• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 09:38:22 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

GPBikes Owners Club | GP800 NDS CHAMPIONSHIP | Race 4 | COMPLETE

Started by Napalm Nick, July 24, 2015, 01:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

(Club made a small donation to this chap for his Countdown Timers)

CHAMPIONSHIP INFORMATION & SIGN UP LINK

RACE PROGRAMME:

Wednesday - Server will be GPBOC 1.
19.00CET     Race 3 Sign-up closes
20.30CET     Server Master-reset - Whitelist in force - Unofficial Practice Starts
21:00CET    Official Practice Starts - everyone requested to be on server BEFORE qually starts
21:15CET    Qualifying starts  - minimum chat rule
21.30CET     RACE  (15 LAPS NO WARMUP LAP)  - minimum chat rule

Race restarts will be kept to an absolute minimum - please understand and practice your race start procedure and know what causes disqualifications/jumps. NO WARMUP LAP.

Finally, Good luck all.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Napalm Nick

GPBOC 1 SERVER is up for Monza testing and practice - and updating to the Hotlap server
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

yan24

Hello, I calculated the average consumption to make 18 tours of the race and I noticed that the 21 liters of the reservoir would not make the race.

18 tours = 25 Litres +-

1.4 Litres+- = 1 tours

15 tours = 21 Litres

I so that there is no problem the day of the race

thank you

Napalm Nick

Well spotted Yan!

My consumption is only 1.2 L/lap but then I am 4 seconds off your pace lol.

Does a different engine mapping help I wonder. Interesting.....

Boerenlater

I use 1.20 per lap.
Just ride slower or take the risk to strand without gas ;)
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Napalm Nick

well yes - another way is to open the gear ratios - substitute acceleration for fuel.
Innnteresting.....

Boerenlater

Quote from: Napalm Nick on July 27, 2015, 04:38:46 PM
well yes - another way is to open the gear ratios - substitute acceleration for fuel.
Innnteresting.....
Don't redline every gear also maybe? This bike has enough power anyway to shift up with 12k-15k rpm.

yan24

1.4L / lap the consumption with the full tank of gas is and the consumption reduces more the reservoir empties and on average I consume 1.34L / LAP.

But with a consumption of 1.2L / lap it is not possible to finish the race.
The maximum consumption is of 1.16L / lap to make 18 tours.

I am going to try several configurations so that the consumption is reduced.

Boerenlater

July 27, 2015, 05:50:41 PM #8 Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 06:04:42 PM by Napalm Nick
Nick I hope you really enforce here to stay inside the lines and not going on the green. (2nd chicane)

Napalm Nick

I will lower the amount of laps if needed of course, but I find this very interesting to investigate. Personally I would like to see players working out how to ride a more tactical race rather than the flag to flag sprint races we always do.

As we have already seen, people are noticing the tyres are well worn in the last few laps of the race. All these things make it more interesting and more realistic I think.

I tried a few runs with different engine mapping but as yet I haven't noticed any fuel consumption differences. But the GP10 is odd in that it doesn't allow you to change the EM in the race like you can with other bikes. So....does the EM actually work properly on this bike??

With the help of MaxHUD, races can be so much more detailed - imagine MaxHUD telling you you had 5 laps of fuel left but there is actually 10 laps to go - so you change the EM to help. Awesome.  I know some might say that isn't what you can do on a real race bike but still it would make for some interesting stuff. MaxHUD showing tyre wear would also be awesome - if unrealistic. 

Good work Yan I look forward to reading your results  8)

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Boerenlater on July 27, 2015, 05:50:41 PM
Nick I hope you really enforce here to stay inside the lines and not going on the green. (2nd chicane)

Everyone knows what is allowed and what isn't I hope. Deliberate cutting is cheating - no excuses.

All claims will be investigated.

To be sure - anyone who doesn't understand the term "track limits" get in touch.  :)

Boerenlater

Quote from: Napalm Nick on July 27, 2015, 06:03:30 PM
I will lower the amount of laps if needed of course, but I find this very interesting to investigate. Personally I would like to see players working out how to ride a more tactical race rather than the flag to flag sprint races we always do.

As we have already seen, people are noticing the tyres are well worn in the last few laps of the race. All these things make it more interesting and more realistic I think.

I tried a few runs with different engine mapping but as yet I haven't noticed any fuel consumption differences. But the GP10 is odd in that it doesn't allow you to change the EM in the race like you can with other bikes. So....does the EM actually work properly on this bike??

With the help of MaxHUD, races can be so much more detailed - imagine MaxHUD telling you you had 5 laps of fuel left but there is actually 10 laps to go - so you change the EM to help. Awesome. I know some might say that isn't what you can do on a real race bike but still it would make for some interesting stuff. MaxHUD showing tyre wear would also be awesome - if unrealistic. 

Good work Yan I look forward to reading your results  8)
But in real life they also save fuel.

Vini

I'd say reduce the amount of laps.

Fuel will not be enough for me and I also noticed that after a few big high speed slides at the long right handers, even the extrahard tyres show significant wear (and heat).

Boerenlater

But reduce it not too much, like 16 or 17 is okay for me.
15 too easy on the gas.

Boerenlater

Quote from: vin97 on July 27, 2015, 07:09:58 PM
I'd say reduce the amount of laps.

Fuel will not be enough for me and I also noticed that after a few big high speed slides at the long right handers, even the extrahard tyres show significant wear (and heat).

This is 10 laps on these tyres.
Extrahard should hold it if you sacrifice maybe some speed?