tracks for GPB. given a few years, i might try and tackle this myself, but currently my track creating knowledge is sweet eff-all.  :P
if any modder is keen/willing to give it a go, i can try and come up with some info.
the Kyalami track is pretty well known, i think, and the Welkom track was used for several GP races (great circuit, btw)
here in Cape Town, the local track is Killarney, and if it helps, i have the track mod in one of my other racing sims - either rFactor or Race 07, can't recall just now, but will check.
if anyone is willing/able to tackle at least one of these tracks, i'd be super grateful.  8)
i do find it a bit weird that we have one of the slightly more obscure local tracks (Aldo Scribante) available, yet none of the 'bigger name' tracks...
anyway, just a suggestion at this point - would be great to see more local tracks.
thanks for reading.  8)

BOBR6 84

CapeDoctor

July 16, 2015, 08:38:42 AM #2 Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 08:45:43 AM by TheCapeDoctor
i just checked my rFactor folder, and it has all 3 of the tracks i'm after - Kyalami, Killarney and Phakisa(Welkom)
i don't know if those files will help, but i am more than willing to upload them for anyone who is keen to take a look. ;)

@ BOBR6, the Kyalami circuit is currently closed for extensive overhaul, to prepare it for future racing.
will surely be interesting to see the result, it is a damn fine track.  8)

JJS209

its possible to convert rfactor tracks to gpb. saves a lot of work but the outcome of the surface differs a lot and must be maybe reworked imo.

Hawk

I'd love to see the Kyalami track of the 70's and 80's in GPB..... I remember it well in the GP500 Champ seasons. Great track!  ;D

Unfortunately I'm very busy with other projects right now so if I was to do it, it wouldn't be for a long time yet, but would love to see it done.  8)

Great suggestion Doc!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

CapeDoctor

in case any track guru wants to have a look, with an eye to possibly working on these at some point for GPB, here are the 3 tracks which are from rFactor, hope they are useful in some way -  Kyalami (modern layout, not the older 70's one) Killarney and Phakisa - https://www.mediafire.com/?bvc5j3gpvbk0uj2
8)