• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:15:13 AM

Respawn

Started by HornetMaX, August 06, 2015, 10:35:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you like that proposal for respawn:

Great
3 (27.3%)
Nice
8 (72.7%)
I don't care
0 (0%)
Hate it
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 02, 2016, 10:36:36 AM

HornetMaX

Quote from: teeds on August 06, 2015, 02:35:38 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on August 06, 2015, 12:19:01 PM
Well it's made on purpose, otherwise you'll have plenty of people cutting corners and chicanes ...

Really? I find it hard to believe that that's an intended feature to stop cutters  :o I've never before played a racing game were a lap is discounted due to cutting, too many times the cut could be due to third party actions. Other solutions did include adding track objects to stop or at least deter it, detect cutting and highlight it (to stop hot lapping cheaters) or, like in real life check during or after an event and penalise when it actually matters, the last option being my desired method for this game too.
It's up to the track maker: if they put checkpoints in it, they will be honored and, if skipped, the lap will not count.

It makes sense for "fastest lap" competitions (like the record page or Hot Lap events).

MaX.

teeds

Makes sense for fast lap records but only that, I guess we need a server option to turn it off as required as it seems a bit much to ask for racing and hotlap versions of tracks, fix one thing and break others eh  :(

HornetMaX

Quote from: teeds on August 06, 2015, 03:22:01 PM
Makes sense for fast lap records but only that, I guess we need a server option to turn it off as required as it seems a bit much to ask for racing and hotlap versions of tracks, fix one thing and break others eh  :(
It could make sense if it's off during races. But it should be kept on for anything else (testing, quali and warmup).

Feel free to post under the suggestion section: if it's accepted, then the "respawn where the bike stops" makes more sense !

MaX.

BOBR6 84

Wherever the bike ends up after a crash is where you should restart/respawn from. Personally I just want to look who is coming before I hit the respawn button.. Be fine as long as you respawn in the same place and not somewhere random.

In an ideal world hehe, have the rider pick up and push the bike and all that jazzy stuff!  8) bike damage too! But.... Aint gonna happen.

HornetMaX

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on August 06, 2015, 08:23:17 PM
Wherever the bike ends up after a crash is where you should restart/respawn from. Personally I just want to look who is coming before I hit the respawn button.. Be fine as long as you respawn in the same place and not somewhere random.

As said by h106, if you respawn where the bike stops, then the bike is already sitting there, so there's no need to look around before respawning (but yes before restarting).

If the issue with missing checkpoints is solved (somehow: do not take into account missed checkpoints in races, do count them in quali/testing/warmup) then it's probably the best solution.

MaX.

teeds

Quote from: HornetMaX on August 06, 2015, 09:07:23 PM
(somehow: do not take into account missed checkpoints in races, do count them in quali/testing/warmup)

More detailed ways of applying it wouldn't hurt, but simply off would be fine if it's too complicated to set per session, as already said there's other ways of dealing with it.

HornetMaX

Quote from: teeds on August 07, 2015, 07:32:06 AM
Quote from: HornetMaX on August 06, 2015, 09:07:23 PM
(somehow: do not take into account missed checkpoints in races, do count them in quali/testing/warmup)

More detailed ways of applying it wouldn't hurt, but simply off would be fine if it's too complicated to set per session, as already said there's other ways of dealing with it.
Hmm, off would be bad for hot lapping and records: doing it right it's just an extra "if".

Let's create a new topic with your proposal and see what others think: honestly it seems better overall than what I proposed here.

MaX.

HornetMaX

I'm locking this topic, as the proposal described here is defintely better.

MaX.