• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 07:34:02 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

'14 rcv setup

Started by Vini, July 20, 2015, 02:34:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

I don't think it will be as good as 'God', but yes maybe while the pivot setting physics is not working as expected it would be better to not have settings available for the default bikes, even if they don't do anything.

I was wondering about the clamp offset too. Its not something I have ever touched on any bike road or race but then again I rarely touch anything modern with a spanner (spanners are still used nowadays right?) so probably have never seen it. I will have to research what it does even.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on November 14, 2015, 09:22:38 AM
I don't think it will be as good as 'God', but yes maybe while the pivot setting physics is not working as expected it would be better to not have settings available for the default bikes, even if they don't do anything.
But there's no reason to say it's not working as expected: given the way the bike is simulated in GPB (multibody approach), pivot adjustment comes basically for free, like (for example) the rake angle setting. I just can't understand the reasons behind the choice.

Napalm Nick

I thought I read somewhere here that it wasn't used yet because it needed work on the effect it has. Maybe I assumed this had to be the reason as it is a not-used feature. (Certainly can't find anything in a quick look). Anyway ours is not to reason why I guess.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

November 14, 2015, 11:35:16 AM #18 Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 11:36:50 AM by Hawk
There's a nice explanation of Rake Angles for a motorcycle here: http://bikearama.com/theory/motorcycle-rake-trail-explained/ Though I've not really felt these effects in GPB as of yet.
In fact I would go as far to say that the physics on some bikes are not set-up to allow for differences in real life set-up, often opposite way around than in reality to achieve what you want; if achieving what you want from a setup is even possible in a lot of cases. I'm sure this is why a lot of riders just settle for the default settings because they provide a stable ride they can work with when racing?
Maybe some modding physics guys and testers are just happy to get a bike performing to a stable rideable result instead of making sure that with setup changes you should be able to change the balance of the bike and the way it handles to individual rider preferences, ie: a bit of oversteer or understeer on the front or rear or a nice balance between both by using a combination of all the various bike settings in the garage. I've yet to find a bike in GPB that you can confidently do this with setup changes. But I'm sure it will come.  :)

Hawk.

Vini

Quote from: HornetMaX on November 14, 2015, 09:26:35 AMBut there's no reason to say it's not working as expected: given the way the bike is simulated in GPB (multibody approach), pivot adjustment comes basically for free, like (for example) the rake angle setting. I just can't understand the reasons behind the choice.
lol there are so many things in GP Bikes you could say this about

HornetMaX

The Aprilia RSW500 has the swing arm pivot working.

Napalm Nick

Cool now we need feedback as to how it influences the 'feel'.
Maybe tomorrow for me zzzzzzzzzzz