• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:42:02 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

hosting an online session.... how....?

Started by CapeDoctor, July 17, 2015, 11:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapeDoctor

hi guys
i recently found another member who lives near me, and we were discussing the possibility of playing online together, as we both have high ping issues with most of the server sessions.
hopefully if we can join some sort of local session, we can ride together and help each other improve our skills, so i want to ask - is this feasible? and if so, how would i go about doing it?
thanks in advance for any advice :D

Napalm Nick

Best thing to do is do a search from the home page, reading every article that appears for the term "dedicated server"

There is a lot of info already about how to do it and to explain it all again would be exasperating and not a 5 second job. If you get stuck on any bits come back.

"Search" is your friend, get pally with it  ;)

Heres a starter from the GUIDE  ::) http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=431.msg3008#msg3008
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

CapeDoctor

BOBR6 84

Napalm Nick

Ah yes if only life was so simple!  ;D

The link gives the branches to both methods instructions, especially the port forwarding needed to allow others to join.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"